This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Frankybadboy

Re: working bank holiday monday?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 07:23:41 pm »
nope i have a life thanks  :D ;)

hank jr

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 07:51:28 pm »
yep i m working.

sad arn't i.

Bungle

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 08:04:30 pm »
Normally i would be taking the bank holiday off. But im working both bank hols this month as i have 4 days of direct access motorcycle training to do end of May  ;D

You'll be wearing decent biking gear like Alpinestars one day. Got your knee down yet?
We look at them, they look through them.

s.w.c

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 09:03:22 pm »
I've never worked a bank holiday in 14 years and ain't gonna start now, bit like working on a Friday that's my day off every week and working Monday to Thursday give me a long weekend every week, there's more to life than work work, if I could go carping every day and get paid then that's the perfect life for me, all work and no play makes me a agitated man, work hard Monday to thurs and play hard Fri Sat sunday.

alank

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 09:08:45 pm »
Long weekend for me fly fishing this morning allotment this afternoon chilling with a beer now after walking the dogs ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 09:42:57 pm »
well I'm up at silly o'clock in morning for some bunnies and general pest control , fishing at some point sat till Monday but depends on the two permissions I have for pest control might not get there till dark if it's a good shoot if not up hedding up A1 to Peterborough lake as fast as I can If bunnies or grey squirrels not play nice, my only concern is I got to take my big boy toys for a big dog fox so lake won't let me leave them lock safely in van so hope land owners have room in there safes for rem 223 and.22wmr an177hmr plus FAC air rifle scorpion se and a bsa r10 for close range around farm building, there the usal toys i take for pest control 223  177hmr both set up for night vision the22wmr is good long ish range for day bunnies fac scorpion is punks on squirrels and standard r10 is for the fethered and rats, I'm a man that as to have his toys, same in carping gear hand held gen1 night vision monocula is hand in fishing BeLeave it or not, so looks like a full playful weekend so after all done by Monday I shall take my so understanding Mrs out for dinner if I don't say out longer it's happens Mrs never looks happy when I roll up Wednesday I always so she needs a gold medal for putting up with my habits

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 10:15:06 pm »
nope i have a life thanks  :D ;)

Usually people that say that don't have much of a life really......just saying!😀
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2018, 10:17:58 pm »
well I'm up at silly o'clock in morning for some bunnies and general pest control , fishing at some point sat till Monday but depends on the two permissions I have for pest control might not get there till dark if it's a good shoot if not up hedding up A1 to Peterborough lake as fast as I can If bunnies or grey squirrels not play nice, my only concern is I got to take my big boy toys for a big dog fox so lake won't let me leave them lock safely in van so hope land owners have room in there safes for rem 223 and.22wmr an177hmr plus FAC air rifle scorpion se and a bsa r10 for close range around farm building, there the usal toys i take for pest control 223  177hmr both set up for night vision the22wmr is good long ish range for day bunnies fac scorpion is punks on squirrels and standard r10 is for the fethered and rats, I'm a man that as to have his toys, same in carping gear hand held gen1 night vision monocula is hand in fishing BeLeave it or not, so looks like a full playful weekend so after all done by Monday I shall take my so understanding Mrs out for dinner if I don't say out longer it's happens Mrs never looks happy when I roll up Wednesday I always so she needs a gold medal for putting up with my habits

I tried google translate. Nothing.

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 09:53:05 am »
i am for the first time since prince william got married! ;D
That wasn't a traditional Bank Holiday, was it? It was on a Friday too.
I remember it well; we went for a walk with the little lad and we hadn't had him long.
I worked in the morning though because I had to pay for the Argos vouchers I got for William and Kate  >:(.
I'll probably be out Monday morning too because of enforced time off in the next couple of weeks. Life gets in the way of window cleaning sometimes.
But I'm like you, Daz; it doesn't really bother me. Getting to work's the problem, not getting time off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Marc Stock

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 10:54:10 am »
Normally i would be taking the bank holiday off. But im working both bank hols this month as i have 4 days of direct access motorcycle training to do end of May  ;D

You'll be wearing decent biking gear like Alpinestars one day. Got your knee down yet?

No not yet, a slightly large 38 year old on a chinese 125cc motorbike on cbt L plates  'getting his knee down ' isnt kinda the riding style i wish to inflict on the public right now.  ;D

For the record i wear RST gear which is decent gear. Alpinestars are for the gixxer hooligans who think they are setting a track record every time they pop to Tescos.

Im more interested in Touring, will be looking out for a gsx 650f or a sprint st1050.

I will also be interested in doing track days, and paying for track tuition and will buy a bike specificly for that purpose, prob a 10 year old Daytona 675 which i will take off the road and use for track only.

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2018, 10:58:36 am »
I remember it well; we went for a walk with the little lad and we hadn't had him long.
I worked in the morning though because I had to pay for the Argos vouchers I got for William and Kate  >:(.
I'll probably be out Monday morning too because of enforced time off in the next couple of weeks. Life gets in the way of window cleaning sometimes.
But I'm like you, Daz; it doesn't really bother me. Getting to work's the problem, not getting time off.
Bank holidays are not the same when your self employed, any day can be a bank holiday if you want it to. I would prefer to work bank holidays if i could,  as anywhere you want to go on a bank holiday is just overcrowded  on that day anyway i prefer to go when kids are at school and most of joe public at work.

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2018, 12:38:38 pm »

it was 7 YEARS AGO as well..........time does fly........

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 12:42:37 pm »
Bank holidays are not the same when your self employed, any day can be a bank holiday if you want it to. I would prefer to work bank holidays if i could,  as anywhere you want to go on a bank holiday is just overcrowded  on that day anyway i prefer to go when kids are at school and most of joe public at work.

exactly........we self employed can do what we want....... :)

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »
I can't think of anything worse than working a bank holiday cleaning residential windows.

Especially a hot one like this Monday.

Can you imagine loads of people will be at home,kids running round gardens splashing in pools and barbecues going on etc.

I would rather be skint  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »
I can't think of anything worse than working a bank holiday cleaning residential windows.

Can you imagine loads of people will be at home,kids running round gardens splashing in pools and barbecues going on etc.

im cleaning a block of housing association granny  flats adam then home....takes me around 3 hours(with coffee break too) 30+ flats..... ;).last time i worked a bank hol 7 years ago it was all commercial jobs....ill be done for 1230pm.....

p.s   im not skint.... ;D

Bungle

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2018, 05:32:27 pm »
I did a leisure centre this morning. Got there just after 7:00 and finished 3 hours later. I was going to do it bank holiday but thought feck it I'll get it out of the way. Doing residential on a hot sunny bank holiday seems a bit degrading imo.
We look at them, they look through them.

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2018, 06:59:05 pm »

Aye, good point. I might take all the schools' summer holidays off too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2018, 08:15:59 pm »

Crack on

zesty

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2018, 08:35:34 pm »

You also win the award for the longest sentence on earth

G Griffin

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »

Crack on
If I work and I give you some blank tapes can you record 'Why Don't You' and 'The Banana Splits' for me?
If you can I'm going to run the risk of a paddling pool accident if I don't miss said programmes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