This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: 10 weeks no reeling in!
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2018, 07:04:55 pm »
90% of people in the gym are doing diddly they are there to look at the crumpet,some blokes are down the gym for years and are no leaner or bigger if you exhaust the muscle you are training properly Daz you’d have have a job pressing a button on an electric reel m8 lol it seriously hurts. If you see a lean man start training and he gets stretch marks he’s juiced his muscles are out growing his skin to quickly for his skin to adjust,dead give away.

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2018, 07:12:15 pm »
i work my muscles hard but not so  cant go to work the next day mate!i dont see the point as ive put on a fair bit of muscle over the last 2 years without having to annihilate the muscles being worked....i dont really want to get any bigger now so its just keeping what ive got and adding a little  here and there.... :)
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2018, 07:56:30 pm »
I was serious training low reps heavy as you can manage to complete exhaustion,we would do chest all at once just exhausting the muscle,we would do 4 plates either side and drop a 20kilo plate off till we were left with the bar. We trained every muscle like this it’s the way to build mass,then calf’s with chest and that was it the complete workout used to take individually about 15-20 minutes calf’s and chest then on the bike for 30 minutes

I did 4 plates a side once, was scary! was doing a gram of test a week though, felt like superman on berroca.

paul alan

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2018, 07:59:19 pm »
90% of people in the gym are doing diddly they are there to look at the crumpet,some blokes are down the gym for years and are no leaner or bigger if you exhaust the muscle you are training properly Daz you’d have have a job pressing a button on an electric reel m8 lol it seriously hurts. If you see a lean man start training and he gets stretch marks he’s juiced his muscles are out growing his skin to quickly for his skin to adjust,dead give away.

I remember doing a bill star 5x5 routine back in the day, 5 compound movements 3x per week.

If you pushed hard you were in agony the next day, I cant train to failure anymore as I wont recover.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2018, 08:01:34 pm »
I never work to exhaustion I’m never sore i use lifting weights to supplement my jujitsu, i look for the perfect match  where in a roll are use no strength whatsoever just frames and techniques, I use strength as a tool if I need it ; I just make sure it’s not my only one ;-) my weightlifting is more to keep my body in alignment than anything else I focus only on size to strength ratio ie being as small as possible yet strong . I do understand wanting to look big and strong I’ve done it myself I was 100kg at 22 yr old and it was fun , I do see the attraction

P @ F

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2018, 08:06:37 pm »
What a bunch o girlies !
I usually do 6 plates on each side , first the dinner plates then i wash the side plates , then warm down on the cutlery  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2018, 08:11:45 pm »
There's some chest puffing going on here tonight!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

paul alan

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:46 pm »
Peacocking! they call it nowadays.

Missing Link

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2018, 10:43:40 pm »
i work my muscles hard but not so  cant go to work the next day mate!i dont see the point as ive put on a fair bit of muscle over the last 2 years without having to annihilate the muscles being worked....i dont really want to get any bigger now so its just keeping what ive got and adding a little  here and there.... :)

The m00bs, mate, you need to get rid of the m00bs.

It's no good being big enough to lift a car, but with a big wobbly set of m00bs on you.  That and being defeated by a flight of stairs. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2018, 10:48:10 pm »
I never work to exhaustion I’m never sore i use lifting weights to supplement my jujitsu,

What do you mean 'work to exhaustion'?  Do you mean you don't lift to failure?

I find if I work a muscle group twice a week on the weights, I don't get DOMs, but with my legs, which only get worked once a week on the weights, they're really sore for a couple of days after.  My arse in particular; it's like someone's injected my gluts with concrete right now from dead lifts and weighted walking lunges.

But running is my primary focus, so I can't work the legs with weights twice a week.

Maybe it's my age (I'm 48)?  I haven't gotten middle-aged before, so I'm unsure.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

NWH

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2018, 11:08:16 pm »
Don’t worry about getting to big Daz people get confused about going to the gym and getting big,you will not get big lifting weights you will get lean,you only get big through diet and the correct amount of steroids for your body weight 6 weeks on 6 weeks off the training part is 15-20% of the results you see walking around with no necks 😂. To become big and lean is not possible without drugs ,they are more abused now than they were in the 90s.

nathankaye

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2018, 11:57:25 pm »
Don’t worry about getting to big Daz people get confused about going to the gym and getting big,you will not get big lifting weights you will get lean,you only get big through diet and the correct amount of steroids for your body weight 6 weeks on 6 weeks off the training part is 15-20% of the results you see walking around with no necks 😂. To become big and lean is not possible without drugs ,they are more abused now than they were in the 90s.

