Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clean Cloth

Pricing for Gutter clearing, FSG and Windows.
« on: January 20, 2018, 06:08:10 pm »
I have been asked to view this property next weekend to give the owner a price to clear out the gutters, clean the FSG and clean all windows, frames, sills and doors on this semi detached house in the East Midlands.

The owner tells me he has lived there for 6 years and none of the above have ever been cleaned while he  has lived there and there is green algea on some of the UPVC.

How much would you charge for the complete job or separately if you prefer?

Jonny Swirljet

Re: Pricing for Gutter clearing, FSG and Windows.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 06:46:34 pm »
If I were you I'd be interested to see if there's a conservatory in the back garden which he expects the gutters cleaned out as well. If the conservatory has a gully at the rear, these can be a nightmare and very time consuming to clean. Also cleaning above a conservatory with carbon poles has to be thought through because you may end up damaging his conservatory roof glass or making it dirty which he will expect you to put right. 

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:36:45 pm »
Photo doesn’t show a lot to be fair but assuming there isn’t a conservatory to empty the gutters with a vac £80 to clean gfs £75 windows £25

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:44:19 pm »
I wouldn't offer to do the gutter clearing so just the  f/s/g outside clean and windows £120 and be done and dusted in less than 2 hours. I would also clean any downpipes, garage doors etc for him for that price too.
price higher/work harder!

Clean Cloth

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:52 am »
Yes as you say it depends if there is a conservatory at the rear but thanks for the prices, I will keep them in mind.

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:11:50 am »
I wouldn't offer to do the gutter clearing so just the  f/s/g outside clean and windows £120 and be done and dusted in less than 2 hours. I would also clean any downpipes, garage doors etc for him for that price too.

There would be little point cleaning the fascias, gutters and downpipes without clearing them out first.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Steve Newres

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 11:40:31 am »

There would be little point cleaning the fascias, gutters and downpipes without clearing them out first.

John
They may not need clearing. We regularly clean without clearing.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 11:59:56 am »
Probably something like £150 all in.

Window s, clean and clear fsg

Wouldnt expect to get it but that's what I'd want to do it.

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 12:41:33 pm »
From google earth it doesn’t look like they’ve a conny but your better off asking before you submit a quote, just looks like a flat roof extension underneath the back bedroom window

tlwcs

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 01:08:07 pm »
East Midlands, are they likely to barter?  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 01:17:02 pm »
Skegness  :)

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 01:44:46 pm »

John
They may not need clearing. We regularly clean without clearing.

I do as well, but I always first of all check with the customers exactly what they are asking me to do.

The OP mentions clearing out as well as fsg clean etc.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 10:37:38 pm »

John

i dont offer a gutter clearing service johnny.....
price higher/work harder!