Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Am I being picky?
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:51:10 pm »
New carpets laid couple of weeks...just noticed this when sat watching telly last night...am I being picky or is it worth getting them back?....the carpet firm who supplied the carpets and fitters have this written on their invoice..."Your contract for fitting is with the fitter, NOT THE SHOP!"..they supplied the fitters so I feel they should shoulder some responsibility is this right?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Nobby

Re: Am I being picky?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:56:11 pm »
No, you’re not being picky at all the carpet needs a restrech.  Did you pay the fitter or the shop for the fitting? 

JandS

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:24:44 pm »
Fitter unfortunately.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:49:41 pm »
I’m sure that if you buy the carpet from the shop and they organise the fitter however you pay then the contract is with the supplier.

Adam Eastman

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 05:35:47 pm »
Carpetright and many others will have this on their invoice. In reality if you have a small problem and ring the store I can't imagine they will have an issue sending the fitter back, but if there where a bigger issue, the invoice gives them the power to riggle out of responsibility and leave it between you and the fitter to sort.

When they do come back to resolve or even beforehand, check they have used gripper in front on the fire place. Quite often the sub floor in front of this will be concrete and if the fitter was feeling lazy they may have just spray glued the carpet to the underlay in this area, which is why it is bubbling up.

JandS

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 06:19:01 pm »
There's a proper carpet fitter at the end of our road whose windows I clean.
He came round last night and said he can't feel a gripper at the front of the fireplace...he also said that they could have cut an extra quarter of an inch off one end and stretched it to fit better at the ends of the room as it's bubbling up there too and same upstairs on landing.
The worse thing is though...whilst he was checking a particular spot on the landing he lifted the carpet and the carpet is peeling from the backing.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 06:41:31 pm »
Take pics and raise your concerns with the manager the delamination doesn’t sound good.

JandS

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »
Done it Shaun going there tomorrow.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:52 pm »
I could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere before that if there is ever any problem with a service then the company you called and arranged the work are responsible not the sub-contractor. I'm not sure writing on the invoice that the sub-contractor (fitter) is responsible will wash in a court of law with any claim.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 04:47:28 pm »
Couldn't have been nicer...fitter came back and re stretched....they're replacing hall and stairs that have delaminated.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »
A result good firm to deal with that’s how it should be done.