Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Aworka help
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:09:39 pm »
Just trying this out and its doing my head in already

i cleaned a load of jobs yesterday that were 3 weeks overdue, marked them off on the mobile app and synced.

Now they are showing as due again next week ?

the planner is so confusing to look at ll different colours and shades, im looking at work that is overdue and its also on the planner for the next clean as well.

think i might just go back to george, what a farce trying to shift jobs about

any advice

dazmond

Re: Aworka help
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:20:34 pm »

i cleaned a load of jobs yesterday that were 3 weeks overdue, marked them off on the mobile app and synced.

the planner is so confusing to look at ll different colours and shades, im looking at work that is overdue and its also on the planner for the next clean as well.

any advice

its obvious to me......you need to go into settings to set up your jobs to "day actually cleaned" and not the date on the planner......(this is an option on cleaner planner)aworka is probably similar.....then the jobs you cleaned yesterday will show up again on the planner in 4 weeks(if its 4 weekly)
price higher/work harder!

johnwillan

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 06:29:29 pm »

any advice

In addition to Dazmond's excellent advice (which is correct) you can change the display using the "Highlight" drop down box (top right of planner screen).

Changing to any new app is often a frustrating process as they rarely work in a similar way, however both Aworka and Cleaner Planner are superb and worth persevering.
HTH

John

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 06:31:02 pm »
Under 'planner' in 'settings' make sure the dropdown of 'replan from' is set to 'last job date'. You probably have it set to 'last due date'.

Hopefully that helps.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 06:35:23 pm »
I switched from George to Aworka about a year ago. I was emailing Chris all the time because I was so frustrated.

As above, stick with it because although it's not perfect  & takes a lot of getting used to, I find it so much better than George.

I ran both George & Aworka together for about a month whilst getting used to Aworka.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 06:39:50 pm »
i did have it on last job date.

its still saying they are due next week.

also im looking at overdue work and they are all skipped, i just want to work from most overdue work first but this thing is planning what would have been due tomorrow and the skipped stuff (which wasnt skipped) is due again

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »
Not sure why that is.

Personally, I set my highlight on the planner to 'Early/Late' so that I can address the most overdue work, which is I think what you are wanting to do? Darker the yellow,orange then red is the more overdue they are.

I would drag the jobs to where you want to fix it for now.

Chris can turn off the auto planning feature if you want. He advised me to when I was trying to get my head round it nut I felt this defeated the whole object of the planner.

I feel your pain as it literally gave me a headache each night when I switched. Stick with it though as it is worth it IMO.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 06:59:38 pm »
Are you sure you don't have the job default in settings set to four weeks as apposed to six?

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:20 pm »
Not sure why that is.

Personally, I set my highlight on the planner to 'Early/Late' so that I can address the most overdue work, which is I think what you are wanting to do? Darker the yellow,orange then red is the more overdue they are.

I would drag the jobs to where you want to fix it for now.

Chris can turn off the auto planning feature if you want. He advised me to when I was trying to get my head round it nut I felt this defeated the whole object of the planner.

I feel your pain as it literally gave me a headache each night when I switched. Stick with it though as it is worth it IMO.

cheers. emailed him a few times but no reply. ill try again and tell him what im trying to do.

yes i just want to work from the most overdue first, i dont want any planning don for me, just want to do the oldest first then when done be due again 4 weeks from when ive done it.

odd thing is when im on the mobile app its showing me to add jobs from july.

totally baffled with it all lol

but thanks for your help, i shall just use both for a while

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:19:18 pm »
Wouldn't you think theses people that make these system would have a weekend of training every six mounth s for free helping you get the most out of them ????

I've got to say we're going though a I.t. Melt down at the minute and Chris as gone well out of his way to help and we're not even using his system !!! 

We very impressed with the help we have had of him and will soon be customers once I sit down with a years worth of work sheets and start the king task of manualsy writhing out 1400 customers

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 07:36:54 pm »
No probs Gomo. Chris will get back to you I'm sure.

