This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pete Thompson

So, I bought a hi-viz vest as I have a couple of jobs where I have to stand on main roads, and occasionally step off the pavement (into the road) for about 20 seconds to reach the odd window.

My usual work wear is black, so I thought it was probably sensible to get something bright so I didn’t get run over.

Well, normally I’m dodging idiot pedestrians who seem determined to get in my way. Not anymore! Every single one crossed the road to avoid getting in my way, a few of them apologising as they did it! 

Is there something official-looking about a guy in hi-viz that makes the public eager to co-operate?

I think I could have entirely closed the road and nobody would have batted an eyelid, let alone challenged me.

Truly amazed at the power of the hi-viz vest!

Stoots

Re: Don’t underestimate the awesome power of the High-Viz Vest
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:39 pm »
Yes I think there's something very blue collar, working class and rugged about the hi-viz.

The impression it gives is of a foul mouthed, bad tempered beer swilling minimum wage grafter. Probably do covered in tats with a few teeth missing.

People show that respect to it, don't mess with that lad he's a grafter.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:14:09 pm »
Looks like the Thompson twins have hi-jacked this thread, if I  You" Lay your hands on me" would I say "Hold me now" or should I call the "Doctor doctor", Maybe you would find some "love on your side" or sadly could it just be "lies"..............
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »
Looks like the Thompson twins have hi-jacked this thread, if I  You" Lay your hands on me" would I say "Hold me now" or should I call the "Doctor doctor", Maybe you would find some "love on your side" or sadly could it just be "lies"..............
Very good  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:11:19 pm »
I have recently purchased a whole new wardrobe of high viz attire  ;D
Im not talking your road digger nonsense , only Executive High Viz for me  :P
I have found it a good tool to make you look a bit more important than you really are  ;)
But more to the point its way cheaper to viz up over plain Tee's and jumpers than have them printed up each time . 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 09:25:17 pm »
I was going to do a little fashion shoot for you all , but my Mrs told me to stop being such a Tadger  ;D

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Steven Biggs

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 10:05:00 pm »
I wouldn't dare know all those Thompson Twins songs .  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:43 am »
Con men love hi viz vests for when they ask little old ladies if they want their drive tarmac'd.
It's a game of three halves!

Johnny B

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 08:19:27 am »
I wear a hi-viz vest to cover up my scruffy sleeveless jacket!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

simon w

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 12:40:53 pm »
Only trouble with hi viz is that it doesn't wash very well. Looks great when new but grubby after a week. Most of our work is commercial so hi viz is being worn most days at some point.

Windy Miller

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 11:26:57 am »
They're also great for disguising the beer belly in this weather  :P

harv deek

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 05:26:41 pm »
over the years whenever iv subbed work from a National they usually  ask me and the lads to wear one of their  hi viz tops . im  eager to accept these ,
 because they always sell very well on Ebay