This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Re: Ok.... so i am doing it tonight.
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 08:18:40 pm »
It works well because you dont have a full round if you had 5 full days every week then it wouldn't work so well. And it certainly won't work well when you have your employee working to those exact dates.
Each to their own.

Marc Stock

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2018, 08:24:06 pm »
There was a time when i did have 5 full days a week. And it worked then.

Dane

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2018, 08:24:43 pm »
I totally respect if it works for you Marc and I’m not going to question it but it wouldn’t work for me.... I just think it’s tying into something where anything could happen such as van breaking, family issues etc etc.. as I say always, each to their own and good luck mate

Mick Kent

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »
Marc just join some local facebook groups and put posts up on those.
You will be surprised on how many customers you could gain.
I’m always against leafletting and social media as always felt that the personal touch of canvassing was the king but since putting a post up on a page with 36k members on it took just 5 days to gain over 200 customers all in the same postcode, then whilst on first cleans i was canvassing the neighbours and opposites  of the customers i gained through facebook, 2 weeks later i had another full round. Yes i have had messers and many 1 off types and need to tweek it here and there but the end result is i have another 60k a year coming in all from what started as a simple facebook add.
You cant get those numbers from leafletting or canvassing unless you do it on a massive scale which adds massive costs.
This for me cost a few mins typing the post on a facebook group. I had 1 of my guys doing the first cleans as i canvassed the neighbours where we were cleaning so the canvassing cost nothing but 2 weeks of my time which i was being paid for by the first cleans being done.

Don't underestimate the power of facebook. It has huge potential.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2018, 12:31:02 pm »
I’m always against leafletting and social media as always felt that the personal touch of canvassing was the king but since putting a post up on a page with 36k members on it took just 5 days to gain over 200 customers all in the same postcode, then whilst on first cleans i was canvassing the neighbours and opposites  of the customers i gained through facebook, 2 weeks later i had another full round. Yes i have had messers and many 1 off types and need to tweek it here and there but the end result is i have another 60k a year coming in all from what started as a simple facebook add.
You cant get those numbers from leafletting or canvassing unless you do it on a massive scale which adds massive costs.
This for me cost a few mins typing the post on a facebook group. I had 1 of my guys doing the first cleans as i canvassed the neighbours where we were cleaning so the canvassing cost nothing but 2 weeks of my time which i was being paid for by the first cleans being done.

This is extreamly impressive!

How did you do 200 quotes in 5 days?  Our best was 157 over 5 days. 94 this week.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Mick Kent

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2018, 01:19:48 pm »
It was more than 200 in 5 days ;-)
All were priced through messenger sending me a photo or explaining house type. A few guys from the forum who i got some bits from saw my inbox where i showed them all the randoms.
Facebook truely is the way forward with stepping stones.

Stoots

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2018, 02:35:46 pm »

You posted one post on a Facebook group and got 200 customers in 5 days.

I've posted to much bigger audiences much more frequently and run big advert campaigns.

That's a load of rubbish what you have just posted Mick.

Either that or you live in an area with zero shiners.

If that's the case don't think it can be easily replacated everywhere .

Yes Facebook is a good tool but to tell everyone they just need to post in a Facebook group once and get 60k of work is beyond ridiculous.

Mick Kent

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:10 pm »

I've posted to much bigger audiences much more frequently and run big advert campaigns.

That's a load of rubbish what you have just posted Mick.

Either that or you live in an area with zero shiners.

If that's the case don't think it can be easily replacated everywhere .

Yes Facebook is a good tool but to tell everyone they just need to post in a Facebook group once and get 60k of work is beyond ridiculous.
I dont lie!
I have no reason too.
I didnt say thays what you need to do! I just said what i did.
A few can confirm if they see this post my big hit through fb where i showed them as i was shocked to have gained so many myself.
Just because you havnt had a good hit rate doesnt mean someone else cant have 1.
 ;)

Mick Kent

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 02:55:30 pm »
Also just to addd it was more than 200 customers. It built me a full round since easter weekend.

Stoots

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 03:55:10 pm »
Sorry Mick I didn't mean to sound so harsh

But those figures are just totally unbelievable.

Mind you I can't believe you get £10 for a terraced front either....

Must have landed upon a postcode where there is no competition.

I have and do get decent hit rates, I think it's better than leafletting or canvassing however my idea of good and yours is miles apart .

Missing Link

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2018, 04:12:17 pm »
Good luck Marc , dont forget there is more to life than money .   ;)

My father said the best things in life are hairy (he was obviously a product of the 1970s).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2018, 04:15:56 pm »

I've seen window cleaners advertise in local buying and selling faceache groups.

Quite often many of the replies aren't from the type of customers I really want.

"r u cheep?"

"How much 4 a house?"

You get the idea.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Stoots

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 08:24:19 pm »

I've seen window cleaners advertise in local buying and selling faceache groups.

Quite often many of the replies aren't from the type of customers I really want.

"r u cheep?"

"How much 4 a house?"

You get the idea.

Exactly.

Not too difficult to enquires of this type, but to get decent customers from it takes a bit more patience.

"how much for a house" is a classic  :D and its quite common

Marc Stock

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2018, 10:15:01 pm »
Nope im not interested in facebook. Can't stand it, and being a sufferer of mental health in the past, im staying away.

I do understand that you can grow really quickly, but at the moment i am doing specifically targeted round building to bring my existing rounds up to a level so i can get an employee running, and still be able to  pay him and me and the missus, for when i enter my push to 80k

I am focusing on getting every round to at least £350 bare min per round per working day, when he works.

A few are on the £400 mark many are on the £350 mark i have some rounds only on £200 and there is one round in that only brings in £140 which is a drossy round of a couple of jobs that takes a couple of hours and im done for the day.

When i take on my employee, every day he works needs to at least bring in £350, id want to exceed this of course and a £375 £400 round value per day is what i need when he is on the payroll time to make this work for itself.

Having said that the engineering business has surged recently, so..

Dane

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:15 am »
I like you Marc aren’t a Facebook fanatic BUT after a post on here by someone before I decided to set one up last week, going to see how it goes for a few months and take it from there

Slacky

Re: Ok.... so i am doing it tonight. New
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2018, 11:43:33 am »
I’ll be interested to see how a newbie on the pole is going to chuck out £350 a day whilst maintaining your customer notifications schedule of next visit date.