This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slash

Re: U.K. Window cleaning, why?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 06:01:00 pm »
Sod  that for a game of soldiers,,only mugs would clean for free,more fool them or anybody else who does a first clean for free.
I run a buisness,not a charity  ;D

Delta

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 06:05:25 pm »
I agree it's not for everyone and I wouldn't do it but all the big new housing developments have been snapped up by windies who are offering free cleans so it does work.
New developments are not for me so it doesn't affect me.

tlwcs

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 06:11:58 pm »
I agree it's not for everyone and I wouldn't do it but all the big new housing developments have been snapped up by windies who are offering free cleans so it does work.
New developments are not for me so it doesn't affect me.

There is no end to this. Get your first clean free, and then get a different windy to do you another free clean.
It's a race to the bottom

Cookie

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 06:16:59 pm »
Maybe the free cleans explain why they get a 100% customer satisfaction rating. It's kind of them to let me know (as an 'Other window cleaner') that I have a 42% satisfaction rating:

http://www.ukwindowclean.com/index.html

I obviously need to pull my socks up!

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 06:19:38 pm »
Lol I find this quite funny they do the first clean free , we charge double for first clean that stops the people who are pretending they want a monthly clean messing you about  works for us 😂😂😂😂😂

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 06:39:58 pm »
UK window clean are  a huge company, obviously growing rapidly judging by the area they cover..i would hazard a guess much bigger than any company on here and it seems a large part of their marketting is using a free first clean.

So its obviously something that works for them or they wouldnt do it, you dont get a large company by constantly doing something that doesnt work.

Building a round is a numbers game and this is seems a good way to get numbers

Yet guys on here are ripping them and telling them how stupid an idea it is, come on guys wake up.

Slash

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 06:42:54 pm »
I'm gonna do a whole year of free cleans and this time next year I'll be as big as they are  ;D  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 06:47:09 pm »
I'm gonna do a whole year of free cleans and this time next year I'll be as big as they are  ;D ;D

But thats the difference though, do you work solo or do you have employees?

Marketting is a cost, and they have obv factored in the cost of customer aquisition into their business plan.

Its basic stuff.

Delta

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 07:01:33 pm »
They get bad reviews because their customer service skills are not up to much. It's the hardest part of any business when it grows exponentially, ask Lee Pryor. A great way of getting a bad review is threatening your customers with a debt collector. This is where UK Window Clean have fallen foul.

Marc Stock

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 07:14:02 pm »
JUST DID A WHOIS LOOK UP.

the domain name is owned by DFM Services Ltd, in Gibraltar

Shrek

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 07:19:37 pm »
JUST DID A WHOIS LOOK UP.

the domain name is owned by DFM Services Ltd, in Gibraltar

It’s that guy you scared off last month when he was acting the tough guy with lee.

deeege

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 07:28:52 pm »
Don’t they just sub all the cleans out to local mugs who are even more desperate than them? Or am I thinking of someone else?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 07:36:54 pm »
UK window clean are  a huge company, obviously growing rapidly judging by the area they cover..i would hazard a guess much bigger than any company on here and it seems a large part of their marketting is using a free first clean.

So its obviously something that works for them or they wouldnt do it, you dont get a large company by constantly doing something that doesnt work.

Yet guys on here are ripping them and telling them how stupid an idea it is, come on guys wake up.

It’s a bit like large supermarkets they sell some things and make a loss on them other things they make a huge profit on so it Evans out in the end , a smaller company cleaning windows can’t afford to do free cleans as a high persentage will only have a couple of cleans done then cancel, so you are loosing out , we charge double for first cleans to stop the messers who are about to move or want a one off clean ripping us off and it workes well I can now spot a one off clean merchant if they want a regular quality service they are quite happy to pay double the first time we are snowed under with work by working this way it’s a no brainier any one who runs a small buisness is an idiot to offer free cleans as they will loose out big time and get lots of messers , since charging double for first cleans we have had zero messers and as a small company that’s what I want regular good honest customers

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 08:18:03 pm »

It’s a bit like large supermarkets they sell some things and make a loss on them other things they make a huge profit on so it Evans out in the end , a smaller company cleaning windows can’t afford to do free cleans as a high persentage will only have a couple of cleans done then cancel, so you are loosing out , we charge double for first cleans to stop the messers who are about to move or want a one off clean ripping us off and it workes well I can now spot a one off clean merchant if they want a regular quality service they are quite happy to pay double the first time we are snowed under with work by working this way it’s a no brainier any one who runs a small buisness is an idiot to offer free cleans as they will loose out big time and get lots of messers , since charging double for first cleans we have had zero messers and as a small company that’s what I want regular good honest customers

That’s one thing Iv been caught out with a couple of times - people ringing up for a monthly window clean. When I turn up the 2nd month , they have a for sale sign up 🤬

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 08:35:11 pm »
Theres your answer, Uk window clean are not a small company hence they can take a loss in the short term to profit in the long term, smaller businesses cant afford to or dont want to do the same.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2018, 05:07:32 am »
It seems a reasonable strategy for a company that can take a small hit (relative to their size).
What percentage of first timers need to be converted to regulars to be in profit?  I don't know, but even if there's a small loss on this, it's cheap advertising.
Also, I doubt they will offer the free first clean forever.  Once that stops, they'll probably have retained at least a quarter of the freebie first timers as regulars, and put their name out there too.
My hunch is that they break even on this part of the business.

John Mart

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2018, 06:51:36 am »
Don’t they just sub all the cleans out to local mugs who are even more desperate than them? Or am I thinking of someone else?
I'm pretty sure that's what they do.

Granny

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 07:13:27 am »
They are all over West Yorkshire.
Once they have done the free clean they just keep coming back and cleaning whether you want them to or not.
A mate of mine has been caught out by them.
Next thing you know is a letter from debt collection.
Most don't want bad credit or the hassle so they just pay it.

Marc Stock

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 07:24:35 am »
It seems that window cleaning isnt the only business they have been involved with. From the looks of it they once owned a dubious insurance claim website.

Enterprise Insurance Claim website – DFM Services Limited
12 Aug 16
Update: 16/12/2016 DFM Services Limited was struck-off the register of companies on application by the company.

The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) is today issuing the following warning to the public regarding the website enterpriseinsuranceclaim.com. This website purports to offer assistance with claims against Enterprise Insurance Company Plc which is currently in provisional liquidation.

The website contains false and misleading information regarding the validity of Enterprise insurance policies and the position of policy holders while the company is in provisional liquidation. The GFSC is also concerned about the legitimacy of the website and the purpose for which subscriber information will be used.

The website is operated by a Gibraltar registered company, DFM Services Limited. This company is not regulated, registered or otherwise authorised by the GFSC. The website’s Contact page does not provide an address or telephone contact number and the website does not refer to DFM Services Limited at all.

The GFSC has contacted the company’s sole shareholder and director but remains dissatisfied with the explanations provided in terms of the legitimacy of the website.

The GFSC therefore urges the public to exercise appropriate caution in respect of this website. Policy holders should not rely on statements contained on this website but should instead refer to information issued by the GFSC and the Provisional Liquidator.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2018, 01:05:29 pm »
I reckon the company is probably  owned by people whose ancestors arrived from a British overseas  territory.
I could be wrong but it's what they did to the taxi  industry maybe the repeat business of window cleaning is very appealing especially. If you are not doing the graft.
Spit and polish