Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Much needed re fit .
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:34:24 pm »
After having re watched a vid i did of my van a few weeks ago for a fellow cleaner on here , i was actually quite shocked at how my van looked inside , and being as the likes of Nathan kaye and others had revamped their vans , i thought it was time to do the same.
Gas and boiler now out and a few mods here and there , im well happy with the out come .
Before and after pics .

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Shrek

Re: Much needed re fit .
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:37:23 pm »
Looks great! What’s the silver stuff on your reel and what’s it’s purposse ?
Also - why have you got black tape on the end of your hose?

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:51:01 pm »
Looks great 👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:51:56 pm »
Looks great! What’s the silver stuff on your reel and what’s it’s purposse ?
Also - why have you got black tape on the end of your hose?
The silver stuff on the reel is pipe lagging , i just wrap a strip of old duvet around the reel now and it stops the frost as the whole hose is encased ,
The black tape just stops the single ear clip holding  the fitting on from scraping up the inside of my slx as i use DIY hoseless .

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:00 pm »
Looks great 👍
Thankyou kind sir  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 08:56:51 pm »
I think Paul Alan  has started a new trend here  ;D ;D ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 10:25:35 pm »
I need to do mine. Just picked up a gas boiler from lee pryor, although that will be going into a new van, mine is in desperate need of a revamp too

Talk about shed like  :-[

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 10:41:26 pm »
I need to do mine. Just picked up a gas boiler from lee pryor, although that will be going into a new van, mine is in desperate need of a revamp too

Come on mark earning 50k + get a new van and system how on earth do your customers pay you what they do with kit like that ? 😂😂😂😂😂

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 10:44:37 pm »

Does that reel handle even turn Marc ?   ;D ;D ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 10:45:38 pm »
Yes... i know. its functional, it works well.

But yes I will be giving some tlc to the inside soon. And yes the reel works very well. its just not pretty is it

Shamefull....i know  :-\

Look the 1st step to addressing a problem is admitting it, and so there you go.  I am out in the open, my van looks lovley on the outside, but....oh dear me...

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 10:57:21 pm »

In the nicest possible way

Your is horrendous mate  :)

Marc Stock

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 11:08:27 pm »
Its basically because, i have neglected it inside, it was the start of a good setup, but then i fell ill with my mental illness (which i am recovered from now) and i have just used it and abused it whilst under the spell of the black dog.

The reel is very free, and works very well. Its from my original brodex e-compact 250 back in 2004. Its looking very tatty though. The pump and little black box is a voltage meter which works very well, it all works very well and performs just as good as any other system.

I am going to buy a new van shortly, so its a case of tidy up and make good. But yes, it looks horrendous.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 11:43:32 pm »
I couldn't work like that I'm afraid marc.....I'm too organised and neat.....in fact I reckon I'm over organised most of the time.....it's part of my nature.......like a drill sergeant! ;D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 11:49:23 pm »
Its basically because, i have neglected it inside, it was the start of a good setup, but then i fell ill with my mental illness (which i am recovered from now) and i have just used it and abused it whilst under the spell of the black dog.

The reel is very free, and works very well. Its from my original brodex e-compact 250 back in 2004. Its looking very tatty though. The pump and little black box is a voltage meter which works very well, it all works very well and performs just as good as any other system.

I am going to buy a new van shortly, so its a case of tidy up and make good. But yes, it looks horrendous.

But it does prove a point , you dont need all the whistles and bells to clean a window !

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 11:56:50 pm »
But yes, it looks horrendous.

I wouldn't worry mate as long as it works. Ultimatley, all the customer see's is you standing there with a pole squirting water. As long as that looks OK, then you're good to go.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 11:57:41 pm »
After having re watched a vid i did of my van a few weeks ago for a fellow cleaner on here , i was actually quite shocked at how my van looked inside , and being as the likes of Nathan kaye and others had revamped their vans , i thought it was time to do the same.
Gas and boiler now out and a few mods here and there , im well happy with the out come .
Before and after pics .

Does your brass elbow leak ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 07:16:06 am »
marc you ve had that van for years......how come you ve never sorted any pole holders out?thats the first thing i do with a van after getting the tank fitted.......

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 07:19:52 am »
Before and after pics .

them brass elbows are crap...they always leak in the end.....

Marc Stock

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 07:38:00 am »
marc you ve had that van for years......how come you ve never sorted any pole holders out?thats the first thing i do with a van after getting the tank fitted.......

You cant see it in the pic, but the pole lays down the left hand side between the tank and the inner wheel bump.

Its funny isnt it, im anal about next ckean dates and all that, yet my kit setup is hectic.

Think there will be a kit spruce up thread coming soon.  8)

andyM

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 07:40:31 am »

You cant see it in the pic, but the pole lays down the left hand side between the tank and the inner wheel bump.

Its funny isnt it, im anal about next ckean dates and all that, yet my kit setup is hectic.

Think there will be a kit spruce up thread coming soon.  8)

How's that leisure battery fixed in place Marc?
That looks like it could be lethal in the event of an accident!
One of the Plebs

Marc Stock

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 07:48:12 am »
Its strapped and screwed down.  ;D

Hahah this is s good example of how not to have your van set up.

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 09:19:32 am »
Before and after pics .

No , they usually last 12 months or so , the potting tray is only there to catch the run off from the hose exterior , and to hold my drill close to hand !

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 09:30:44 am »
Before and after pics .

them brass elbows are crap...they always leak in the end.....

Yes and always do when you dont have a spare !
Im trying out a different type today , now that i am back to cold water i am going to trial a plastic one at £6 , maybe my potting tray will come in handy if all goes wrong  ;D