This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: trad man/pole man?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 11:29:15 am »
If you notice  luke  the window cleaner only uses the moreman on the top windows on a pole imo this is for lack of deataling needed at height,,on the reachable windows they always use a Splus or a standard channel. Tradman and Polznblaze May have less detailing but as far as speed goes they are no quicker than an experienced tradder even if a few sides need to be scrimmed etc,I have gone back and back again to the moreman tools and like I say although you don’t need to detail the edges you get lots of turn marks although they aren’t visable in certain lights. The rubber being forced into the corner is a trade off and the trade off is turn marks on the glass.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 08:03:12 pm »
Can tell from the video his wfp technique is very noob like.

Nope.

No no sorry, I want asking if you agree. I was stating what I saw.

First of all he cleans already clean top frames with vents, which was unessacary he then return to clean over the same vent he started with, spens too long scrubbing the frames and the glass then too much rinsing.

He was over cleaning, which imo is a noob trait. I'm sure we all did it to start with but over time with experience most of us will realise a lot of that was just wasting time.

I'm stating, categorically, with 100% certainty, that he is in no way a noob. He's as experienced as any of you.

I didn't say he was a noob, I said his technique with the wfp was very noob like
and i explained why above.

He was overcleaning which imo is a trait of an inexperienced wfp user. If indeed he has lots of experience then he needs to stop fannying around with trad and learn how to utilise the wfp better as if he can clean almost as quick trad then he is doing something wrong with the wfp.

i think he was WFPOLING that job as a dirty first clean adam and NOT a regular maintenance clean........
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 05:09:27 pm »
If that was a dirty first clean then he was way under doing it!

He cant win either way.

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22:27 pm »
Can tell from the video his wfp technique is very noob like.

Nope.

No no sorry, I want asking if you agree. I was stating what I saw.

First of all he cleans already clean top frames with vents, which was unessacary he then return to clean over the same vent he started with, spens too long scrubbing the frames and the glass then too much rinsing.

He was over cleaning, which imo is a noob trait. I'm sure we all did it to start with but over time with experience most of us will realise a lot of that was just wasting time.

I'm stating, categorically, with 100% certainty, that he is in no way a noob. He's as experienced as any of you.

I didn't say he was a noob, I said his technique with the wfp was very noob like
and i explained why above.

He was overcleaning which imo is a trait of an inexperienced wfp user. If indeed he has lots of experience then he needs to stop fannying around with trad and learn how to utilise the wfp better as if he can clean almost as quick trad then he is doing something wrong with the wfp.

i think he was WFPOLING that job as a dirty first clean adam and NOT a regular maintenance clean........

Then he undercleaned it  :-[

if he can clean first cleans that quick with a quick waft of the top frame then he is a genius.

Soupy

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 05:24:10 pm »
At the end of the day these videos are serving a purpose [you'd like to think].

It bodes well to bear that fact to mind when considering the 'outcome'.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 06:49:41 pm »
Interesting video and even more interesting is the different viewpoints on how fast you can clean with WFP.
I think he was cleaning them very nicely and WILL have or build a very nice business with very loyal customers. I bet he has a very high customer retention rate.
I bet he advertises that he cleans all the frames every time he calls, not just when he thinks they are getting dirty.
I like it, and, would recommend that any newbies reading this thread to watch the video and use as a reference for good practice.

paul alan

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 07:59:34 pm »
Interesting video and even more interesting is the different viewpoints on how fast you can clean with WFP.
I think he was cleaning them very nicely and WILL have or build a very nice business with very loyal customers. I bet he has a very high customer retention rate.
I bet he advertises that he cleans all the frames every time he calls, not just when he thinks they are getting dirty.
I like it, and, would recommend that any newbies reading this thread to watch the video and use as a reference for good practice.

Great for newbie's, I agree there.

I clean all the frames on every visit and have a great customer retention rate and also get a lot of work from recommendations.

When I do a first clean I spend a lot longer than that, when doing a maintenance I spend less than that.

I am not going to say I've never had a complaint because it wouldn't be true, but they are very rare and I cant even remember the last one.

paul alan

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 08:01:28 pm »
At the end of the day these videos are serving a purpose [you'd like to think].

It bodes well to bear that fact to mind when considering the 'outcome'.

The prupose this video is serving for me at least, is to show that there is not much difference between trad and pole.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 09:21:51 pm »
We clean in a very similar way to the guy in the video on 4 weekly cleans. We find a lot of customers like our way of cleaning as opsed to ‘quick’ cleaners in our area. This is  my opinion and our customers (we gather info on why a new customer is using us) I’m not suggesting  this way is right or wrong, but have found by cleaning this way, the business has gone from strength to strength.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 09:52:25 pm »
What i dont like is how indirectly and directly he is saying that quality suffers with speed. I however disagree.    Using his tools as a basis, if someone was using a mop in one hand and a squeegee in the other. Or they used a bucket on the belt and drew out the mop first and then when finished put the mop down and then drew out the squeegee!  How much slower would they be compared to someone using a wagtail for instance.
Or on wfp, i found a 14 inch brush with six jets and hot water quicker than a standard size brush and two jets. Or even a bissell spray bar on a 12inch brush compared to 2 jets on the same brush.

