Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

price increase fun.
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:38:27 pm »
Been having some fun the last 2 weeks putting prices up.

A lot of my older work was a bit low and I'm bursting with work so I thought why not put em up.

Some of it was a bit ruthless but that was the plan, so far I have lost.....2. And that was because I didn't want to do them anymore so I doubled the price and I got the reply from them both, can we put the window cleaning on hold for now? didn't even reply, wont miss em.

I am really enjoying it to be fair, quite surprised that some of them were more than happy to agree.

Stoots

Re: price increase fun.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »
Been having some fun the last 2 weeks putting prices up.

A lot of my older work was a bit low and I'm bursting with work so I thought why not put em up.

Some of it was a bit ruthless but that was the plan, so far I have lost.....2. And that was because I didn't want to do them anymore so I doubled the price and I got the reply from them both, can we put the window cleaning on hold for now? didn't even reply, wont miss em.

I am really enjoying it to be fair, quite surprised that some of them were more than happy to agree.

Mine are ready for an increase, oldest are 3 years or so now. If i dont do it this year definitely next april...
I have some that are way too low. I dont imagine my oldest work to be a problem, but the newer stuff less than a year i dont think i would risk just yet.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:22:53 pm »
Well done , it’s difficult to begin with but you soon start enjoying it

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:06:51 pm »
I have recently taken over some work from a friend some of his prices were very low put up one job from £30 to £60 another from £10 to £20 and they were fine about it said they thought it was cheap this has made me think that I will try similar price increases with some other jobs I don’t like doing if I loose a few Ime still going to be earning more for less work , win win 😂😂😂

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:51 pm »
i picked up a job recently where the customer wasnt happy with the price their window cleaner was charging(he said he kept putting his prices up).it doesnt happen very often but my price was cheaper and i gladly took the work on as i clean most of the others properties down this posh cul de sac....

this has also happened before in other areas where i clean a lot of properties in one area....i think the only way the other window cleaners can make it pay is to charge high if its a stand alone(i do it myself sometimes).....

a guy has packed up near where i work.he s not been seen since oct last year! :D...so theres lots of work up for grabs.im picking some of  them up slowly....i should really do some leafleting and canvassing but i have enough work for me(without bursting at the seams)and this chap never touched the frames and charged ridiculously low prices....so his customers are a bit surprised when i tell them my price but the longer frequencies and sparkling frames softens the blow..... 8)
price higher/work harder!

alank

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:57:45 am »
I put about 100 up this month then another 150 going up next month tend to lose a couple when increasing prices but funnily enough it always seams to be the ones I wasn't bothered about losing anyway. The majority of the better type of customer won't cancel over a couple of quid extra so why worry ;D

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 07:25:56 am »
I put about 100 up this month then another 150 going up next month tend to lose a couple when increasing prices but funnily enough it always seams to be the ones I wasn't bothered about losing anyway. The majority of the better type of customer won't cancel over a couple of quid extra so why worry ;D

Whenever I get a cancel I can always think of reasons why I aint bothered about the one who cancels "never liked the cat anyways"

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 07:32:00 am »
Well done , it’s difficult to begin with but you soon start enjoying it

I already am, I wander who I can pick on today? Haha... no its just lately I have started pricing up all my work as I go around cleaning and when I'm not happy I go into ruthless mode. You cant think about if they may not like it or cancel, you just do it.

I have started to become very "firm but fair" with my customers, "take it or leave it" is the new order.

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 07:35:02 am »
Well done - timing of jobs helps loads when it comes to pricing as it’s in Black and white which jobs are underpriced

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 07:37:06 am »
Well done - timing of jobs helps loads when it comes to pricing as it’s in Black and white which jobs are underpriced

Cheers!

Its time everything fitted in with me and not the other way around.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 08:31:47 am »
I put some of my prices up in April most years.never at any other time of year though.ive not put a single job up this year ....
price higher/work harder!

combat1

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 06:30:02 pm »
Was desperate for work the other day . Got four houses cold calling at £15 - when I normally would have charged £18.
Did the work thinking ‘ these should be £18.
But then others came out and I was honest with them, told them I cant do them at £15 its got to be a fair £18.
They were fine so looking good in that road.
Lesson - no matter how desperate be confident and go for the price you want.

Missing Link

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 07:12:41 pm »
this has also happened before in other areas where i clean a lot of properties in one area....i think the only way the other window cleaners can make it pay is to charge high if its a stand alone(i do it myself sometimes).....

I've done this; charged high just for one property to make it worthwhile going there.

But then a neighbor asks for a quote, and then another, and then the area starts to look attractive and I wish I hadn't charged so much for the first few in case it results in a refusal from other potential customers.

One on occasion I ended up reducing the price of well overpriced job because I picked up others around her.  I explained to her why and she was fine with it.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

John Mart

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 07:14:56 pm »

I've done this; charged high just for one property to make it worthwhile going there.

But then a neighbor asks for a quote, and then another, and then the area starts to look attractive and I wish I hadn't charged so much for the first few in case it results in a refusal from other potential customers.

One on occasion I ended up reducing the price of well overpriced job because I picked up others around her.  I explained to her why and she was fine with it.
And I’ve done the opposite, reduced the price for three, then lost two. Noob mistake number 365.

trippyboy

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 09:07:58 pm »
Put mine up recently which amounts to an extra £150 per every 4 wks  :)