This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chopsie

Cleaning top of frames
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:00:31 pm »
Do you all clean the top frame on every clean and then move directly onto the glass below. I tend to just do the top frame when its looking a bit dirty, possibly every 3-4 cleans, but this then makes it almost like a first clean as i move round each frame first and then come back to the first window when the drips have stopped. i was told a long time ago to avoid the top frames as much as possible as it will only cause problems?
chopsie

Steve Newres

Re: Cleaning top of frames
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »
Do you all clean the top frame on every clean and then move directly onto the glass below. I tend to just do the top frame when its looking a bit dirty, possibly every 3-4 cleans, but this then makes it almost like a first clean as i move round each frame first and then come back to the first window when the drips have stopped. i was told a long time ago to avoid the top frames as much as possible as it will only cause problems?
I generally clean the top frame unless it has vents that look like they’ll cause a problem. Then I’ll do like you. Avoid them until they look like they need a clean.

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:05:48 pm »
I do all the frame every time , i just see it as leaving any out is making trouble for yourself in the longrun , you scrub the poop out of it on a first clean , so why not keep on top of it .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:09:16 pm »
I do all the frame every time , i just see it as leaving any out is making trouble for yourself in the longrun , you scrub the poop out of it on a first clean , so why not keep on top of it .
Do you wait for the drips to stop like on a first clean or go directly onto the glass below straight away?
chopsie

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:11 pm »
All i do on repeat cleans is to wash the frames top to bottom then  go onto glass top to bottom , no waiting for drips or moving to another window and coming back , if you have done a good job of the first clean it should not be an issue with runs , in 12 years of working like this i have only ever had 1 window cause me a problem , and that is the mother in laws front room with 2 top openers that always drip a bit of white in the middle of lower pane , if she ever complains then she is dumped  ;D ;D ;D 

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 06:27:48 pm »
for most windows i clean the top frames every time....however i know which windows cause me trouble(usually dodgy rubber seals)so i dont clean these top frames for months and months and just clean them when they look dirty.for  ground floor frames with dodgy seals i use a cloth for the top frames.
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 06:44:48 pm »
Top frames are no different from the middle frames between the panes of glass.   So why would you leave the top frame and then clean the middle frame above the lower glass ? 

Only exception are those air vents.  Just run the brush over them with water turned off.

Also make sure when cleaning the top frames you are not making contact with the brick work.  That will cause runs.

Remember how wfp works.  Scrub the dirt loose and rinse off. So as long as you rinse the top frame avoiding brick work you won't have any problems.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 06:49:13 pm »
I perhaps do them every 2nd or 3rd clean.  After the first clean, they dont seem to get dirty. Or at least thats my experience any way, but I like to keep on top of them. Even on 2nd or 3rd clean they arent really that dirty.
So once ive cleaned the top frame its straight onto the glass. But the downstairs windows i usually do side on. So because Im using 6 jets on a 14inch brush, im cleaning frame and window at the same time, so by time my last jet is rinsing the glass directly below the top frame, 2 or 3 jets have already rinsed the window.

I also clean those stick out air vents on windows on a first clean and wait untill clear water is running through. Then again every 2nd or 3rd clean I run over them again.  (i have a vid on my you tube channel showing this). Never had a problem with them this way. Admittedly the first clean takes a long time but then I charge accordingly.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 06:55:33 pm »
Top frames are no different from the middle frames between the panes of glass.   So why would you leave the top frame and then clean the middle frame above the lower glass ? 

Only exception are those air vents.  Just run the brush over them with water turned off.

Also make sure when cleaning the top frames you are not making contact with the brick work.  That will cause runs.

Remember how wfp works.  Scrub the dirt loose and rinse off. So as long as you rinse the top frame avoiding brick work you won't have any problems.

I disagree mate.SOME  top frames WILL cause you trouble from runs from dodgy rubber seals and are best avoided IMO unless dirty.then when they do get cleaned i do the top frame first,go and clean another window or two,come back to the window and just clean the glass making sure i rinse just under the rubber seal.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 06:59:37 pm »

I disagree mate.SOME  top frames WILL cause you trouble from runs from dodgy rubber seals and are best avoided IMO unless dirty.then when they do get cleaned i do the top frame first,go and clean another window or two,come back to the window and just clean the glass making sure i rinse just under the rubber seal.

Yes that's on the odd bad window chap..

But most are fine.  As long as you clean it every time the seals should be ok.    No different if the seals are bad on the middle frame between pains.

I never have problems
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »
as for air vents ive never had a single problem in nearly 8 years of wfp.just makes sure you dont squirt water up them!i clean them with my water on.

chopsie

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:12 pm »
I've got quite a few with those crap dodgy black seals that drip water forever and a day Dazmond. Drives me crazy, thats what puts me off doing tops all of the time. i want/need to work more efficiently and productively but do not want to risk the quality. I started cleaning at the end of 2009 and after a couple of years i went back to my old construction job. I've recently bought my old round back and am feeling like a new starter at times. Suppose its just trial and error, I use way too much water, i have a 400 litre tank and that only covers £100-£120 worth of work. I need to up my game!! suppose its a confidence thing
chopsie

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:04 pm »
Dont lose faith Chopsie , you are almost there mate , I started in 05 with a 175L tank and was empty by 12 every day and needed to refill , i then added a 250 , that was not enough so had the 175 and a 350 which was enough  ;D

Now 12 years in i have cut back to just a 250 alone , ok , i only do 5 hours a day tops ,  but today i did from 10.30 to 3 , i made £140 and came home with just under 50 L left in the tank , its a learning curve that takes time thats all , im no big earner but i do what i want to do and go home with enough wedge to pay what needs paying, and have a bit for a rainy day  ;)   

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 08:46:59 pm »
Yes we clean everything every time no problems then , initial clean takes longer but worth it in the long run

DeLuce

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 09:17:39 pm »
Yes we clean everything every time no problems then , initial clean takes longer but worth it in the long run

^as this man says above 👍🏼
Everything every time  :D

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 09:32:06 pm »
Good thing about these type of posts is you get to see who the Splash and Dash merchants are  ;D ;D ;D

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »
I thought it was normal to include the top frame  ???

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 09:50:46 pm »
Thats how you become the elusive £400 a day man , you leave out the frames , Bodger and Badger mash potato stylee  ;D

jonny thompson

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 12:20:33 pm »
Surely those who clean the top frame every time must get water run marks with the old style rubber seals?

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:50 pm »
What exactly is an old style rubber seal ?