Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Can I Express my frustration!?
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:20:01 pm »
Hi all, and Fellow "Sufferers"

Had a bad and good day today.
Been WFP now for 3 months.
3 months of pain in the a**e .  The worst has been customer dissatisfaction.  When I was Trad I rarely got a complaint so it has been hard for me to cope with the fact I made mistakes.  But , looking at it realistical there has not been that many problems and I have now sorted them out.
Yesterday I did a conservatory, first one for ages.  Awkward to do, but I did my best.  When I finished, the lady moaned about a few spots so I wentr round and scrimed them off.  She still moaned at FLY MARKS INSIDE.........not my problem!  Well, sorted walked away everyone happy.  Tonight she rings up......"You've missed a whole side of the roof".  So I go round and the most awkward bit of roof has a few bits on it you can see inside.  She then says she has had another WC round who said it was a mess!!!.................WELL........That was a red rag to a bull!!!!.  "In tha caes I'll give you a tenner back and you can get him to sort it out"  (I charged £40).  But no she wanted £20 because she had to have it all done again.  Well I gave her her £20 and said OK. "No hard feelings!" she said.  I nearly said "Not from you, you've just done ME out of £20!"  But I didn't....Just wlked away!
Moral of the story.

NO MORE CONSERVATORIES!!!!!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

brett walker

Re: Can I Express my frustration!?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:48:25 pm »
David

I wouldnt normally condone violence with a woman
but in this case i would make an exception  ;D

you cant please everyone all of the time

Brett

P®oPole™

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:56:27 pm »
this women obviously has nothing better to do, your better of without her mate some customers will go round after picking faults just bin them.

£20 down that must hurt abit, i wouldnt be to happy.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:07:14 pm »
Dave I would have been thinking of dumping her anyway after the second phone call.
and to be honest I would'nt have given her a penny back, she's probably been bad mouthing you anyway, to the other wc she must have called in.

I use a three strikes and your out motto, if a paticular customer P***es me off, they get a strike against there name, three strikes and they are off my list, we don't need moaners, and there are plenty of nicer people out there screaming out for a good wc.

Thats just given me an Idea for another thread, keep your chin up Dave.

neil100

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 08:16:04 pm »
Sorry to hear that Dave.

To cheer you up I had a good day.

Went to start on a village today, The wind was blowing a gale, The clouds were looking angry and I thought this will not be a good day, the forcast was for heavy showers. So I did a slight detour at the last minute and went on a hunch to one of my customers.

Its a Big Edwardian house,

I get a cup of Tea made for me as I arrive. I ask if she wants the insides doing. FANTASTIC she replys were having a big party next week and I will be so pleased.

I agree to leave the outsides till next week so they will be ultra clean for her bash.
I did all the windows inside, wiped down paintwork with cobwebs, Even cleaned 8 light fittings.

Finnished at 5pm. The showers have been comeing and going all day, Windy as anything. I was warm and cosy all day and £250.00 richer  at the end of the day.

Take the good with the bad Dave.

Nel

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:53:22 pm »
Forgot to teel the good part of the day,

Knocked out 4 hrs trad work in 2 1/2 WFP.

Mind you the only £20 cash went to YOU KNOW WHO!!!!

thanks guys for the advice.  She's not a regular WC customer so no real skin of me nose...just p****d me off!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jinky230

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 09:53:01 pm »
hi david I believe you are a backpack man, we also have backpacks, and I dont think they pump enough water for rinsing.When we get problems from customers it is always the back packs that create them as we use trolleys as well.I feel the backpack pump is under powered and was thinking of taking the pump out and fitting a bigger pump to the backpacks to get more rinse.A great tool but not enough power in the pump and we run at max settings

what do other guys think of the above, sorry to diverse the conversation, but was just wondering is this where the problems are coming from

jinky

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 10:04:51 pm »
jinky i would have thought 45psi pump would be enough power for a backpack, their are backpacks out there with 95psi pressure,

jinky230

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 10:09:30 pm »
jouk I use fan jets in the brushes and the water supply looks poor compared to the 100 psi sureflo pump, do you have a link to the bigger backpack pumps sounds interesting.

I only know thru my own experience that the backpacks do not pump enough water for rinsing and I use the max setting on the back pack everytime
but then I like to see plenty of rinse maybe I am using to much water on the rinse any help would be appreciated

jinky

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 10:15:33 pm »
Jinky,

Yes that was one of the problems as I was running on the first setting and was taking ages to rince.

I now use the second setting.

