Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Dear Winter
« on: March 18, 2018, 12:24:02 pm »
Hi Mr Winter,

Just wanted to say it's been nice having you, and you have truly showed yourself this winter, but can you politely, ya know F$%K off now?  It's just every time i get my schedule back on track, you decide to let it snow again, and i'm getting a bit sick of it now.  If you do this small favour for me, i'll promise i will be a good boy for the rest of the year and i will respect you next winter and plan in advance.

That's all, thanks have a good one bro

lee_dewing

Re: Dear Winter
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 01:31:43 pm »
 ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Elfyn

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »
I think, after Brexit, we should have Britain towed about 200 miles south. Milder winters and much better summers would be just the thing.  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 01:41:59 pm »
BLAME RUSSIA
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Elfyn

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 01:44:24 pm »
well, they're getting the blame for everything else atm

Walter Mitty

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 03:12:16 pm »
:)

ermine-white flakelets
wafting around in limbo
Yahweh combs his beard

:)

deeege

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 03:16:47 pm »
Has it really been that bad? Here in the northwest it’s been quite mild most of the winter. (Apart from this weekend and for 4 days earlier this month)

Certainly hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as the winter of 2010.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 03:46:39 pm »
Has it really been that bad? Here in the northwest it’s been quite mild most of the winter. (Apart from this weekend and for 4 days earlier this month)

I agree.
The barometer of how bad the winter has been is how long a local window cleaner, Mike, wears shorts for.  He's just done all winter in his shorts.
That's a first for Mike and bare knee winters.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 05:04:37 pm »
Its been the worst winter I've had (I missed 2010 started winter 2014)

Had a full week off in Jan. It seems to have been raining every other day since. Then the beats from the east where I lost 4 days, last week it absolutely ped it down 3 days out if the 5 so more lost days then this load of poope we have now.

It's been a horrible winter just can't get going.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 05:56:43 pm »
2010 would of seen you off Adam.....You d be signing on by now! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 08:02:21 pm »
2010 would of seen you off Adam.....You d be signing on by now! ;D

Ha, no chance mate worked too hard to quit, i like to moan but quitting is never an option.

As a side note i loved that winter 2010, i was a delivery driver and we had loads of days off with full pay it was great.

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:20 pm »
In my experience this winter has been worse than 2010.

I was in the UK in 2010, and can't remember taking too many days off or having my schedule disrupted the way it has been this winter.

I am in the south west of Ireland now (since 2011) and the amount of rain and wind we get here is insane!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 08:32:07 pm »
Yes, the winter of 2010/11 saw me take 11 straight days off in early January, and even then conditions were a little tricky.   I went to get started again and the van battery wouldn't turn over.  Another half day lost sorting that out.  Mind you, it was nearly 8 years old so I did OK with it.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 09:10:36 pm »
I think I had nearly 3 weeks off in 2010 it was that bad.....only had 4 consecutive  days off this winter.....

lee_dewing

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 09:41:00 pm »
Agree not as bad snow wise as 2010/11.

But disruption to schedule is getting to be a pain in the backside  :(

But snowed mid December was it? Lost 3 work days there.

After Xmas early January there was gale force winds and heavy rain ( can't remember time lost there😲).

February, beast from the east only worked Monday of that week.

Last week lost Monday and Thursday to heavy rain.

Luckily last lot of snow fall here not bad just a dusting, so back to it Monday but top temperature of 3°

If of course it doesn't snow ⛄ bad tonight   ::)roll

March is usually one of my best months, rarely run late.
Not the case this year ;D

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 08:11:46 am »
ive said it before and ill say it again.WORK IN ALL BUT THE WORST WEATHER!that means working in drizzle,medium and heavy rain.......windy days,cold days etc...

the only exceptions are if theres a fair bit of snow and ice on the ground/blizzards/gale force winds coupled with heavy prolonged rain.....

as the weather is very rarely as bad as the above for long periods you shouldnt be missing many hours/days of work in any given year...

having 4 consecutive days off earlier this month was the first time ive  took more than one day off because of the weather for 8 YEARS!!

