This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: If you LEASE please be aware. Read This !!!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
My gut feel is that the vehicle market is taking a hammering on the back of either a slowing economy or an anti diesel drive by government  and councils or both.
If the return vehicle isn't worth its predicted value, then  they are going to find some way of recouping losses.

Its a repeat of what happened in 1999 when the 'Rip off Britian' campaign got into full swing and knocked thousands off the price of new vehicles. (A Citroen Xsara LX became a Forte with a £2000 price reduction. The mechanics had to go around each stock LX vehicle and change badges from LX to Forte. Any vehicle purchased by the finance houses before that lost a slice of value in the blink of an eye. It was the finances houses that lost out and boy, did they try every tactic in the book to make the customer pay on return vehicles.)

I'm not against leasing, but you need to be in control at the end of the lease. Try to get that balloon payment smaller by increasing your monthly rental and go for a personal lease purchase (PLP) that will allow you the own the vehicle once the final payment and transfer fee are paid.
Leasing is all about the new vehicle price, depreciation and the profit for the dealer/finance house.  How do they know how much a new Ford Courier is going to be valued at in 3 or 4 years time with 60,000 miles on the clock? They don't. They can only take an 'educated' guess on what the trend has been over the last couple of years and apply that. Its a gamble and when the finance house wins (the return vehicle is worth more than they projected) they are happy, but when its lower they aren't.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 04:22:36 pm »
i still find it hard to believe a professional company like vanarama would blatantly scratch/damage a vehicle on purpose to get you to pay for it esp as you already signed a document on first inspection of the vehicle when you handed it back....

.....something doesnt add up here........ ???

on topic my brand new GOLF GTD arrived at 915 this morning.its got 24 miles on the clock! ;D ;D taking the missus out in it for dinner.. 8) :) :)
price higher/work harder!

harv deek

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 06:33:48 pm »
IF  youve got proof there were no scratches or dents id take this all the way

start a campaign on facebook praps,  to find others whove been diddled the same [it wont be the 1st time]   then spend your weekends outside their HQ filming yourself holding a huge placard / banner and  get on film anyone else who happens to be there-post the diatribe online -  youre at the Hornets Nest  and youre poking it

youre not after a refund, oh no ,this has got your goat bigtime - you should be able to bring the company to its knees -and nothing less

😂😂 Brilliant Bobby. This place has missed you! 😂
Do you remember he used to spy on his staffwearing a disguise?   ;D ;D
   thats all in the past,a distant memory................no need to spy these days

tho i do Still have the elvis wig,,,,,happened to be looking at it only last week.   

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 07:27:35 pm »
i still find it hard to believe a professional company like vanarama would blatantly scratch/damage a vehicle on purpose to get you to pay for it esp as you already signed a document on first inspection of the vehicle when you handed it back....

on topic my brand new GOLF GTD arrived at 915 this morning.its got 24 miles on the clock! ;D ;D taking the missus out in it for dinner.. 8) :) :)
Taking her out for dinner in it are you , does she know its a Maccy D's drive through Happy meal yet , you must have spent all yer money by now mate  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 08:32:25 pm »
Ive just been quoted up on van i want - pre reg 67 plate

£222 pm month plus vat

£5999 plus vat balloon

total payable £22`776

These vans are going for £16995  plus vat, so thats £20`400 total  the interest on HP on a loan would work out more expensive than the lease. I know you dont own it but there are ways around it at the lease end. I think the figures are very competitive, you can always hand it back.

harv deek

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 08:46:40 pm »
might be worth looking into Irish spec  and buying over there.   i know someone who did just that with a toyota hilux  it was cheaper and more chrome trim/different wheels.   

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 09:02:30 pm »
LEASING VEHICLES =

Everyone smiling when you pick up the keys.

All frowns and tears when you hand them back.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 09:06:28 pm »
So there is a big price on being a willy waver  ;D

Man , that balloon alone is more than i paid for my van 5 years previous , crack on chaps , wave them willies  ;D ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 09:11:12 pm »
Its just window cleaning , not running the Queen about her engagments , I am lost for words  ???

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »
Its just window cleaning , not running the Queen about her engagments , I am lost for words  ???

If it was soley for work i wouldnt want a new van, but im after a double cab so it will double as a family wagon for days out/holidays etc, we also go camping quite a bit and i have 4 kids at the weekends!

On the work front it will be made into a 2 man setup

Work hard play hard mate   ;)

20k sounds a lot but its not really over 5 years, i dont buy myself much outside of paying the bills so why not

Don Kee

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 10:04:31 pm »

Taking her out for dinner in it are you , does she know its a Maccy D's drive through Happy meal yet , you must have spent all yer money by now mate  ;D

Yeah but he’ll be the fastest guy through that drive through though!
I mean being a VW it probably will fail its next emissions test, and an hour later a GTI will get its big mac twice as fast; but at least Daz will be comfy whilst he kills the planet.

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 12:33:51 am »

I wouldn't want to be driving about in a tiny van like yours for window cleaning that's for sure! ;D

There's more room in the old 'little rascal'vans!😀😀😀😀😀😀

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 12:42:04 am »

Yeah but he’ll be the fastest guy through that drive through though!
I mean being a VW it probably will fail its next emissions test, and an hour later a GTI will get its big mac twice as fast; but at least Daz will be comfy whilst he kills the planet.
;D ;D ;D

Emissions are not too bad on  these new GTDs....it's nearly as fast as the mk5 GTI I've just sold.its defo got a bit of poke...very impressive for a diesel....although I'm trying to drive it sensible  for the first 1000 miles to run the engine in..... 8)

Fillet steak,chips and peppercorn sauce at a nice village pub..... ;) never eat Macy d's these days mate....

harv deek

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 05:59:14 am »
i mentioned contacting the irish  , iv just remembered a conver i had online with a citroen dealer over there.  he was telling me how to open the rear hatch window on the latest berlingo car  ,theres a sortof hidden button .  thing is he was very helpful, im now thinking i might get him to supply me my next vehicle.  im writing this so i remember when i possibly re-read this thread ,months later,  to get in touch with him.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 03:27:11 am »
Gents Ive just handed a vehicle back to Vanarama after 4 years.

Ive been billed £58 for extra days hire. I was given incorrect date to return the van from them...!!!

£541 in damages

Billed £105 for only handing in one key, even though i handed over 2.  Ive got proof that I did.

Damages, dent to a door, wasn't there when I handed it over, and not on hand over sheet.

Stratches to internal drivers door, damage wasn't there when i handed it over. Ive got pictures to prove it.

Please gents dont let yourselves be ripped off by these companies.

Make sure you take pictures of every part of you van both inside and out, when you hand it over.

They have obviously damaged the van just so they can bill me. They have done it to the wrong person this time though, as im taking it up with a solicitor as its a fraudulent claim against me.

Dazzler

I reckon they've got your van mixed up with a different one....

Let us all know how you get on mate.....

Cheers

Plankton

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 09:24:29 pm »
Once you have taken out the contract you'll deal with lex auto lease etc not Vanarma as they are just the broker. So after sales is crap and if you want to use them again good luck getting what you actually want as they don't give a fu*k and after they've messed you about and you put a complaint in, the manager won't bother his arse contacting you.
Lex also charged me for a key but I got it back as had the paper work.