Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

New fiat doblo (blue and me)
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:39 pm »
Does anyone have a new fiat doblo tecnico  with the blue and me option (roughly 15 reg onwards with the sat nav mount). Just wondering if you get the blue and me to sync with the van or if the van is installed with  blue and me. 
Also if you have the euro 5 or 6 engine (but not ecojet model) do you know if you have a smart alternator fitted?
I've Just received a  new Doblo tecnico and have a few teething issues but get the same response from the dealership (regarding technical questions) as i would asking my 4 year old  ;D.
 Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Spruce

Re: New fiat doblo (blue and me)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:39:09 am »
Does anyone have a new fiat doblo tecnico  with the blue and me option (roughly 15 reg onwards with the sat nav mount). Just wondering if you get the blue and me to sync with the van or if the van is installed with  blue and me. 
Also if you have the euro 5 or 6 engine (but not ecojet model) do you know if you have a smart alternator fitted?
I've Just received a  new Doblo tecnico and have a few teething issues but get the same response from the dealership (regarding technical questions) as i would asking my 4 year old  ;D.
 Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Does this help? Blue and me will come loaded with the vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsday33XocA

According to Wikipedia, add on modules would be able to be added, presuming though your mobile phone's bluetooth connection. If this is correct, then you would need a wifi signal to your phone to save on mobile internet data usage.

The best way to find out how your alternator behaves is to buy one of those cheap voltmeters that plug into the cigarette lighter and watch what happens when you drive around.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-CAR-VAN-12v-24v-BATTERY-VOLT-VOLTAGE-METER-MONITOR-FOR-CARAVANS-Motorhome/201459532152?hash=item2ee7ec8178:g:4lAAAOxy7nNTQWAS

If the voltage stays at around 14+ volts then the alternator has a conventional charging system and you will be able to use a VSR or SCR to charge your leisure battery. If the alternator's charge rate drops to 12v then Fiat have some sort of charging system regulation to reduce emissions. You will then need a B2B charger.
I don't think Fiat have introduced regenerative braking and charging on the small engined diesels, but things can change very quickly.

This guy says that the sat nav is TomTom based.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOauK8VcoqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAT-rJyen5E

As you can move your Tom Tom device to other Fiats I would probably update the Tom Tom via my computer using usb. You get free upgrade maps for a year and then you have to start paying for them.

I have a Tom Tom Sat Nav and I never did get the free upgrades for the first year. Eventually I managed to get the program to work several years later and have upgraded the UK and Ireland maps once which I did last year. I bought the Sat Nav in 2008.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:08:30 am »
Hi Spruce

I got the tomtom 2 blue and me but just can't get the blue and me synced with the van, i think maybe i got confused with thinking blue and me  was installed in the van, but now think it's just the tomtom that has blue and me capability and normal bluetooth in the van (i have got the free first year with the tomtom) but to be honest hardly ever use them, it just came as part of the van package.
Thanks for the alternator advice, i purposely did not get the ecojet model engine as that included the start/stop and smart alternator these were all extras, so i'm hoping i've got a standard one  but it is a euro 6 engine.

Scrimble

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:32:58 am »
the blue and me is only pre facelift, the facelift has a different system which is similar but I think easier to use. you sync the van with your phone, go into the settings menu and select sync, do the same with the Bluetooth on your phone, make sure you set both bt audio and phone to be connected to your phone, when they are a bt symbol comes up on the stereo display

only the eco-jet has the smart alternator, the new ones are all euro 6 emissions

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:36:40 am »
The tomtom just charges in the port it cannot connect to the vans Bluetooth system, the 1 year subscription is the tomtom live traffic

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:44:20 am »
the blue and me is only pre facelift, the facelift has a different system which is similar but I think easier to use. you sync the van with your phone, go into the settings menu and select sync, do the same with the Bluetooth on your phone, make sure you set both bt audio and phone to be connected to your phone, when they are a bt symbol comes up on the stereo display

only the eco-jet has the smart alternator, the new ones are all euro 6 emissions
Thanks mate, got all the bluetooth working with my phone just thought the sat nav would connect to the van with this blue and me, its no big deal anyway, so far very happy overall with the van.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »
As has been said, the Tom Tom has its maps on the device itself. The inbuilt system just controls how it operates and of course give you hands free with controls on the steering wheel.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)