DeLuce

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 08:16:08 am »

It has been quite a mild winter really.
But what is unusual, is the amount of rain we've had. I don't think there is a week gone by since beginning of November when it hasn't piddled it down at some point!
The land is soaked to  saturation!
I work rain or shine, but I'm getting a bit sick of it now.
I got a proper soaking on Fri morning  ;D

andyM

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 08:26:04 am »
It has been quite a mild winter really.
But what is unusual, is the amount of rain we've had. I don't think there is a week gone by since beginning of November when it hasn't piddled it down at some point!
The land is soaked to  saturation!
I work rain or shine, but I'm getting a bit sick of it now.
I got a proper soaking on Fri morning  ;D

True.
I was speaking with a customer of mine recently who's a farmer.
I asked him how he was getting on with the weather, and he said that ideally they would like 3 weeks of constant dry weather.
I'm not sure if we'll be getting that anytime soon?
One of the Plebs

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 08:26:39 am »
I think I had nearly 3 weeks off in 2010 it was that bad.....only had 4 consecutive  days off this winter.....

I think I've had about 3 weeks off since new year.

zesty

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 08:45:24 am »
I’ve found this winter worse than 2010/11

I think the reason being I was trad and working with a family friend at that time. We probably motivated each other and didn’t obviously have the hassle of freezing equipment (except for water freezing on the glass at times)

This winter has felt relentless, long and very cold. Since going wfp in 2014 I’ve never had so many frozen hoses and frozen pumps. Usually its the odd day hear and there, this winter it’s been more often than not almost!

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 08:51:55 am »
itll soon be spring lads(warmer rain!)....... :)

Elfyn

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:56 am »
I hope I never have another winter like 2010/11 - if I do I'll take a long had look at retiring. The temperature in my workshop didn't come above freezing for weeks on end.

lee_dewing

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 10:19:34 am »
Everyone is different but I don't work in heavy rain.

If I'm getting wetter than the windows I don't work. ;D

I don't know how you guys work in heavy rain would have thought you'd end up with pneumonia.

Each to their own.

g.brookes

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 04:53:19 pm »
I judge winter off how many times I have to defrost the van in the morning. Last winter it was 3 times. This time I've lost count. It's not question of how many days off, more just horrible conditions to work in. I think we can all agree that winter arrived about 6 months ago and it would be nice for some double digit temps

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 05:17:10 pm »
Dear Winter,

Yesterday was fun. Went sledging for the first time since the kids were small so probably ten years plus. Great laugh then back to a mate's for home made Irish coffee and cake.

Now please go away. Thank you.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 06:31:09 pm »
I judge winter off how many times I have to defrost the van in the morning. Last winter it was 3 times. This time I've lost count. It's not question of how many days off, more just horrible conditions to work in. I think we can all agree that winter arrived about 6 months ago and it would be nice for some double digit temps

it wont be long before you ll be finishing early because its too hot and sunny...... :)

deeege

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »
I remember trying to clean a block of apartments communal windows in 2010, internals, and the temperature was -18°C on the 12th floor. Gave up after the first window and that was that for another couple of weeks. The fuel cap on the van froze solid and I was sat on the petrol station forecourt shivering and bemused.  :)

This forum was funny though, full of cleaners arguing and going stir crazy because they’d all been sat at home for weeks on end without earning a penny.  ;D

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

DeLuce

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 07:21:54 pm »
Tbh, I prefer working in the colder months  because there's nothing else I want to do outside.
But when it gets too hot in the summer, I just want to sit  in the garden and have a beer and watch the world go by  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 07:57:49 pm »
This forum was funny though, full of cleaners arguing and going stir crazy because they’d all been sat at home for weeks on end without earning a penny.  ;D

I recall BFG (remember him?) - he was nuts at that time.

deeege

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 08:17:40 pm »

Yes I do, definately a character.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 09:14:31 pm »

Yes I do, definately a character.  ;D
Me too. Was it Stephen? A Scouser?
But I remember the forum well at that time. Tensions were running high  ;D.
I think I had a full month off (or near enough) and the forum was very busy most of the day.
I enjoyed going to bed not having to get up early in the morning. I miss that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 10:51:36 pm »
Yes. Steve, a scouser. He liked a gamble....