Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: What do you guys do to help make the hours more pleasurable?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 11:59:59 am »
Conference call with another 2-5 window cleaner every day.
Dont  you get people looking at you funny while you are jabbering away to yourself  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 12:06:20 pm »
I just listen to music via free app which is gettin on my wick a bit now , now and then it just stops which stops me cos i have to faff with the phone to start it up again
Can anybody point me in the direction of a different free app that works please ???

lal

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:46 pm »
Audible, audio books. My work life has transformed in the last 6 months with it.

How much do you pay for using Audible ?Thanks
Larry

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 12:35:43 pm »
I just listen to music via free app which is gettin on my wick a bit now , now and then it just stops which stops me cos i have to faff with the phone to start it up again
Can anybody point me in the direction of a different free app that works please ???

Spotify!
Music and podcasts all free , you get an advert every hour or so but it’s the best Iv found

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:36 pm »

Spotify!
Music and podcasts all free , you get an advert every hour or so but it’s the best Iv found

Just asked my kids if they use this , they told me that they dont as you need to be on your data or wifi hot spot !
Im a baffon with stuff like this , are they right ? , if so how much data would this use in say 5 hours of music ?

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 01:22:16 pm »
I listen to Google Play. Have a subcription for it. Sometimes i find though after a few days i get earache.

Then i used my larger sony headphones, but they kept getting knocked off my head.

p1w1

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »
Audible, audio books. My work life has transformed in the last 6 months with it.

Larry
depends on how many credits you want each month, i credit is 1 book.

Shrek

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 01:57:51 pm »

Spotify!

Just asked my kids if they use this , they told me that they dont as you need to be on your data or wifi hot spot !
Im a baffon with stuff like this , are they right ? , if so how much data would this use in say 5 hours of music ?

It does use data , from google search it’s about 40mb an hour. However , I get 3gb a month of data and I use it about 3/4 hours a day and don’t use all my allowance.

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2018, 02:15:17 pm »
Audio files don’t use a huge amount of data. Some images will do and so will video. Apps running in the background use data, you won’t be aware of this at all,  it just email but all sorts of apps, using your phones GPS and location data etc.

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2018, 02:30:03 pm »
Audio files don’t use a huge amount of data. Some images will do and so will video. Apps running in the background use data, you won’t be aware of this at all,  it just email but all sorts of apps, using your phones GPS and location data etc.

Good point , before I leave the house I turn everything off except Spotify and WhatsApp

lal

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 02:41:19 pm »

Larry

Thanks for your reply.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2018, 06:43:29 pm »
Conference call with another 2-5 window cleaner every day.
Dont  you get people looking at you funny while you are jabbering away to yourself  ;D

Yeah get lots of funny looks but it's such a laugh throughout the day.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 07:40:55 pm »

+1

davids3511

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »

Larry

Thanks for your reply.
It's £7.99 a month for one book a month. I believe there is a silver subscription but you have to ring them to ask for it, 1 book every two months. I buy extra credits on ebay, its far cheaper than doing it through Audible.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 07:44:23 pm »
I also splashed out on a hi res audio player and quality headphones,  I use Tidal and download albums for offline listening
I can then listen to my 70's prog in all its glory
what a chill out my workday is😁😁😁😁

KS Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2018, 08:43:21 pm »
One of the best things I ever did was get a set of wireless earphones, I bought a set of skull candy Bluetooth buds where the band sits round your neck and it works a treat.
I just listen to radio x or mainly absolute 80s😂
So much better then have to talk to my brain all day🤪
My cousin is a presenter on radio x... but think he has a night time slot.

nathankaye

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »

Spotify!

It does use data , from google search it’s about 40mb an hour. However , I get 3gb a month of data and I use it about 3/4 hours a day and don’t use all my allowance.

You also have the option to go premium, first month free. Its a tenner a month but you can store your play list and listen to it whilst working without the need of wifi/mobile data.
For the amount of variety you get on spotify, I think its worth it. It saves fumblng for your phone when the small advert comes on offering you the chance of watching a small advert for 30mins uninterrupted music
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:16 pm »
So  , i got Spotify today after nearly launching my phone in the air due to the nasty app i was using !

I just checked the usage and it appears that i am going to either bolt on more gigs or go premium to build playlists for offline .

Only problem is ........How the hell do you get it , i have tried via the app but it doesnt allow access to get it  ??? ??? ???

Shrek

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:58 pm »
I was actually going to update you on the usage at the end of the month on what I use with Spotify but couldn’t find the thread lol
From the beginning of the month , using it for around 4 hrs a day , so far Iv used 1.3gb of data. With giffgaff , I get 4gb a month for £12 , so it easily does me without going premium

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 09:53:30 pm »
 ??? ??? ???
I switched mine on at 1 today and in 3 hours i used a quarter of a gig !
So if i had done monday to friday at 3 hour a day since the start of the month i would be up to 3.5 gig by now !

How many days have you worked at 4 hours since the start of the month , i must be getting raped for my data  :o