Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Hello
the guys WPS sound extremely confident they seem professional and all but what concerns me is a person who built rounds himself canvassing i know that a large cancellation rate exists i guess i was booking everything and anything which may have contributed to some degree..im aware they charge 3x but they're offering an extremely enthusiastic 4 clean guarantee. do the math and if that guarantee comes in its okay.

i would like to hear from some of the guys on the forum who may have used them how did you find it when you had cancellations?
when it comes to leaving an honest review about canvassers i found in the past people didn't want to always be truthful normally we get "nice guys" or "top man" which is great but those very people may have only used that particular canvasser once must have been a reason for that? other times people dont want to say anything if it helps email directly as alot of us will be intrested

but if it works what baffles me is the "big boys"who have extremely deep pockets im taking 5 10 15 vans a day working every day
we all know who they are plenty of them here why haven't they kept them hostage or perhaps they're content as they are or they're already using them..
anyway i know canvassing is problematic so looking for some very honest feedback how did you find it? would you use them again?

Go

Lost maybe 20% since September.
Too busy to chase up the lost cleans.

We’ll probably use them again.

Stoots

Not used wps but used a lot of canvassers and done it myself.

As you know canvassing is a throw mud at the wall and see what sticks exercise.

At least half of it will be gone in a few months, i don't care what company you use  canvassing is a lottery.

Smudger

Used canvasser for a period, worked pretty well but we did get some pretty dross customers that seemed to struggle to pay ( which can happen with any of us ) but the guy would walk a street ONLY looking for the dirtiest houses and wouldn't canvass a whole street just the few he felt he could sign up and certainly didn't do large houses with drives

as a way of generating new customers it worked but other forms of advertising started bringing in better work and much larger value without the outlay and hassle of the canvasser replacing any dropouts

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

Good posts thanks and regarding the one review their that is obviously very good only 20% since September are you charging 20 £25 for a house are those stick rates based on a decent amount?

I saw plenty of fantastic service can't wait to use all this sort of stuff but end of the day we window cleaners know who the hell is over the moon to do first cleans and say what a fantastic job haha it's not an easy job it's annoying and problematic

They are working for plenty of window cleaners at the moment so come on let's hear some more feedback it's really important for everyone to know before we all spend £1,500 £2,000 etc
Need some more realistic reviews want to hear how much you lost and how they dealt with cancellations that's the most important Factor
Only one so far has responded need to hear a lot more maybe those of you reading this who have used wasn't your cup of tea and you don't want to say anything or maybe it was too good that you want to keep it all to yourself lol come on

WPS GENERATION

Try Facebook groups there is lots on there that have used us.

Kind regards

Yan Whittaker
WPS GENERATION

Crystal-clear

Try Facebook groups there is lots on there that have used us.

Kind regards

Yan Whittaker
WPS GENERATION

Thanks for the heads up although I've been on the floor years and I'm kind of hoping someone from here will creep out! Will totally be able to gauge better considering I've seen them post over the years about other issues and probably about canvases in general that way if that person had a good experience or a reasonable experience it would be well noted

John Mart

I think you're right to ask here. There's a bit of a herd mentality on the FB groups plus there's a lot of newbies. Personally I think £75 per customer (if your average price is £25 as mine is) is very expensive. Although it may be quick, I'll bet the retention rate after 12 months is pretty low. If it's near 50% that's £150 per retained customer. I reckon there's much more cost effective methods of growing your business.

mark coates

I've used them twice.

First time I contacted Yan he asked how much work I wanted and I told him as much as he could get in a couple of days, he suggested we cap it at £1000 and I agreed because I thought they would be doing incredibly well to get anywhere near that where I live (Newcastle, Sunderland postcodes). As it turned out I was correct and they only managed to get a little under £300 in the 2 days, having said that it was quality work, most of which I'm still cleaning now a year on. I lost about 20% of the work but I would put that down more to those customers being wasters and avoiding paying at all costs rather than the canvassers getting bad work.

