Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Squeaky Clean Dave

Is soft washing a good add on for window cleaner s
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:03:02 pm »
Hi guys. Only just started using the forum so I hope this is ok.
I have always wondered what all this soft washing is about so I went out on a little job and filmed it
Hope this is interesting to anyone else who wants to know what it’s all about.
https://youtu.be/3fynl2kx8Ew

John Mart

Re: Is soft washing a good add on for window cleaner s
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:25:08 pm »
I watched all of that. How sad am I? Quite interesting.  :-[

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 05:34:01 pm »
Been doing a lot of it lately.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 07:26:22 pm »
The only bit i would have changed, would be to use the pressure washer first on block drives which eliminates most of the dirt etc first so your not wasting the hypo (though on other blocks, soft washing doesnt need the aid of a pressure washer) and then apply but use a suffactant to help it sit better.
On the drive and it could be just the angle of the camera but perhaps a 2nd coat would have finished it slightly better.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 07:34:35 pm »
Sorry, just an excuse to post this
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 08:02:26 pm »
I just pressure washed my own driveway - what a pain in the @ss that is . Engine oil stains on the drive , poured a bottle of cheep coke on it and scrubbed- no joy. Sprayed wd40 on it , let it soak and then scrubbed with boiling hot water - no joy. Then sprayed oven cleaner on it and scrubbed- no joy , engine oil still there . So got me karcher out and just pressure washed it . So glad I only have to do this once a year 😅

zesty

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:44:01 pm »
Softwashing is brilliant, but why did you feel the need to sodtwash the block paving? Pressure washing it would have been sufficient on its own? I’ve never needed to softwash block paving  ???

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 10:30:24 pm »
I did a PW/SW job yesterday. Pressure washed first then soft after. The difference in applying hypo last was quite incredible compared to applying it first. Wish I’d taken some before and after pics.

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 10:45:57 pm »
Personally think he’s making hard work of that spray with hypo if needed pressure wash with fsc rinse job done why is he using hypo scrubbing with a broom , fsc then turbo ????? We would be half way through the next job buy the time he has finished

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »
Good video,

And if you want to nit pick then we could do 10 or more points on ratio, legality etc...

But I agree why apply all that hypo to then turbo the drive spaying the chems all over the place - clean it first then a mix of 1 to 2 % could have been used ( safer and more economic ) than that method

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 12:50:04 am »

Nate, you've changed the angle on your last picture.
I'm sure it's the same job but to others it might lead to a few inquisitive inquiries.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 12:40:44 pm »

Nate, you've changed the angle on your last picture.
I'm sure it's the same job but to others it might lead to a few inquisitive inquiries.

Your probably right. I should have checked where i stood when i took the previous photos, but i was in a hurry to get home as it was a bank holiday n wanted to get outfor rest of the day
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk