This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Royal Mail Door to Door
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:42:02 am »
The first day of our RM campaign started yesterday We've 12,000 going out this week, 11,000 in two weeks and the about 10,000 (not yet booked) two weeks after that. This week's inc VAT was about £900 + the cost of the leaflets. It's a simple flyer targeting regular customers. We've targeted outside of towns, so the codes surrounding Newbury for example where we've got regular deliverers. I'll let you know how we get on.

John Mart

Re: Royal Mail Door to Door
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 07:44:13 am »
Oh, and one of the vans "blew up" yesterday so not great timing.  ???

Phil J

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:07 am »
Good luck John
Hope the phone starts ringing!

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 07:52:58 am »
I'm interested to see your results.

I'm glad you posted this as its something I have been considering, I know the price now too. Cheers.

What % return are you expecting?

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 07:57:20 am »

I'm glad you posted this as its something I have been considering, I know the price now too. Cheers.

Honestly I don’t know. The way it works is that they get delivered over the 5 days, so far we’ve got 5. The interesting thing is that they will be going to houses that never get leaflets from us as they are too remote to be worth delivering to. One of the 5 is that type and is priced at £48 8 weekly.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 08:02:53 am »
Sounds good and I like the design apart from the first line we clean you neighbours windows. I hate that line on leaflets that come through my door. Not a big deal at the end of the day but for the most part it's an un true statement isn't it. I think this is a good leaflet to deliver while cleaning each day but a large campaign I would change that.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 08:08:00 am »

Campaign like this will take 6 months to deliver its results.

Let's say your going to get 50 customers in total. The first 25 will come in over the first 2 weeks then a slow drip will follow over several months.

If you get more than 3 per 1000 your doing well
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

John Mart

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 08:13:49 am »
Sounds good and I like the design apart from the first line we clean you neighbours windows. I hate that line on leaflets that come through my door. Not a big deal at the end of the day but for the most part it's an un true statement isn't it. I think this is a good leaflet to deliver while cleaning each day but a large campaign I would change that.
I had given that thought. It depends how you define neighbour I guess. I have another "before and after" design but I'm really only after regulars so I decided to go with it. I decided also that it would stand out alongside the other four leaflets likely to be delivered with it. 50 is about what I'd classically expect, however what sets it apart is the remoteness of the properties I'll be reaching. Houses that won't have been canvassed or leafleted by competitors. Only Royal Mail deliver to these houses.

Tom-01

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 12:30:02 pm »
Hi Steve

It will be interesting to see your results. Do they get delivered with other leaflets with Royal Mail?

Do you price over the phone when they call or do you go out to quote?

Tom

John Mart

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 02:06:24 pm »
Hi Steve

It will be interesting to see your results. Do they get delivered with other leaflets with Royal Mail?

Do you price over the phone when they call or do you go out to quote?

Tom
Yes, with other leaflets. Up to 5 I believe. I quote almost exclusively over the phone with Streetview/Rightmove.

8 customers to date.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 03:15:41 pm »
Steve's company does clean the prospective customer's neighbours' windows. He doesn't say next door neighbours or immediate neighbours.
It's a game of three halves!

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 03:31:49 pm »
Steve's company does clean the prospective customer's neighbours' windows. He doesn't say next door neighbours or immediate neighbours.
That's quite correct. I worded it carefully but I accept people will misread it.

Incidentally, 16 so far this week, but only 8 from Royal Mail to date. We've about 1,500-2,000 going out a week besides RM.

Scrimble

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 07:59:48 pm »
16 of what? confirmed regular customers or 16 quotes?

John Mart

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 09:38:32 pm »
Confirmed regular customers. Actually it’s 19 now. 10 from Royal Mail.

John Mart

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 06:36:15 pm »
Confirmed regular customers. Actually it’s 19 now. 10 from Royal Mail.
Just to update. 16 up to now from Royal Mail. Lee's figures look to be spot on - heading for about 25 from week 1. From all sources though, it's the best week ever already with 36 new customers signed up for a regular service. I turned down a couple including one £60 per clean (£90 first) one because he wouldn't give me the gate code. It was remote too, so I wasn't taking the chance.

james peters

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:06 pm »
hi john
great thread this is . very encouraging , can I ask ... how did you choose with royal mail the types of properties or post codes you needed to target ?
I am contemplating hitting a town the same way , but would want to avoid estates that I would rather not visit..

John Mart

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 07:43:20 pm »
hi john
great thread this is . very encouraging , can I ask ... how did you choose with royal mail the types of properties or post codes you needed to target ?
I am contemplating hitting a town the same way , but would want to avoid estates that I would rather not visit..
You can’t fine tune to that level. You can go RG14 6 and no further. That means you can’t pick and choose streets. It’s still early days on the Royal Mail mailing. I ballsed up the next one the week after next as I missed the bit in the email telling me to pay.  >:(   Its deferred to about 20th June week and we’ll have the final one the week after.

I’m slightly handicapped because the turbo on van 3 broke on Monday and it’s in the garage awaiting work. I’ll chase them tomorrow. But I’ll focus on getting the first cleans done and let the existing slip a little.

John Mart

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 03:30:14 pm »
Just to update, the last two days have been very quiet after the initial madness. So far we're on 20 from the RM mailshot and 40 in total for the week. Sounds daft, but I suspect the change is due to the weather. It's been raining the last two days.

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 03:38:03 pm »
Just to update, the last two days have been very quiet after the initial madness. So far we're on 20 from the RM mailshot and 40 in total for the week. Sounds daft, but I suspect the change is due to the weather. It's been raining the last two days.

Nope. Weathers got nothing to do with it. Ive put out a Royal Mail drop this week as well in your area, Ive had 95 calls and secured every single job, including extortionately charged extras, like sex, voyeurism and even the odd conservatory roof clean.

John Mart

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 03:58:32 pm »

Nope. Weathers got nothing to do with it. Ive put out a Royal Mail drop this week as well in your area, Ive had 95 calls and secured every single job, including extortionately charged extras, like sex, voyeurism and even the odd conservatory roof clean.
Someone called earlier enquiring about my conservatory roof cleaning service and seemed irked that I wasn't interested in doing his as he isn't a customer.