Before I had my cancellations regenerated by Yan and his team he contacted me about a special offer he was having where they were offering the work for 2.1 cleans, because of the good experience I had previously I signed them up for a further £3000 worth of work. The canvassers spent a couple of days per week over a number of weeks generating this work but it was not as good an experience as I had the first time around. We went out and cleaned a number of customers, who when we requested payment, told us they had never agreed to a window clean. This was particularly annoying as I had paid the guys 100% of the job price as initial cleans are particularly difficult to do.  A number of customers told me that the price they had been quoted was lower than the price I had been given. I contacted Yan and Harry about this, Harry told me they had been using some new canvassers who they had had problems with and Yan said there was a misunderstanding with the customers and they would regenerate the work lost. The regeneration would be fair enough but it was very annoying to spend so much wasted time on the initial cleans.

In the end Yan's team over generated by approximately £200, £80 of this covered the cancellations that I had from the first set of work I had canvassed. When I totaled up the cancellations from the second set of work canvassed it came to approximately £450 (I only counted work that had canvassed before 2 cleans as I only paid 2.1 cleans for the work). The over generation left me with £120 to come off that total of £450 but I am still waiting for the further £320 of work to be regenerated (I only sent back my cancellation list a week or so ago so its no fault of Yan that I'm still waiting for the work to be regenerated), and I'm very confident that they will honor this.

The way things stand now is that we're in a good routine with this work and happy with it despite the initial setbacks. I would use them again but I would be far more strict with any guarantee before I started doing the initial cleans.

Any questions feel free to ask. 

paul alan

Get out and knock for yourself, just as much chance of quality work if not better and costs nothing but time.

If a canvasser can get a better hit rate than you its only because they are better at talking people into something they dont really want which means higher down the line cancellations.

The only plus point I can see with a canvassing company is large numbers quickly, which may not be a good thing.

Crystal-clear

I've used them twice.

First time I contacted Yan he asked how much work I wanted and I told him as much as he could get in a couple of days, he suggested we cap it at £1000 and I agreed because I thought they would be doing incredibly well to get anywhere near that where I live (Newcastle, Sunderland postcodes). As it turned out I was correct and they only managed to get a little under £300 in the 2 days, having said that it was quality work, most of which I'm still cleaning now a year on. I lost about 20% of the work but I would put that down more to those customers being wasters and avoiding paying at all costs rather than the canvassers getting bad work.

Before I had my cancellations regenerated by Yan and his team he contacted me about a special offer he was having where they were offering the work for 2.1 cleans, because of the good experience I had previously I signed them up for a further £3000 worth of work. The canvassers spent a couple of days per week over a number of weeks generating this work but it was not as good an experience as I had the first time around. We went out and cleaned a number of customers, who when we requested payment, told us they had never agreed to a window clean. This was particularly annoying as I had paid the guys 100% of the job price as initial cleans are particularly difficult to do.  A number of customers told me that the price they had been quoted was lower than the price I had been given. I contacted Yan and Harry about this, Harry told me they had been using some new canvassers who they had had problems with and Yan said there was a misunderstanding with the customers and they would regenerate the work lost. The regeneration would be fair enough but it was very annoying to spend so much wasted time on the initial cleans.

In the end Yan's team over generated by approximately £200, £80 of this covered the cancellations that I had from the first set of work I had canvassed. When I totaled up the cancellations from the second set of work canvassed it came to approximately £450 (I only counted work that had canvassed before 2 cleans as I only paid 2.1 cleans for the work). The over generation left me with £120 to come off that total of £450 but I am still waiting for the further £320 of work to be regenerated (I only sent back my cancellation list a week or so ago so its no fault of Yan that I'm still waiting for the work to be regenerated), and I'm very confident that they will honor this.