In both scenarios one will be quite quicker than the other. With trad mans thinking or portrayal he would say that the quicker person has sacrificed quality for speed and if this argument fails he woukd say its poorly priced.

So on this video i disagree. I like trad man and im a subscriber 😂😂  you can even read this discussion in the comments.
But I also owe an apology as I think its spurred this next video
https://youtu.be/84-bSCaepPw
I can only apologies
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 07:40:06 am »
This trad man guy really gets on my wick, he's tilting a lance at anyone that says they can do a good job quickly.

I do detail the windows and frames on a first clean, you dont have to do that on all cleans there-after.

We all have different ways of doing things but to say "I" am better than "you" (which is where this is going is just plain annoying)

If he wants to over clean his maintenance work/under clean his first cleans that's fine with me, just get off your high horse and put the lance down.

Shrek

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 07:46:10 am »
...put some trousers 👖 on too  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 10:47:30 am »
Im cleaning my mates house this week and ive got his permission to base my next vid on his house, a small three bed semi.
Im confident on both tools for cleaning and will show it as a maintenance clean. I am interested to know the actual difference, though this can vary depending on user and equipment being used (which i will stress on my vid)
This vegan diet has seen me loose quite a bit of weight so ill be quicker on my feet as well 😂😂😁
Though not sure if to wear a kilt or not, might make you quicker as your a little more freerer down there   ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 10:56:39 am »
Im cleaning my mates house this week and ive got his permission to base my next vid on his house, a small three bed semi.
Im confident on both tools for cleaning and will show it as a maintenance clean. I am interested to know the actual difference, though this can vary depending on user and equipment being used (which i will stress on my vid)
This vegan diet has seen me loose quite a bit of weight so ill be quicker on my feet as well 😂😂😁
Though not sure if to wear a kilt or not, might make you quicker as your a little more freerer down there   ;D

I’m Disappointed.

Carverys don’t cater for vegans. How you gonna cope!  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 11:19:15 am »
Haha, it was a shock to the system  ;D ;D

But swapped for olives, sun dried tomatoes n falafels and whats worse i actually enjoy the swap
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 02:53:12 pm »
What i dont like is how indirectly and directly he is saying that quality suffers with speed. I however disagree.    Using his tools as a basis, if someone was using a mop in one hand and a squeegee in the other. Or they used a bucket on the belt and drew out the mop first and then when finished put the mop down and then drew out the squeegee!  How much slower would they be compared to someone using a wagtail for instance.
Or on wfp, i found a 14 inch brush with six jets and hot water quicker than a standard size brush and two jets. Or even a bissell spray bar on a 12inch brush compared to 2 jets on the same brush.

In both scenarios one will be quite quicker than the other. With trad mans thinking or portrayal he would say that the quicker person has sacrificed quality for speed and if this argument fails he woukd say its poorly priced.

So on this video i disagree. I like trad man and im a subscriber 😂😂  you can even read this discussion in the comments.
But I also owe an apology as I think its spurred this next video
https://youtu.be/84-bSCaepPw
I can only apologies

What an absolute load of ball cocks that video is "window detailer" my eye!

That's what we've all been doing for years whilst trad man was still playing with a squeegee on a pole, now all of a sudden he has bought himself a pole and he's the self appointed leading authority on wfp and we're all "bucket bobs" the cheeky little haggis muncher.

And i suppose he's charging more for his window "detailing" which is just a conmans first clean, what will he call himself on the maintenance cleans when all the "detailing " has been done on the first and is no longer required?

We'll add another catagory to this shall we? how about glass cleaner? cos that waht he was when showing us all videos of how to clean upstairs windows witha suqeegee on a pole without cleaning any frame at all.

Go back to making videos about squeegee's trad man, your no better than anyone else with the wfp.

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 08:52:15 am »
I would have to agree with a lot of those sentiments.

Some people really like to over complicate things.

Window “detailing” is just what we’ve all been calling a “construction” clean, or builders clean/ initial clean.

Take off paint, render,  labels etc.

That’s the only time it’s necessary to get eye level and hands on with a window. After that it’s all just maintenance and cleaning a small amount of dust and the odd birds mess/snail trail.

If they are still charging “detailing” prices on the third and fourth clean then they are gonna be quids in for sure. An initial deep clean should be 3 or 4 times the price of a maintenance clean.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 06:03:30 pm »
im mainly a fast "splasher and dasher" maintenance window washer....with the occasional bit of trad work and add on UPVC/conny roof/solar panel cleaning jobs.... ;D

Missing Link

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 06:21:37 pm »
I 'splash n dash' too.  What's the point in over-kill?

I've had one complaint recently about being 'five minutes' and a lowering of standards, for a £20 job, which I thought was a cheek, since I normally have to badger this customer via facebook for payment, once I've rolled it over three cleans.

She's Russian, by the way.  Russians always seem a bit bolshie to me.

So I made sure I got paid, have been nothing but polite, and I'm not going back.  ;D

'Lowering of standards', the cheek of it, my standards are always low.  I don't want fussy customers.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 06:46:41 pm »
id never earn high hourly rates  if i spent time messing about with trad and over cleaning with WFP......

once you ve been cleaning with WFP for a few years and can afford better equipment(decent poles,hot water,bigger tanks etc)some work can be ridiculously quick to clean with a good finish to the windows........