Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Phew. Close, nearly lost my extreme 47
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:19:45 pm »
Silly me. I placed my extreme 47 down on an outdoor table at a large commercial job whilst I switched over poles for lower level work yesterday.  When I left at 12pm I Completly forgot the pole.

I did not notice until later this morning the empty holder in my van which horrified me.

Went straight back to site only to see it left in the same place untouched.  Phew. Lesson learned.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

zesty

Re: Phew. Close, nearly lost my extreme 47
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 02:41:04 pm »
Silly me. I placed my extreme 47 down on an outdoor table at a large commercial job whilst I switched over poles for lower level work yesterday.  When I left at 12pm I Completly forgot the pole.

I did not notice until later this morning the empty holder in my van which horrified me.

Went straight back to site only to see it left in the same place untouched.  Phew. Lesson learned.

Same thing happened to me once, well slightly different...

Was cleaning a commercial office and always take sections off to lighten the pole as I get lower. Left 3 sections round the back, come Monday morning suddenly realised there were sections missing!  :o

Thankfully popped back and the three sections were in the same place propped up against the wall! Amazed they weren’t taken as people walk there dogs 20 yards from where it was. Was expecting someone to think ‘hmm that looks interesting, I’ll take it home’ thankfully no one did!

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 03:38:22 pm »
I did that with a 18ft Brodex pole once, didn't even bother going back for it  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:45:46 pm »
what are the chances that a window cleaner(and a dodgy one at that) would be walking past where you left your pole and nick it though?most people would not steal a water fed pole..... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 07:51:06 pm »
what are the chances that a window cleaner(and a dodgy one at that) would be walking past where you left your pole and nick it though?most people would not steal a water fed pole..... ::)roll

I left a carbon fibre 30ft pole in the communal courtyard of a block of apartments when I was employed. I went back the next morning and it was gone.

I wasn’t particularly surprised tbh with you......the apartments were in a fairly dodgy area of Liverpool. 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 08:41:35 pm »

Im pretty sure if a couple of lads or kids walked last they’d grab it and mess around with it.

Depends who walks past!