Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt.

Re: Its getting a bit too much now.
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 06:07:25 pm »
Didn't get home till 8pm last night and was completely goosed, was so tired when I got into bed I couldn't sleep.

Anyone else get fed with the workload?

I would love to do less but need to be progressing and cant afford to take a step backwards, crap situation.

What I wouldn't do for a month off, got two weeks off in August but it seems so far away!

It's like that sometimes mate, ya just have to keep going. I have days like that were 8pm becomes the new 5pm finish time.
August is only there u will soon be thinking the slog was worth it when u laying in the hot 🌞 Sipping away on the local 🍻

paul alan

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »
Didn't get home till 8pm last night and was completely goosed, was so tired when I got into bed I couldn't sleep.

I would love to do less but need to be progressing and cant afford to take a step backwards, crap situation.

What I wouldn't do for a month off, got two weeks off in August but it seems so far away!

It's like that sometimes mate, ya just have to keep going. I have days like that were 8pm becomes the new 5pm finish time.
August is only there u will soon be thinking the slog was worth it when u laying in the hot 🌞 Sipping away on the local 🍻

I know mate, I think Dazmond had it right that builder's clean was a step too far last night and I was still tired and fed up this morning

The misses was at work today and we were done for 1:30 so its swings n roundabouts, and tomorrow is off.

Some days just get you down.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 07:14:22 pm »
enjoy your weekend paul.....im off now til tuesday!anglesey on sat for a couple of days...hope the good weather lasts..... 8)

first weekend away ive had this year.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »
I'm on holiday at the minute sat in the sun having my breakfast.. so sorry about that but....

I lost my employee day before i went away,
We parted ways amicably, he wanted to go self employed, I wasn't too bothered as was getting a bit fed up with extra workload it requires running a second van.

So that has left me considering my plans going forward. The workload I have left I can probably manage solo but I can't work 8 hours a day on the glass on my own forever, it's boring for a start but mainly just draining. No fun getting in and just wanting to sleep.

On the flip side employing whilst physically easier is mentally draining.

It does leave you questioning what's the point in trying to earn loads of money, more money more problems, more stress, more workload etc.

When I get back I'm going to refine what I have and really work on quality over quantity.

I'm going to look at subbing/renting/selling what I have left over and then look at something else.

I have an idea for an online business.

i used to think why is adam so tired working 6 hour days at 35?until you mentioned your heart problems....it wont get better with age mate so your right to start another less physical business/job....good luck adam.....

paul alan

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 09:47:29 pm »
I'm on holiday at the minute sat in the sun having my breakfast.. so sorry about that but....

I lost my employee day before i went away,
We parted ways amicably, he wanted to go self employed, I wasn't too bothered as was getting a bit fed up with extra workload it requires running a second van.

So that has left me considering my plans going forward. The workload I have left I can probably manage solo but I can't work 8 hours a day on the glass on my own forever, it's boring for a start but mainly just draining. No fun getting in and just wanting to sleep.

On the flip side employing whilst physically easier is mentally draining.

It does leave you questioning what's the point in trying to earn loads of money, more money more problems, more stress, more workload etc.

When I get back I'm going to refine what I have and really work on quality over quantity.

I'm going to look at subbing/renting/selling what I have left over and then look at something else.

I have an idea for an online business.

Oh its just twigged...Going On My Own...Gomo!

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 10:53:44 am »
Arguing on here?

Tosh, rosskesava, Dry Clean, Martin606, Perfect Windows et al can be blamed for most things. Not arthritis though.
Was it Thatcher then?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 11:15:13 am »
Arguing on here?

Tosh, rosskesava, Dry Clean, Martin606, Perfect Windows et al can be blamed for most things. Not arthritis though.

Mind you ... stress can make arthritis feel even worse and banging your head against a brick wall even more so. Maybe cut down, especially arguing with 606 ?

;D
It's a game of three halves!

RPCCS

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 12:15:50 pm »

I know exactly where you are coming from.  Last year, I was feeling the same way, and was all for selling up and moving on to something else. Then I thought,what?  I have no other trade I can  fall back on, other than going on to the coaches full time, which.I dont want to do, as it involves working most weekends, and no time with the family, plus the fact that most of the time ,younare sitting around waiting for people.  So I decided to diversify a bit, and started doing jet washing ,and promoting cleaning of roofline,and conservatory roofs. Also I am totally sick of the winters ow, and couldn’t face doing JUST window cleaning, so this year I  am doing a carpet cleaning course,in a bid to get set up and start doing it  during the winter , even if I get two days a week from it, its better than being outside all winter.
Cheers Rich

