This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Dear Winter
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 08:51:55 am »
itll soon be spring lads(warmer rain!)....... :)
price higher/work harder!

Elfyn

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:56 am »
I hope I never have another winter like 2010/11 - if I do I'll take a long had look at retiring. The temperature in my workshop didn't come above freezing for weeks on end.

lee_dewing

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 10:19:34 am »
Everyone is different but I don't work in heavy rain.

If I'm getting wetter than the windows I don't work. ;D

I don't know how you guys work in heavy rain would have thought you'd end up with pneumonia.

Each to their own.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

g.brookes

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 04:53:19 pm »
I judge winter off how many times I have to defrost the van in the morning. Last winter it was 3 times. This time I've lost count. It's not question of how many days off, more just horrible conditions to work in. I think we can all agree that winter arrived about 6 months ago and it would be nice for some double digit temps

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 05:17:10 pm »
Dear Winter,

Yesterday was fun. Went sledging for the first time since the kids were small so probably ten years plus. Great laugh then back to a mate's for home made Irish coffee and cake.

Now please go away. Thank you.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 06:31:09 pm »
I judge winter off how many times I have to defrost the van in the morning. Last winter it was 3 times. This time I've lost count. It's not question of how many days off, more just horrible conditions to work in. I think we can all agree that winter arrived about 6 months ago and it would be nice for some double digit temps

it wont be long before you ll be finishing early because its too hot and sunny...... :)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »
I remember trying to clean a block of apartments communal windows in 2010, internals, and the temperature was -18°C on the 12th floor. Gave up after the first window and that was that for another couple of weeks. The fuel cap on the van froze solid and I was sat on the petrol station forecourt shivering and bemused.  :)

This forum was funny though, full of cleaners arguing and going stir crazy because they’d all been sat at home for weeks on end without earning a penny.  ;D

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

DeLuce

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 07:21:54 pm »
Tbh, I prefer working in the colder months  because there's nothing else I want to do outside.
But when it gets too hot in the summer, I just want to sit  in the garden and have a beer and watch the world go by  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 07:57:49 pm »
This forum was funny though, full of cleaners arguing and going stir crazy because they’d all been sat at home for weeks on end without earning a penny.  ;D

I recall BFG (remember him?) - he was nuts at that time.

deeege

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 08:17:40 pm »

Yes I do, definately a character.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 09:14:31 pm »

Yes I do, definately a character.  ;D
Me too. Was it Stephen? A Scouser?
But I remember the forum well at that time. Tensions were running high  ;D.
I think I had a full month off (or near enough) and the forum was very busy most of the day.
I enjoyed going to bed not having to get up early in the morning. I miss that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 10:51:36 pm »
Yes. Steve, a scouser. He liked a gamble....