This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

The proud finish
« on: March 09, 2018, 10:46:30 am »
Sorry chaps but ive finished the last bits on the van and just had to share as Im proud of this one.
It only taken about 4 reshuffles within 2 years to finally get it where I really like it.
Most of you were right, the simpler it is the better

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: The proud finish
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:08:10 am »
Nice one. 👍
Comfortably Numb!

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 11:44:56 am »
Yep clean and simple looks good, but won't the carpet start to smell and get mouldy wants it starts getting wet all the time.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 12:23:59 pm »
Yep clean and simple looks good, but won't the carpet start to smell and get mouldy wants it starts getting wet all the time.

I have an extractor van in the roof, my fittings are tight and as off yet not sprung a leak and I always shake off excess water from the brush before I slide it into the gutter so therr wont be any drips.

There might be a time when something might leak but they are just carpet tiles which can easily be replaced one tile at a time.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:36:27 pm »
Nathan if you ever get fed up with window cleaning you could always get a job on Blue Peter, lol, nice job.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:38:52 pm »
Nathan if you ever get fed up with window cleaning you could always get a job on Blue Peter, lol, nice job.

;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 02:43:56 pm »
Cant wait to get my van completed, doing my nut in having trailing wires and stuff everywhere at the moment.
i find Its much more pleasant to work with a well organised van with just the basic things needed for the day (must be a mental thing for me, i hate clutter)

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 07:03:52 pm »
yes keep it simple and neat and tidy...it all helps with work efficiency.....everything in its place..... works for me.....

ive got rid of my cones though nathan....... ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 08:32:29 pm »
yes keep it simple and neat and tidy...it all helps with work efficiency.....everything in its place..... works for me.....

ive got rid of my cones though nathan....... ;D

I hardly use them now, but if I venture into a new area I still use them till people are familiar with me. But sadly I still have areas where I work where some of the local idiots will try it on and pretend to fall etc and try claiming.  So they come in handy still.

Though one time someone tried telling me that if it went to court it makes no difference legally if I use them or not.  Told them that if ive taken every step possible for an accident not to take place then surely itsdown to the individual not seeing a bright coloured hose and bright yellow caution signs.
Lol, though the blind have no chance
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 04:05:11 pm »
I’m not sure if they’re all proud, but they produce a surprising amount of good racing drivers.

Phil J

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 04:18:34 pm »
I'd bin the carpet if I where you Nathan. Going to smell like a wet dog!

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 05:50:41 pm »
I'd bin the carpet if I where you Nathan. Going to smell like a wet dog!

Thats only if i get them wet and I dont see how thats going to happen? especially as its only this shelf and the back board which is carpeted.  Only if i spring a leak on the hose reel, which if it ever happens will be a quick fix and perhaps a change of one tile.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 06:36:51 pm »
When I had my connect , it had lovely carpet in the back. It was also the 1st thing I ripped out. I get drips from my brush after disconnecting from the reel. I also sometimes get PS on the controller and have to disconnect a hose which causes a spillage. Maybe Lino would’ve been a better choice (in my van anyway)  :)
Looks nice & tidy though!

Phil J

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 10:11:52 pm »
Sorry Nathan,
Your always going to get moister in the back of your van during the winter months. Your Micro bore dragging through snow, mud, puddles etc. Bin the carpet!

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 10:34:44 pm »
I might come back on this thread in 6months and say you guys are right, but I doubt it.
I wind my hose in with a cloth which dries and gets the crud off of the hose before its on the reel.  I dont normally disconnect my pole hose from the main hose. Before I put the brush/pole into the van I shake off the excess water, always have. Dont you guys do that?
My van is insulated and my roof also plus an extractor fan and a heated 500litre tank. My vans been dry for the last 2 years apart from the early days when I used to overfill the tank and I dont make those ruckie mistakes any more
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 03:38:39 pm »
If I may be so bold  ;D
One improvement would be exceeds tublesss. I know, I know you wrap the hose around you and do the Dowie doe, but that with a univalve you make your set up perfect.
Simple and clean layout
Tony

andyM

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »
Would the budget not stretch to a Persian Rug, Nathan?

One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 05:41:28 pm »
If I may be so bold  ;D
One improvement would be exceeds tublesss. I know, I know you wrap the hose around you and do the Dowie doe, but that with a univalve you make your set up perfect.
Simple and clean layout
Tony

Yep, i hear what your saying but your still dragging your connections on the floor unless your using  pole hose as the main hose as well.  Plus picking it up to take to the next job, whereas im not dragging no connections nor picking hoses up, simply walk and it follows
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 05:41:46 pm »
Would the budget not stretch to a Persian Rug, Nathan?

;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

tlwcs

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 06:13:17 pm »
If I may be so bold  ;D
Simple and clean layout
Tony

Yep, i hear what your saying but your still dragging your connections on the floor unless your using  pole hose as the main hose as well.  Plus picking it up to take to the next job, whereas im not dragging no connections nor picking hoses up, simply walk and it follows

Your right! I found the Exceed hose so good I have 100metres of  it on my leccy reel. Must be knocking 2 years now with the same hose.