Steve H

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 10:44:02 pm »
Hi Guys,
I'm just getting going on here again, as usual finding some really interesting things being discussed.
My advice would be to not take on some of the crappy jobs (builder cleans etc.) as these nearly always take longer than you think and they are hard work for sure, these sort of jobs put you under pressure when you don't need it. There is easier work out there if you look for it.
I'm also mad busy (turning people away now) and looking to expand if i can,  just wondered what you guys think about employing someone, as i'm looking at another van on the road if i can make it financially viable.
Any comments from people who have gone through this process, good or bad would be appreciated.
If this area has been discussed before on here, can anyone point me in the direction of a thread (date) where it was discussed to save going over old ground.
Cheers
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:14 am »
Hi Guys,
I'm just getting going on here again, as usual finding some really interesting things being discussed.
My advice would be to not take on some of the crappy jobs (builder cleans etc.) as these nearly always take longer than you think and they are hard work for sure, these sort of jobs put you under pressure when you don't need it. There is easier work out there if you look for it.
I'm also mad busy (turning people away now) and looking to expand if i can,  just wondered what you guys think about employing someone, as i'm looking at another van on the road if i can make it financially viable.
Any comments from people who have gone through this process, good or bad would be appreciated.
If this area has been discussed before on here, can anyone point me in the direction of a thread (date) where it was discussed to save going over old ground.
Cheers
Steve

start a new thread mate..its trial and error employing.a lot of headaches but it can work out ok for a few years if your willing to put the effort in.....

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 07:50:34 am »
I don't like holidays though, never have. Two weeks off is my idea of hell. Especially in August.

what a miserable git you are mate.....what are you gonna do with all your money?is your ambition to be the richest corpse in the graveyard? ;D

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 08:11:22 am »
Employing is a headache.

I don't really want to employ again but on the flip side I don't want to clean windows 5 days a week forever.

So I will probably employ again.

It's just about finding the right person, that's all there is to it really.....

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 08:19:14 am »
Employing is a headache.

I don't really want to employ again but on the flip side I don't want to clean windows 5 days a week forever.

So I will probably employ again.

It's just about finding the right person, that's all there is to it really.....

even if you find a good one they rarely last longer than a year or so before they either start up themselves or move onto something else......you might go through 20 guys before you find the right one thatll stick it for a few months......

nathankaye

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:04 pm »
Wife wanted to come to work with me, so spent yesterday afternoon training and were out today.
 ::)roll  ::)roll

Not sure yet if I'm pleased with the idea or not
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mick Kent

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »
i dont get home till 8/9 pm most eves.
i love it..

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:13 pm »
Wife wanted to come to work with me, so spent yesterday afternoon training and were out today.

It’s probably the most cost effective way to work! If your wife doesn’t already work anywhere else , then she can earn £11500 (I think) tax free a year! More money in your house and pay less tax

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 04:30:21 pm »

tell her to do one then!no way would i have my missus working with me! ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »

Didn’t you say in the past that your wife schools the kids at home?

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 05:30:53 pm »

Home schooling isn't the same as formal schooling 8:30 - 3pm Mon -, Fri!   
My littlest goes to a child minder n others go to their nannas for baking once a week etc. So she does get some free time haha 😂 I wouldn't like to be stuck with kids 24/7 either.   Going work is an holiday compared to looking after a young family day in day out!

She's done OK today, mostly watching me n methods and having the odd go. Then getting some inspiration from my customers gardens so in the end I've somehow got more work to do in our garden now 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2018, 05:42:00 pm »

Home schooling isn't the same as formal schooling 8:30 - 3pm Mon -, Fri!   
My littlest goes to a child minder n others go to their nannas for baking once a week etc. So she does get some free time haha 😂 I wouldn't like to be stuck with kids 24/7 either.   Going work is an holiday compared to looking after a young family day in day out!

She's done OK today, mostly watching me n methods and having the odd go. Then getting some inspiration from my customers gardens so in the end I've somehow got more work to do in our garden now 😂😂

My missus been working with me 4 years now and it works perfectly, so long as she knows who the boss is at work.
`
She's a proper grafter, just gets on with the work and never ever moans about anything . I do the windows she cant reach and she collects from the customers I dont like! She never feels ill, even when she is.

In todays day and age having a female worker has advantages, some old dears feel safer and some old men love to chat with her. I sometimes think I am invisible, which is great! The paranoid husband types dont mind the wife "having" a window cleaner if he knows his wife's there too.

She's the best worker I can think of and if I could have 10-20 I could give Lee Pryor a run for his money!