Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonycarr

need to quote.....how much?
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:53:02 pm »
hi everyone......clean the windows here once a month, now the have asked me if i`d like to quote all the exterior cladding. as per the image everything between the 2 downpipes including the shutter.

how would you go about cleaning?  im thinking just to WFP it? 

more importantly how much would you charge

tony

T & J Window Cleaning services

dazmond

Re: need to quote.....how much?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 02:40:34 pm »
£250?your not going to be going anywhere else once you ve cleaned that as you ll have no water left(500L tank)4-5 hours work tops....

id use hot WFP and virosol(applied using a backpack)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 03:19:38 pm »
Im doncaster based.
South yorkshire.
Ive quoted this regular 4wkly customer of mine £200  to clean the front of his home (the pale yellow one).  Photo taken from google earth, its more dirtier than the picture shows.
So thats a residential house on a  busy main road at £200 and your cleaning a commercial business which seems a whole lot bigger and you will need to section if off from the public depending foot traffic etc.
Do you have access to an additional water source that would allow for a quicker rinse rather than van mount?

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 04:08:21 pm »
around £800 possibly more, normal  tap water with some chemical to suit, can't really tell from the pic how bad it is. Will certainly use a hell of a lot more than 500lt. Do it when its closed and no cars about.
Looks like the one down the road from me  ;D

andyM

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 04:16:24 pm »
I wouldn't expect to clean that during their opening hours as customers and staff will be coming and going all day long.
So price it well!
One of the Plebs

tonycarr

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 05:05:05 pm »
your right,  i wouldn`t   be able to do during business hours, there business hours are 7.30 until 5pm so not many daylight hours before or after. they close at noon on a saturday so thats probably the best time to clean.

no access to water on site. but carry 700ltrs when full, i think that may be enough, but just in case i could rope my brother in law in, he carries  1000ltrs

price wise im somewhere in between that mentioned, was actually thinking around the £500 - £600 mark

not really bothered if i dont get it as iv got plenty of upvc g/f/s conny roofs etc booked in.  may just go in high and if i get it then its a bonus.
around £800 possibly more, normal  tap water with some chemical to suit, can't really tell from the pic how bad it is. Will certainly use a hell of a lot more than 500lt. Do it when its closed and no cars about.

hey P1W1..... if your close by,  and i get it could just sub it out to you £125  ;D ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 09:49:30 pm »
hi everyone......clean the windows here once a month, now the have asked me if i`d like to quote all the exterior cladding. as per the image everything between the 2 downpipes including the shutter.

how would you go about cleaning?  im thinking just to WFP it? 

more importantly how much would you charge

tony

£250 -£300 take about 2.5 hours spray with virosol mix 10-1 wfp will come up a treat we did this the other week took just over the hour

alank

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 10:55:12 pm »
Good pics good job done  ;D

premier window cleaners

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 08:11:35 am »
Softwash it

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 09:56:11 am »
your right,  i wouldn`t   be able to do during business hours, there business hours are 7.30 until 5pm so not many daylight hours before or after. they close at noon on a saturday so thats probably the best time to clean.

no access to water on site. but carry 700ltrs when full, i think that may be enough, but just in case i could rope my brother in law in, he carries  1000ltrs

price wise im somewhere in between that mentioned, was actually thinking around the £500 - £600 mark

not really bothered if i dont get it as iv got plenty of upvc g/f/s conny roofs etc booked in.  may just go in high and if i get it then its a bonus.

hey P1W1..... if your close by,  and i get it could just sub it out to you £125  ;D ;D
It's ok now I've seen what you'll charge I'm gonna pop a lower quote in  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 08:13:12 am »
Saturday afternoon s work.you won't need more than 4 or 5 hours and 500L of water IMO......If the place shuts at 1pm you'll be done for 5pm-6pm.....

This is where very hot water can help speed up the job.....in fact you might be able to clean it in less time as it's straightforward enough....

If you get the job let us all know how long it took you from pulling up to driving off..... ;)

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 08:28:41 am »
Saturday afternoon s work.you won't need more than 4 or 5 hours and 500L of water IMO......If the place shuts at 1pm you'll be done for 5pm-6pm.....

This is where very hot water can help speed up the job.....in fact you might be able to clean it in less time as it's straightforward enough....

If you get the job let us all know how long it took you from pulling up to driving off..... ;)

I was thinking the same, 500 Ltrs , one afternoon. Doesn’t look difficult but then again Iv never done anything like that so I could be wrong

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 08:32:57 am »
It could even be a 3 hour job if he pulls his finger out.....

tonycarr

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 09:58:29 am »
going to email them a quote today, so they'll have it by start of business tomorrow. will keep you updated

zesty

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 11:46:26 am »
I would softwash it, mich much easier and far quicker.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 12:03:27 pm »
I know it's really difficult to guess how a long a job will take and price accordingly.

But I reckon maybe 4 hours?

£800 really?

I'd probably price it at £250. Allowing a day