The way things stand now is that we're in a good routine with this work and happy with it despite the initial setbacks. I would use them again but I would be far more strict with any guarantee before I started doing the initial cleans.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Ok this is what I call a genuine window cleaner not a group of herd mentality people as somebody stated nothing wrong with Facebook but you do just see a lot of people saying a lot of simple stuff like great fantastic really happy friendly isn't making sense to me this post of yours makes perfect sense and sounds very good and realistic because I know exactly how it works with canvassed work

So basically what's important here in your case is to keep us updated on how the guarantee is honoured it's extremely important that you receive exactly what they say  apparently if customers say it's a bad clean that's one way some used to get out of it
But they say if a customer says bad clean they will always say is it ok if the window cleaner goes back and if they say no then they will not take that as a cancellation which day will replace for you

What always baffled me especially in a case like yours in Newcastle and I know the area very well it's not easy now if you have £200 of cancellations are they really going to go on the train in incur costs and actually replace your customers? with genuine customers again that require a regular window cleaner I am aware that they look at it as a clean by Clean basis
What you have to look out for as well is being given a partial refund because end of the day you pay for a certain amount of work now if you get only £100 of work all that rigmarole isn't worth it you want your full £300 worth of work or whatever it is and you paid a lot of money and invested a lot of time understand sometimes a partial refund is the only way and at least you want to get your money back but in a ideal World considering the way they are marketing themselves I'm hoping they actually replace your work and you keep us updated
And by the way it's extremely good of you to come here and share your experience because a lot of people for some reason don't want to do that when it comes to sharing the experience with the canvassing company and it's important for everyone for  the canvassing company will become more popular because they will look more realistic and it will sort all doubt especially if your feedback is now really good for example if they came back and actually replaced all your jobs

Crystal-clear

Get out and knock for yourself, just as much chance of quality work if not better and costs nothing but time.

If a canvasser can get a better hit rate than you its only because they are better at talking people into something they dont really want which means higher down the line cancellations.

The only plus point I can see with a canvassing company is large numbers quickly, which may not be a good thing.
This is a good post but unfortunately sometimes people can't do it anymore in my case I have a bit of an injury to be honest sadly my walking for hours days are a little bit daunting
So if these guys are good and really give you a guarantee it might be worth it

John Mart

This is a good post but unfortunately sometimes people can't do it anymore in my case I have a bit of an injury to be honest sadly my walking for hours days are a little bit daunting
So if these guys are good and really give you a guarantee it might be worth it
Why not hire someone to knock or one of those leafleting companies?

Crystal-clear

I tried it before basically you can't pay an hourly rate because they walk around not trying to get anything whatsoever and if you are paying commission for example One clean which would be okay you really really really need to sell them the job and most of them just do a day it ends up being more hassle than What It's Worth talking to somebody people dropping people off it's not worth it

John Mart

I tried it before basically you can't pay an hourly rate because they walk around not trying to get anything whatsoever and if you are paying commission for example One clean which would be okay you really really really need to sell them the job and most of them just do a day it ends up being more hassle than What It's Worth talking to somebody people dropping people off it's not worth it
We've just had Wantage leafleted. It took 26 hours and we paid £9 per hour. Add the cost of about 4,000 leaflets and you have about £300. We have picked up to date 26 customers (she finished the town this weekend) so I'm sure we'll get more. That's about £11 a customer. I accept a canvasser would get you more, but at a huge price in comparison.

Mick Kent

Good posts thanks and regarding the one review their that is obviously very good only 20% since September are you charging 20 £25 for a house are those stick rates based on a decent amount?

I saw plenty of fantastic service can't wait to use all this sort of stuff but end of the day we window cleaners know who the hell is over the moon to do first cleans and say what a fantastic job haha it's not an easy job it's annoying and problematic

They are working for plenty of window cleaners at the moment so come on let's hear some more feedback it's really important for everyone to know before we all spend £1,500 £2,000 etc
Need some more realistic reviews want to hear how much you lost and how they dealt with cancellations that's the most important Factor
Only one so far has responded need to hear a lot more maybe those of you reading this who have used wasn't your cup of tea and you don't want to say anything or maybe it was too good that you want to keep it all to yourself lol come on

** Mod note :If you're interested in advertising contact advertising@cleanitup.co.uk **
We all know canvassed work dropouts happen around the 4/5 clean mark, we all know that it is what it is.. As long as canvasser is honest with customer and cleaner and the window cleaner does a good job and gains customer trust everyone is a winner.