Reminds me a couple of yrs back, me n a mate using a local gym. My buddy was new to the gym scene and there was a small dude who we saw often. Well within 6mnths or so, this small chap was now quite defined and much bigger. My mate said bet he comes in every day  ::)roll.   No buddy, hes getting under the counter help to ballon up.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2018, 12:01:03 am »

you ve obviously not seen the size of me mate..im 6ft 2in and 250lb.i dont need to get any bigger and ive never took a steroid in my life...

you will not get big lifting weights without steroids?what a load of rubbish.....hard training over a few years and eating mainly proper wholesome foods (and very little supplements) has worked for me nigel......

Michael Peterson

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:41 am »
agreed Daz, you wanna get big eat more, you might not be able to get AS big as Ronnie Coleman, but why would you want to, functional fitness is where its at!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2018, 06:20:08 am »
Tosh, i worded it badly, I mean ill never work to have Doms the next day as ill be training and it effects my rolls, the same as if you have sore legs before running :-)

zesty

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:31 am »
lazy git....how old are you?35?or 85?

i honestly dont have a problem reeling in with a fixed manual reel.mines a cox reel and its virtually effortless.....

I cant believe you dont have a leccy reel daz, you have a brand new van and hot water to make your life as easy as possible and one item that does make a noticaeble difference is a leccy reel. And you dont have one  :o

i dont have a problem with reeling in mate...no shoulder problems,no weak arms,no neck problems.i dont find it hard work....if anything it gives a short cardio benefit which is a good thing IMO.....

Daz, I’m 29, in good shape, fit and healthy, but that’s not the reason I got an electric reel, the reason for me was I want to spend the least amount of time at work as possible and the least amount of energy - so I can have more time and energy in the gym/cycling.

It’s completely non essential, granted, but for me I couldn’t ever go back to manual reeling, not because of fitness or muscle issues, but because electric is so much faster and more efficient for both work, body and time.

Try one, you’ll love it  ;D

zesty

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2018, 08:17:00 am »
Since when does it become a discussion of how fit a person is for them to have or not have an electric reel.

When someone says:

your body is bound to have wear and tear from repetitive movements

Tosh,

Repetitive strain is well documented surely? Office workers can often get carpel tunnel or bad wrists from typing all day, that’s one end of the spectrum for rsi.

For us, doing the exact same movements day in and day out is bound to take its toll.

I agree the body needs worked, and a seditary life style isn’t good. The best balance would be physical exercise, and the easiest and lightest work day as possible. Work isn’t really exercise, yes it burns some calories, but it’s not exertion, just wear and tear. 

Have a look at someone has done manual work there whole life, there knees, elbows, backs are usually in a real state.

Was talking to the carpet fitter last week, (had new carpet fitted in spare room) and he was saying all the fitters are shot to bits. There knees, fingers and lower backs. Most retire in there 50’s because they just can’t carry on.

Same with some builders, a lot of them suffer from wear and tear.

Then there’s someone like my dad, 60, in good health and shape, but didn’t have a manual job. Though he did train in be gym most of his life and was a bit of a fitness fanatic. This has kept him healthy. Had he been a carpet fitter, I’m sure he’d be suffering in some way from RSI.

So I tend to agree, certain jobs aren’t really beneficial for mobility, they cause strain.

I’m now stretching daily to keep limber, and having a sports massage monthly for the back. I think we need to look after our muscles in this type of work, keeping on top of the niggles is key.

I do also agree with tosh, running is actually good for you, but probably not so helpful if your a carpet fitter as well :o

Michael Peterson

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2018, 09:43:21 am »
Running is fantastic humans are one of the only animals that would never need to stop they can run/walk forever , road running can he hard on the knees and you must not be heel striking etc I agree though tosh and he wife are evidence of the benefits of running

dazmond

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2018, 09:46:21 am »
agreed Daz, you wanna get big eat more, you might not be able to get AS big as Ronnie Coleman, but why would you want to, functional fitness is where its at!

who wants to look like guys like ronnie coleman?not me!in fact any of the pro bodybuilders.they are all freaks blown up on juice....

dazmond

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2018, 09:48:30 am »
Running is fantastic humans are one of the only animals that would never need to stop they can run/walk forever , road running can he hard on the knees and you must not be heel striking etc I agree though tosh and he wife are evidence of the benefits of running

i hate running,always have.im not built for running!i prefer cycling,swimming and brisk walking.......i think tosh and his missus are crazy.i dont get it... ;D