It sounds like you run your work similar to me, not too rigid. George was one long list of jobs and I used to just clean the most overdue first. I still do to an extent but I think Aworka works slightly differently. George seemed too obsessed with the due date for me. I wanted to be able to drag and drop on a planner (ideally in blocks of jobs if necessary). Shifting jobs was hard work. I was forever making custom worklists on the bulk update.

Problem I find with Aworka is not being able to drag multiple jobs at a time on the planner. It's either all work or each individual job (or just commercial or residential). You can't drag two or three at a time. Gets even more complicated when you have an employee or more. There was supposed to be another planner in the pipeline but not sure when.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:52 pm »
No probs Gomo. Chris will get back to you I'm sure.

It sounds like you run your work similar to me, not too rigid. George was one long list of jobs and I used to just clean the most overdue first. I still do to an extent but I think Aworka works slightly differently. George seemed too obsessed with the due date for me. I wanted to be able to drag and drop on a planner (ideally in blocks of jobs if necessary). Shifting jobs was hard work. I was forever making custom worklists on the bulk update.

Problem I find with Aworka is not being able to drag multiple jobs at a time on the planner. It's either all work or each individual job (or just commercial or residential). You can't drag two or three at a time. Gets even more complicated when you have an employee or more. There was supposed to be another planner in the pipeline but not sure when.

No, i usually organise day by day as i go, just work from the oldest, for example if it rains or im off sick or whatever i just pick up where i left off i dont want my work all planning out day by day months in advance...

I really like george, each evening i just organised next days work then print sheets off.

i just wanted to make life easier by marking off work on my mobile then syncing rather than going through one by one on george. also wanted to bulk text and take go cardless, again saving time.

yes ive noticed that with aworka, you cant drag a handfull of jobs, also it doesnt let you pick which date you want to move them to just forward a number of days, which means me counting how many days it is to the date i want.

Ill have to get chris to reset it all, its gone completely tits up now, i have dragged old jobs to tomorrow, but they are still showing up a week after in the planner, surely if i drag jobs to today they shouldnt show up again for 4 weeks...

ill mail chris and tell him what im trying to achieve and hopefully he can set it up better for me.

Go

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »
They should automatically bump along....
If we do a job late, next visit will be 2 months after (we do no monthly)

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 09:00:57 pm »
Wouldn't you think theses people that make these system would have a weekend of training every six mounth

No.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 09:51:06 pm »
Can  you print off a weeks worth of work off on a Monday and it all in job order on set rounds ?

I just like the lads to start a round and work down the sheet from the top to the bottom and the next day they start off where they left off none of this dragging and drop boxes stuff ?

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 11:18:53 pm »
Can  you print off a weeks worth of work off on a Monday and it all in job order on set rounds ?

I just like the lads to start a round and work down the sheet from the top to the bottom and the next day they start off where they left off none of this dragging and drop boxes stuff ?

Have you got or tried george ?

if you are not into all the dragging, dropping etc and just want a simple round planner with paper worksheets it cant be beat imo.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 08:36:50 am »
They should automatically bump along....
If we do a job late, next visit will be 2 months after (we do no monthly)

on cleaner planner you  go into settings and change the planner to "day actually cleaned".so when i clean a job(regardless of what the date says on the planner)it automatically goes to 4 weeks time FROM THE DAY I MARKED THE JOB AS DONE.

i download my worksheets a week at a time and having it on this setting means i can decide to clean some jobs on different days (on the worksheet that week)and itll bump them along in frequency order.....

i find it laughable that some window cleaners find it complicated......its very easy and straightforward once you ve been using it for a few days and much better than programs like george for example......
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 09:49:31 am »
I get what you're saying Gomo about day to day but I think  you either give up the auto planning on Aworka or you just have to accept that these jobs are 'penciled in' so to speak. They're not set in stone.

We don't work in rain, but I do have our week roughly planned out. It always changes though due to drop outs, weather, illness etc. I still like worksheets for me & my employee to scribble over (we're in separate vans) as well as the app. There's notes on the sheet that aren't immediately visible on the app.