Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

Belgian Wilton New
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:06:25 pm »
Hi Carpet cleaning Gurus out there.... good customer whose upholstery I have cleaned and just viewed nxt stuff on ground floor also asked me about her carpet. Its  a light backgound Axy look, but deffo B/W.. I have had a bad experience in the past with one of these and certainly dont intend to use my T/M hwe to clean the lounge and stairs to 1st floor.
Have advised carpet may pull on edges whatever way its cleaned . I have texatherm gear, but im thinking this may even put down too much moisture?
Whats the foolproof way to clean ,and not claim on my insurance .... Thanks Simon

scott johns

Re: belgian Wilton
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 08:02:53 pm »
check all edges  are well fitted to gripper rods and you should be fine we clean a lot of these as they are quiet common we always hwe them followed by turbo dryers also check if there is a join as these can pull
away if not a good join.

edward coller

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:36:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply, have you had any shrink on you...and if gripper not good, do you walk away... Ive had well fixed gripper pull out, and then impossible for fitter to r-e stretch back on. do you prespay and agitate, and interested on type of machine you use for extraction. Thanks Simon.

cleanability

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:47:51 pm »
Its a no brainer...walk away. Why put yourself under pressure.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:28 am »
How bad is it? Bonneting can give results.

I just use the truckmount, turn the heat up really high, turn down the pressure and use good wand technique. I also use the wand to dry vac all the clean areas and only wet clean the traffic lanes which need it.

Belgian Wilton’s can be a risk but I haven’t shrunk one on 20 yrs and the only one I have  relaxed and strtched 4 days later.  I could walk away from them but how does at help the customers? It might be a BW but to the customer  it still needs cleaning
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:33 pm »
If you have Texatherm system then that’s ideal
Lightly prespray advanced cleaner in 2 or 3 mt sections  then bonnet using neutraliser  and then turbo dry

Should come up great
IICRC

edward coller

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 02:49:43 pm »
Thanks again guys for your replies appreciate all your suggestions

scott johns

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:55:56 pm »
200psi prespray heavy soiled areas lightly high heat plenty dry passes turbo dry always works just
don't over wet