This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Walter Mitty

Re: Outstanding Payments
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 07:50:46 am »
It hit about 75/80% of monthly turnover recently, but that was mainly down to three jobs being very slow to pay.  That is now beginning to trickle in. Normally it's floating around between 10% and 25%.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 08:20:23 am »
I was owed a total of £200 from the week before last, I have had 60 of it paid, that leaves 1 commercial at 80, 1 comm at 45,2 domestic at 10 each.For all commercial work, I send invoices too, I state at the bottom of each  , payment required within 14 days. Never mind the common 30 day grace, I'm a one man outfit, and can't wait for that long to be paid, I still have ads going out each week. I find its usually the companies with huge turnover are the ones you wait for. bet they wouldn't like to wait 30 days for their wages .

some work i dont get paid for 3 months but its only smallish domestic work(i let it roll to 3 cleans for some 4 weekly work),i send text reminders for some higher paying jobs if ive not received payment within 14 days and that normally does the trick,i do a bit of collecting,get a few cheques in the post still.....it varies.....i also have some commercial that usually pay within 28 days...

ive also got BACS payments trickling into my account virtually every day of the year,cash and cheques on the day of clean when im out and about,standing order payments too.its a constant stream of payments from various different sources....

even when im on holiday im still getting payments trickling into my account from work cleaned a few weeks ago etc.....

once you ve got your finances sorted and money behind you,debt just becomes part and parcel of running a window cleaning business...
price higher/work harder!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 11:07:53 am »
Thanks for all comments, just glad it wasn't me as the only one who is outstanding from customers.  I will try to improve my debt list but right at this moment i dont want to threaten GoCardless or GoHome to my customers!  Rather have slow payers than no payers.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 07:58:55 pm »
my current debt list stands at £1045-00........

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 08:20:40 pm »
My debt list is currently at .....£220 commercial (done today)
                                                                 £64 domestic .

The £64 are those same old offenders every month , not bothered as its so low , and it will come in at some point  :D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

deeege

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 08:46:59 pm »
Being mainly commercial my debt list can get quite large. Some accounts are 60 days so it soon adds up. £10k+ isn’t unusual, currrently stands around £7200.

Domestics I rarely get above £300 owed.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:15 am »
down to £782-00 now....£263 paid this morning.... :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 05:21:43 pm »
42%  of my current average monthly turnover at the moment.

A third of the "debt" is made up of commercials that pay on 30 days. Some of it is will have been domestic work done in the last two or three days.
It's a game of three halves!