This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

callum99

Isopropyl,,,,,,,,
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:07:43 pm »
Not sure if that's the correct spelling,, just wondering if anybody puts it into there water tank to reduce the possibility of freezing, and how much at a time,, just seems mad going to all the trouble of purifying our water, only to contaminant it, but owing to the trouble with my Van freezing again, cheers, Kevin.

Shrek

Re: Isopropyl,,,,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 07:15:04 pm »
Buy a fish tank heater instead

Plankton

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 07:17:02 pm »
The IPA doesn't affect the tds but it's been said before on here that it doesn't prevent your tank freezing for the quantity that folks were adding. It would more be for running through the pump and hose rather than the tank.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 08:41:19 pm »
Might be an idea to payy attention to weather forecasts and / or get a weather app so when these warnings come you can stick a thermostatic radiator in back of van overnight.
Or some other preventative measure
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 09:06:33 pm »
Cheapest and easiest thing to do is just sling a radiator in the back. Or an immersion heater in tank that acts as a big radiator.

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:23:33 pm »
Before I got my immersion I bought a little convection fan heater, just a cheap one from Argos. It's all you need to keep the frost /ice off your gear. Put it in the van on frost setting and it'll kick in enough to do the job. Just make sure it's placed in a safe position.
Take the pressure out of your hoses.
I've found that unless the temp drops to -2> things tend to  be OK!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:13:13 am »
Not sure if that's the correct spelling,, just wondering if anybody puts it into there water tank to reduce the possibility of freezing, and how much at a time,, just seems mad going to all the trouble of purifying our water, only to contaminant it, but owing to the trouble with my Van freezing again, cheers, Kevin.

theres lots of other things you can do to stop freezing....

immersion heater installed into your tank

oil filled radiator or fan heater in the back overnight

fish tank heaters dropped into your tank

or the easiest (but most expensive)...diesel heater with frost stat feature...
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 10:48:52 am »

Is a diesel heater the easiest daz? (Genuine question never used one)

To put a heater in I pick it up place it in and plug extension in. It's maybe 30 second job. Just wonder how a diesel heater works?

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 12:30:15 pm »

Is a diesel heater the easiest daz? (Genuine question never used one)

To put a heater in I pick it up place it in and plug extension in. It's maybe 30 second job. Just wonder how a diesel heater works?

Immersion heater has to be the easiest by far.  Half hour to install and its a simole case of plugging in on a night.   If anything breaks, you can replace the thermostat rod or if it fully breaks down its a simoke case of unwiring, unscrew and replace with a new one.
Diesel heater is much more expensive to buy, install and run. If anything breaks or unsure ofhow it works, its a day off or half a day and i bet the parts are a whole lot more expensive.
Plus the customer doesnt really care whats inside your van making the hot water on a whole.
But then I am fairly biased  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 12:38:48 pm »
I think fish tank heater is the easiest & cheapest  lol , no assembly required- just pop it in your tank and plug in .

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 07:12:45 pm »
diesel heater with frost stat is the easiest as you dont have to do anything provided you plug in the return valves at the end of your working day....

basically my tank has a temperature probe in it and when the water temperature falls to 2c in the coldest part of the tank the heater starts up  for 10 mins(even though its switched off) to circulate warm water through the hose reel/pump etc then back to tank  and when the temperature reaches 7c it switches off preventing anything from freezing.....
price higher/work harder!

callum99

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 09:06:55 pm »
Buy a fish tank heater instead
[/quo
te]
What about the water in the pipes,,

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 09:27:23 pm »
If it’s going to freeze  then I take my reel out and run the pump dry to get any water out. It’s not often I have to do it but I’m sure if you insulate all pipes you might be ok

callum99

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 05:42:57 am »
Thanks for that , just wondered if having the alcohol in the water would stop me having to do that,

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 02:30:10 pm »
I think fish tank heater is the easiest & cheapest  lol , no assembly required- just pop it in your tank and plug in .
oil filled rad is the best...fish tank heater aint gonna stop pipes,pumps,reels etc from freezing.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 02:39:05 pm »
oil filled rad is the best...fish tank heater aint gonna stop pipes,pumps,reels etc from freezing.

Iv got an oil filled rad and it sure didn’t stop my tank from freezing earlier this month!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 02:52:16 pm »

Iv got an oil filled rad and it sure didn’t stop my tank from freezing earlier this month!
Was it a little 600w??? My 1200watt has never let me down.....the small ones are a waste of time.

Plankton

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 02:55:29 pm »

Did you have it plugged in? :)

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 03:09:29 pm »

Was it a little 600w??? My 1200watt has never let me down.....the small ones are a waste of time.

I can’t remember the watt lol il have to take a look

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 03:09:52 pm »

Did you have it plugged in? :)

Probably not  ;D