Crystal-clear

Mate.. are you after some work?
Im still on the sidelines doing canvassing for local guys as well as building myself.
None of this x3/x4 i use the simple x2 formula  with the first clean guaranteed.
We all know canvassed work dropouts happen around the 4/5 clean mark, we all know that it is what it is.. As long as canvasser is honest with customer and cleaner and the window cleaner does a good job and gains customer trust everyone is a winner.

How can I contact you , this is the problem guarantees are problematic I can't see them being upheld personally but if these guys are able to uphold the guarantee and we have a lot of feedback from people who are actually confirming that then it's something that is interesting
But it needs to be a genuine guarantee where if you lose £400 of work they come back not replace them with other one offs

Crystal-clear

We've just had Wantage leafleted. It took 26 hours and we paid £9 per hour. Add the cost of about 4,000 leaflets and you have about £300. We have picked up to date 26 customers (she finished the town this weekend) so I'm sure we'll get more. That's about £11 a customer. I accept a canvasser would get you more, but at a huge price in comparison.
This is good too does this person cover Surrey

Mick Kent

** Mod note :If you're interested in advertising contact advertising@cleanitup.co.uk **

John Mart

This is good too does this person cover Surrey
We just place ads on Facebook. You do go through a lot of time wasters but if you persevere you end up with a couple of decent people. You could always try a Royal Mail delivery? Less hassle but delivered with the post and 4/5 other leaflets.

Mick’s offer seems a good one. I’m tempted myself except that my work is two monthly so canvassing would work out expensive.

yanwhittaker

Hi All,

Our guarantee is the thing that sets us apart from the rest. We price it in front end knowing we may have to return. seeing marks review is maybe a old version of us . we now use canvass +

CANVASS +
Our aim is to bring you what other canvassing companies have NOT.
New customers we pass to you will now be fully confirmed !
Once our door to door team have signed up a new customer we pass there details to our conformation team. 24hours after, the new customer will receive a call to check the following is correct :-
- Their address and post code
- The price we have given them and to stress that it is a monthly price and a regular 12 cleans a year
If any customer says that they don't want 12 cleans a year we just remove them or alter the price accordingly If you take 8 weekly jobs. If not we cancel them !!!
For example (If adjustment is needed)
The monthly price is £15 once a month
If they want to change it to 8 weekly
The new price given would be
£22.
Our aim this year is to provide you with a more reliable customer. "month in and month out customers"

You see my aim it to take back the reputation of the canvasser and make us the most reputable company out there. We wouldn't fulfil our goal by not sticking to our guarantee

We are fully transparent and we have a office base. We are not just a few lads on the end of a mobile number which most " canvassing companies" are.

As you maybe aware most canvassing companies promote they are " window cleaners " too. when if fact they are not !!! ive attached some pics just for proof that we are in actual fact real working window cleaners just like you. This is why we understand exactly how it works

Any further question about us please contact myself I will be more than happy to help 07511314793 or 01777 948420 (9am -5pm)

mark coates

Just to update.

Yan messaged me on Saturday to arrange a date to regenerate the lost work. He says he will call me on Monday when he gets back to the office to arrange a date in July I believe he said. So all is looking well with the lost work guarantee.

Mick Kent

Are all of his canvassers window cleaners?
I dont get how Yan can say all his canvassing around the country is done by window cleaners just because he has a window cleaning round. When i used to hit the doors with my teams(had 3 cars of 4 man teams) around the South East i was the only window cleaner out of us as i had to find my canvassers by advertising as my cleaners were my full time cleaners You cant put an add up saying window cleaners wanted for a canvassing job as you just wouldnt get any1! Well imo anyway.
If i asked any of my cleaners back in the day if they wanted to travel half way round the country to canvass as well as work on the glass  they would tell me where to go! Also all my cleaners would have to stop work for 1pm to leave to get on the road for a canvass hit to start for 5pm.
Maybe i read it wrong but im sure it said its safe to use them as they are all window cleaners! Something along those lines anyway.
That aside they do get good feedback from what i have seen so must be doing something right.