Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rhys evans

What's the best carpet cleaning machine to buy?? New
« on: August 01, 2018, 12:06:04 pm »
hi there guys i'm a new comer to the carpet cleaning industry and i'm having a real difficulty picking a machine to buy?
i have been looking at the (airflex storm 800 psi adjustable valve)  with all the accessories i have been told the alltec's are good.
but id rather be safe then sorry when purchasing a item that will be continuous use if anyone have help or have any recommendations that would be very much appreciated
thanks guys.

from edge2edge

Re: whats the best carpet cleaning machine to buy??
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 12:17:35 pm »
Rhys Where are you based in the uk?............Alan

*Hector*

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »
nowhere near Swindon if he is sensible

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 05:32:01 pm »
It’s all down to opinion and budget but if you want the very best get a Truck mount

derikraven

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 06:47:50 pm »
I've been a carpet cleaner for over 48 years and have never felt the need for a truckmount. Modern portables are more than capable of tackling most jobs. As has been stated previously, it's all down to personal choice and budget.

Sergio

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 07:50:44 pm »
I've been a carpet cleaner for over 48 years and have never felt the need for a truckmount. Modern portables are more than capable of tackling most jobs. As has been stated previously, it's all down to personal choice and budget.
Same question for me but i am from Italy. I need a carpet cleaner machine. Not Heavy. Max 30 liters clean  water capacity.
My badget is 3000€.  I live in Italy so I need a very reliable cleaning machine with good assistance

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 06:04:02 am »
Hi

its not about one machine, its about carpet cleaning methods. the best course you will find and lean the connection is prochems. their course is really cleaver in that it teach you about carpet cleaning from their product range and is presented in a soil level way. so this method for light and that one for heavy etc.

Respects

ian

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 09:06:36 pm »
hi there guys i'm a new comer to the carpet cleaning industry and i'm having a real difficulty picking a machine to buy?
i have been looking at the (airflex storm 800 psi adjustable valve)  with all the accessories i have been told the alltec's are good.
but id rather be safe then sorry when purchasing a item that will be continuous use if anyone have help or have any recommendations that would be very much appreciated
thanks guys.

Truck mounts are the absolute best, so are Bugatti's, Modern portables are excellent too and some have the power now to be van mounted so you can work in a similar way to a truckmount. I would liken a modern powerful portable machine to a Ford Focus rather than a Bugatti, powerful enough to get the job done comfortably but not quite as fast. Portable machines with twin motors and 150 psi pump are the bare minimum you would want to get, anything less and you are riding a bicycle. and a rug doctor is like crawling around on your hands an knees.

The specification of the machine you are looking is an excellent choice. Having had an Airflex machine and having it apart a number of times I would not buy another one as there are some serious design faults. I have recently bought a Ashbys Enforcer and it is alot more robust.and very powerful. Alltec are an excellent company to deal with too.

As Ian said training is much more important than machinery. All the main equipment manufacturers do excellent training courses. I would recommend a course that covers both carpet and upholstery to start out

Robin Ray

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 09:09:55 pm »
Same question for me but i am from Italy. I need a carpet cleaner machine. Not Heavy. Max 30 liters clean  water capacity.
My badget is 3000€.  I live in Italy so I need a very reliable cleaning machine with good assistance

There is an Italian carpet cleaning machine manufacturer called Santoemma. In the uk they are sold buy a company called Craftex

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 09:12:26 pm »
Here is there website http://www.santoemma.com/ The machine you would need is called a Sabrina Maxi.

neil 47

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 11:42:35 pm »
What you need is
Marketing ,marketing,marketing
Training
Solutions
Agitation
Heat
Drying
And a good rinsing machine
Jag
Storm
Enforcer
That’s about it any off the 3 if you e done the rest
IICRC

john martin

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 05:24:33 am »
Enforcer is simply the best design and build , after that u can compromise to what u like .    Get the 6.6 parallel version that robin got as some don't take to series and parallel is more user friendly in general .
Although I like 6.6 in series ...and consider mytee is now in the process of converting all its machines to a version of the 6.6 in series .
Sergio , get a parallel 6.6 enforcer with 400 psi for use on your 10amp circuit. Not sure how many 16 amp u guys have. 
For anyone using any twin vac from a can of distance though I would consider some sort of boosting , sometimes two motors is just not enough imo .

Sergio

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 10:27:35 pm »
Here is there website http://www.santoemma.com/ The machine you would need is called a Sabrina Maxi.
Thanks Robin. I have got a Santoemma Sabrina Maxi. It's not powerful machine

Sergio

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 10:29:04 pm »
Enforcer is simply the best design and build , after that u can compromise to what u like .    Get the 6.6 parallel version that robin got as some don't take to series and parallel is more user friendly in general .
Although I like 6.6 in series ...and consider mytee is now in the process of converting all its machines to a version of the 6.6 in series .
Sergio , get a parallel 6.6 enforcer with 400 psi for use on your 10amp circuit. Not sure how many 16 amp u guys have. 
For anyone using any twin vac from a can of distance though I would consider some sort of boosting , sometimes two motors is just not enough imo .
Thanks John.But if the machine fails, should I ship it to the UK for assistance?

john martin

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 11:03:57 pm »
i think that would be a last resort Sergio  ..    it should be quite reliable
Carpet cleaning machines are quite simple  ....   you could look for someone local to service any problems  ,  perhaps and electrician ,  an applicance repair guy ( fixes household machines ,washing machines etc )  or a place that sells and services pressure washer equipment  ,  so with a bit of searching im sure there is someone local .
you could learn to do some basic repairs yourself also ... 
and keep the santoemma for backup ..

Robin Ray

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 11:11:50 pm »

The only Italian manufacturer I know of is Santoemma other than that its Karcher or something from the UK. John is probibly right if what you want is more power.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 06:07:18 pm »

so buy saying you have been in the trade 48 years this gives you some kind of extra knowledge  over everybody else  just wondering why you feel the need to tell everybody ? 

derikraven

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 05:48:31 am »

so buy saying you have been in the trade 48 years this gives you some kind of extra knowledge  over everybody else  just wondering why you feel the need to tell everybody ?

What I am saying is.....in my 48 years as a carpet cleaner I have never had a situation where I could not carry out a carpet cleaning job with just a portable machine. As to why I imparted this information, is it not obvious?.........perhaps not to you.