I have a Gaz Brush with fan jets, pole fitted with a flow valve. 
I put the backpack on second setting, turn the flow valve on low to brush then fully open the valve to rince. Noticably better and quicker.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jinky230

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
thanks for the info david but was wondering can you get finner fan jets to put more water on the glass

jinky

jinky230

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 10:21:16 pm »
david how does the flow vqlve work this sound interesting

jinky

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 10:31:59 pm »
jinky, the method i use is very low pressure fan spray nozzles, and non return valve, find this keeps the pressure up, plus  saves the pump working to hard at heights

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 10:38:35 pm »
JInky,

Take a look at:

/www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

It's a 10mm gas valve, available from any plumbers merchants.  But you need some 6mm inserts which I havn't found yet.

I didn't know it would control the flow untill I accidentaly moved it and the flow reduced!!??  AH! I thought (Painfull, thinking!!)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

matt

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 10:50:31 pm »
a few words from me

CONSERVATORIES === PRESSURE WASHER

then a quick light WFP polish up

job done

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 10:50:52 pm »
   ROCKET SPRAYER®
THIS SPRAYER IS FROM THE USA.  50 PSI ULTRA LIGHT IS $199 OR 95 PSI HEAVY DUTY   
$299.   never seen them for sale here, you could import one, same as the other ones     

http://www.rocketspray.com/specs.html

jinky230

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 10:55:24 pm »
jouks thanks for the link

david you can get the reducers made from a tool maker I got 2 made from 3/8 to 6mm for £2.50 each

about the flow valve are you still on the second setting when it reduces the water flow ro do you move up to max -

jinky

brett walker

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 10:55:53 pm »
I can easily go 3 high with my backpack on setting number 2 and the rinsing is good, setting number 1 is a bit naff

Brett

ps jouk, you are wasted as a window cleaner you should be on tomorrows world 8).

jinky230

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 11:02:08 pm »
jouk I have the autobrushes fitted need to try them with standard brushes I got from gaz to see the difference, them backpacks look the bus

what about really fine jets like 1mm would these help

jinky

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 11:03:13 pm »
Jinky,

Second setting I find is fine.  Remember it's not particulary quantity but preasure you want to rince well thas where I find the fan jets work well.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jouk45

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 11:06:30 pm »
bret, their would not be a tommorow if i got into the nuclear bomb stuff  lol ;D

jouk45

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 11:08:02 pm »
jinky 1mm are exellent, got mine from cleantech

brett walker

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 11:09:52 pm »
bret, their would not be a tommorow if i got into the nuclear bomb stuff  lol ;D

:o :o :o :o :o  8)

brett  :o ;D

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 11:11:35 pm »
sorry brett, ;D

jinky230

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 11:13:12 pm »
maybe give them a try jouk thanks

jinky

jouk45

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 11:21:01 pm »
jinky, most folk make the same mistake when they buy fan jets, you have 3 sizes that i know of, and they are,  1mm      1.5      2mm
         low      med     high

jinky230

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 06:02:30 am »
jouk what is the difference in water and pressure

jinky

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 11:14:44 am »
Jinky,

Flow is Ltrs per min, amount of water.
Preassure is pounds per square inch PSI.

If you turn on your garden hose fully open with nothing on the end a lot of water will come out but won't spray very far
Iff you put your finger over the end you INCREASE the preasure but REDUCE the amount and the spray goes further and, when washimg the car, rinces better.

Jouk has put figures on jet sizes which relate to AMOUNT of water

Jet size          Amount          Preasure

1mm               Low                 High
1.5mm            Med                 Med
2mm               High                 Low

Fan jets have a simular effect of increasing the preasure and reducing the flow but also spread the water.

We ought to commision a Universety Study (The suppliers should ) so as we could develop the most efficient and effective system.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

master cleaner

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 07:41:08 pm »
JInky,

Take a look at:

/www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

It's a 10mm gas valve, available from any plumbers merchants.  But you need some 6mm inserts which I havn't found yet.

I didn't know it would control the flow untill I accidentaly moved it and the flow reduced!!??  AH! I thought (Painfull, thinking!!)

David

hi dave

just a point , i use the flow control valve as well , with the trolley it is fine but with the backpack you should only use on or off , this is what mike at cleantech told me otherwise it can damage the pump

thanx
gary

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 05:11:03 pm »
Gary, not sure about that they are agri bpacs and have various that can be jets fitted on the lances, so wit5hin reason should be able to cope with back pressure.

master cleaner

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 10:59:47 am »
Gary, not sure about that they are agri bpacs and have various that can be jets fitted on the lances, so wit5hin reason should be able to cope with back pressure.

thanx Jeff i was only repeating what mike at cleantech warned me when i told him i was going to use a flow control valve he told me not to restrict the flow and to use the 4 settings that are on the backpack , now i am confused as i would prefer to put it on a setting between 1 and 2 and could do this with the flow control valve

gary