This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: 10 weeks no reeling in!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 11:13:50 pm »
lazy git....how old are you?35?or 85?

i honestly dont have a problem reeling in with a fixed manual reel.mines a cox reel and its virtually effortless.....

I cant believe you dont have a leccy reel daz, you have a brand new van and hot water to make your life as easy as possible and one item that does make a noticaeble difference is a leccy reel. And you dont have one  :o

i dont have a problem with reeling in mate...no shoulder problems,no weak arms,no neck problems.i dont find it hard work....if anything it gives a short cardio benefit which is a good thing IMO.....

A short cardio benefit  :D haha daz that did make me chuckle.

Fair enough. when I got one I noticed the benefit, slightly faster reeling it but mainly less fatiguing and just saved having to bend over and make the effort. I would like it to using an extreme brush over a vikan. Yeh I can use both but why make the job harder than it needs to be.

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 04:53:48 am »

i honestly dont have a problem reeling in with a fixed manual reel.mines a cox reel and its virtually effortless.....

I’m surprised you haven’t gone electric yet daz.

No matter how effortless the cox reel
Is, it’s got to take a toll on your shoulder.

I love my electric reels.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

the king

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 06:08:36 am »
i love my power up hd but its a battery killer i was killing my 75amp batterys in 6 months so have just upgraded to 110 amp

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 06:25:09 am »

Hes convincing himself that he doesnt need one, a bit like how he tried to convince himself that hot wasnt needed................ So keeo watching this space, he'll end up buying one
 ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

tlwcs

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 06:28:19 am »
Now I think that an electric reel is one of the extras that woul make a difference to your day . Rather spend on this than an expensive hot water set up 😁

Tris

each to their own...you ve obviously not used piping hot purified water to clean windows,fascias,soffits,gutters and conny roofs then..... ;)

Dazmond s right of course until he gets one and then he'll be right again.
No drama, its Dazmond.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 07:46:49 am »
I took a very different approach which I am very happy with.

I use 30 metres of pole hose spliced into about 60/70 metres of microbore. This means that for the majority of my jobs I am just flicking very light hose around and reeling in very light hose too.

If I know I need a lot to get to the far end of a property I can walk to a "pinch" point, drag and loop up lots of hose and carry it to the far point. (lighter to carry than loops of microbore)

Haven't sprung a leak in a year now and very pleased. Also when I replace it I only buy 30 metres and hose joiners as the microbore rarely gets pulled out and gets little wear and tear.

It's the green pole hose from Gardiners - (THEY DO NOT GUARANTEE IT AS A MAIN REEL HOSE) - and its no cheaper than microbore but it works very well for me.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:26 am »

no it doesnt.....ill only reel in 3 times today....shoulders are fine(i worked them hard last night in the gym too)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 08:36:13 am »
Now I think that an electric reel is one of the extras that woul make a difference to your day . Rather spend on this than an expensive hot water set up 😁

Tris

each to their own...you ve obviously not used piping hot purified water to clean windows,fascias,soffits,gutters and conny roofs then..... ;)

Dazmond s right of course until he gets one and then he'll be right again.
No drama, its Dazmond.

if i start having shoulder problems/other injuries ill probably get one but until then its a non issue....

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 08:40:09 am »
i love my power up hd but its a battery killer i was killing my 75amp batterys in 6 months so have just upgraded to 110 amp

ive already got my diesel heater and pump/controller taking a lot out of my batteries(2 x 105 numax).....i dont need another power source draining them even more when im out and about....

jonboywalton75

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 08:42:27 am »

I cant believe you dont have a leccy reel daz, you have a brand new van and hot water to make your life as easy as possible and one item that does make a noticaeble difference is a leccy reel. And you dont have one  :o

Now you've said that, Daz will have one within 6 months

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 09:18:31 am »
I took a very different approach which I am very happy with.

I use 30 metres of pole hose spliced into about 60/70 metres of microbore. This means that for the majority of my jobs I am just flicking very light hose around and reeling in very light hose too.

If I know I need a lot to get to the far end of a property I can walk to a "pinch" point, drag and loop up lots of hose and carry it to the far point. (lighter to carry than loops of microbore)

Haven't sprung a leak in a year now and very pleased. Also when I replace it I only buy 30 metres and hose joiners as the microbore rarely gets pulled out and gets little wear and tear.

It's the green pole hose from Gardiners - (THEY DO NOT GUARANTEE IT AS A MAIN REEL HOSE) - and its no cheaper than microbore but it works very well for me.
Thats my setup exactly , for winter anyway !
In summer 100m of the green goes on .
Then its all pulled in with electric drill .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 09:23:09 am »
Give Damond a break he already has to clean 2000 properties a year just to cover his ongoing expenses and your looking him to
add more. lol.

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:16 am »
I think the height of your reel is important as to whether you feel fatigued by manually reeling it in and also the hose you use.
I have a pickup and the mounted reel ( waist height with green pu pole hose ) is the perfect height to be effortless when reeling in. It would just be a pointless expense for me and something else to go wrong. If I were to be using a van and with heavier hose on a reel mounted lower I could see how it may become an issue for some though.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 10:46:15 am »
LOl I too can’t believe you don’t have 1 Daz I thought you did,you have the Ferrari but no key yet.It has changed everything in my working day no more shoulder click or lower back pain as well as being worn out reeling it’s harder than the job Itself reeling in all day.

Missing Link

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 02:32:25 pm »
"Reet, Pet, when you've finished that, reel the hoses in and I'll knock and chit!"

She closes the van doors too.

Job jobbed.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 06:14:45 pm »
LOl I too can’t believe you don’t have 1 Daz I thought you did,you have the Ferrari but no key yet.It has changed everything in my working day no more shoulder click or lower back pain as well as being worn out reeling it’s harder than the job Itself reeling in all day.

all i can say is you must be really out of shape and unfit if you think winding in a reel a few times a day is hard work nigel...... ::)roll

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 07:34:54 pm »

all i can say is you must be really out of shape and unfit if you think winding in a reel a few times a day is hard work nigel...... ::)roll

Prevention is better than cure mate.

In a few years as you get older your body is bound to have wear and tear from repetitive movements like we do day in and day out.

Make life easy for yourself.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Missing Link

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 08:23:33 pm »

Prevention is better than cure mate.

In a few years as you get older your body is bound to have wear and tear from repetitive movements like we do day in and day out.

Make life easy for yourself.

I think all those things that make life too easy, weaken our bodies and make us soft.  Stuff like lumbar support back rests, weaken the back, or arch support running shoes, weaken the feet.

Human bodies are designed to move.

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:36 pm »
I went overtop electric a few months back. Best move I ever made.

Now when I tug one off it means I can use my left hand as much as me right and we all know what that feels like.

Missing Link

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2018, 08:36:56 pm »
Now when I tug one off it means I can use my left hand as much as me right and we all know what that feels like.

Miles O'Brian disagrees with you: