This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

Ionics static Zero RO system
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:09 pm »
Anyone have the above system?

If so is it reliable?

NWH

Re: Ionics static Zero RO system
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 04:03:33 pm »
Apparently it eats filters and resin like no tomorrow,I think I heard someone say they were buying at least 1 filter a month for it a while back. Funny you don’t here much about them anymore if they were to do what they say they do and we’re cheap to run we’d all want 1.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »
Ionics stuff is very good we have two of there van mounted systems with filtration the horizontal filters with resin in dont last long as it’s an inefficient way to pass water through the resin the newer systems with the filters mounted vertically are far better , we have changed over to resin vessel in stead of the ionics Di filter much better , I dont have any experience with there static filtration but the set up is pretty much the same as the van mount filtration

NWH

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 06:17:46 pm »
If you’ve changed do a separate DI at the end of the other filters it’s no longer an ionic system lol,this is what loads of people have done with them. It’s not uncommon for them to use a resin cartridge a month so I’ve heard around a 100 quids worth,they don’t hold near enough as much resin in them so they will be spent much quicker.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:33:22 pm »
If you’ve changed do a separate DI at the end of the other filters it’s no longer an ionic system lol,this is what loads of people have done with them. It’s not uncommon for them to use a resin cartridge a month so I’ve heard around a 100 quids worth,they don’t hold near enough as much resin in them so they will be spent much quicker.

It all depends what reading you have coming out of the ro where I live we have soft water so the cartridge would last around a year I found they exploded due to the plastic becoming fatigued before they stoped working so that’s why I changed over to a Di vessel they hold about 7 ltr of resin I believe ? Which isn’t a lot apart from that they are a good system although they are expensive to buy my oldest one is now 14 years old I have changed both pumps twice and ro once I would thoroughly recomend them especially as a second hand buy very good kit