This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Van sole trader VAT
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 04:12:56 pm »
You also pay vat I your car its just in the forecourt price not shown separately

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 05:13:37 pm »
I was thinking of leasing a van like Dazmond but again you are hit with the vat every time you make a payment.

I buy vans with 30000-  40000 miles , Private sale , a few years old then sell them when they have done 70,000 or so.
Now I would like something a little newer with less miles .

Tris

just put some of your work up to cover the monthly rental and dont worry about it. :)

this is what i did......and when any customers moaned i told them it was to pay for my new van as i was sick to death of driving about in old vans that were unreliable....they understood. :)
I wouldnt say the price has gone up to pay for the new van, the customers will object to that. You will get” why should we pay towards your van? “
 Just tell them you need to increase prices due to cost of living. .
Cheers Rich

Steve Newres

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 05:47:55 pm »
I’m buying a van tomorrow. A year old base model Custom from a Citroen dealer. Still two years warranty and the VAT I can reclaim. I reckon I’ll be on flat rate for another 6-12 months and therefore leasing isn’t an option as the vat can’t be reclaimed.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »
I was thinking of leasing a van like Dazmond but again you are hit with the vat every time you make a payment.

I buy vans with 30000-  40000 miles , Private sale , a few years old then sell them when they have done 70,000 or so.
Now I would like something a little newer with less miles .

Tris

just put some of your work up to cover the monthly rental and dont worry about it. :)

this is what i did......and when any customers moaned i told them it was to pay for my new van as i was sick to death of driving about in old vans that were unreliable....they understood. :)
I wouldnt say the price has gone up to pay for the new van, the customers will object to that. You will get” why should we pay towards your van? “
 Just tell them you need to increase prices due to cost of living. .

nope no customers objected mate.without a decent van they aint got a window cleaner! :)

some of my customers ive had me for over 20 years and seen me turn up in some old bangers over the years.they say i deserve a decent van(and they would be right!) :)
price higher/work harder!