This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Newres

Opinions on cold water systems.
« on: December 17, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »
With all the fuss about hot, has anyone that uses cold ever felt that hot is really just about having warm hands? Did any of you try wearing gloves? I can honestly say that other than getting caught out a couple of times with an unexpected severe overnight dip in temperature when there was a delay whilst deforsoting , the lack of a hot system has never cost any work. I’m in the south so obviously it’s not so extreme here.

Dry Clean

Re: Opinions on cold water systems.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »
Solving non existing problems is what running a business is all about, thought you would have realised that by now. Lol.

robbo333

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 01:36:31 pm »
I only use cold and I'm in Bournemouth, where the weather has been very kind to us (so far)!
Cleaning wise, I'm quite happy that I can get rid of snail trails, bird poo etc quite efficiently. And only using an Extreme brush.
I use Showa 282 Temres gloves to keep me pinkies warm.
My main hose is Gardiners reinforced pole hose which behaves itself quite well, I think the slightly thicker lining helps.
This year I have lagged all my van hoses and connectors and made a pump box, which is also partially insulated.
At night I drain most of the water from the reel, and cover reel and pump box with a duvet. Pole comes indoors.
So far so good, see how it goes.
I am actually quite happy with my cold setup.
Having said all that, my van is in a parking area, which is not near my girlfriend's house; I can't really run hoses or electric to the van.
If I had a drive and a garage I would probably fit an immersion heater, just to satisfy my own curiosity.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:33:42 pm »
Ive been cleaning 3 years with cold, on 3 occasions i had water freezing on the glass first thing in the morning, but i think the same would have happened with hot...never had hoses freeze or be unable to work once out and about.

Missing Link

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:58:24 pm »
I like my immersion heater.  Warm water, nothing frozen in the van (as long as I remember to shut the van door), soft hoses; it's nice and very little trouble.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 08:29:04 pm »
I like the immersion too, its not or cold.

Its just summertime conditions.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 09:33:05 am »
its just nicer to use hot water whatever the time of year and makes window cleaning easier.the problems i had were the hassle of  changing gas bottles,trouble getting the pump to shut off in a reasonable time after turning off my pole tap,blown hoses,leaks etc and the obvious dangers (of which i found out in the end)of using cheap outdoor gas  heaters.immersions looks fine if you have the right upgraded 16 amp sockets and of course the expensive diesel hot boxes.

cold water window cleaning is fine but its defo harder work compared to hot water window cleaning.

price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 11:14:00 am »
its just nicer to use hot water whatever the time of year and makes window cleaning easier.the problems i had were the hassle of  changing gas bottles,trouble getting the pump to shut off in a reasonable time after turning off my pole tap,blown hoses,leaks etc and the obvious dangers (of which i found out in the end)of using cheap outdoor gas  heaters.immersions looks fine if you have the right upgraded 16 amp sockets and of course the expensive diesel hot boxes.

cold water window cleaning is fine but its defo harder work compared to hot water window cleaning.

It does make difference it makes no difference it makes a difference, I think your post says more about you than the effectiveness of using hot.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 11:32:34 am »
I think the truth of this is we all wish we could afford and/or justify a proper hot water system. I know I do, especially this time of year. It’s gotta be more comfy & easier on green frames, first cleans etc.

I just think fair play to the likes if Dazmond & good luck to him. People think by telling everyone there’s no difference all the time that they’ll eventually believe it themselves when really some are  so jealous it’s eating them up inside.

Og

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:50:56 pm »
Just more to go wrong innit.

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »
I think the truth of this is we all wish we could afford and/or justify a proper hot water system. I know I do, especially this time of year. It’s gotta be more comfy & easier on green frames, first cleans etc.

I just think fair play to the likes if Dazmond & good luck to him. People think by telling everyone there’s no difference all the time that they’ll eventually believe it themselves when really some are  so jealous it’s eating them up inside.

Lol, like iv said before you do get some silly replies when it comes to hot.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »
Immersion heaters all the way

Is there a difference yes - better handling of hoses slightly better working conditions and a small increase in productivity and for the small running and installation cost it’s well worth it

But 4K on a heater plus the running costs etc is far to much of an expense vs the benefits  no jealously on those who have them but I’d rather invest in items that give a better return for the money

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Steve Newres

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 04:47:38 pm »

Not sure at all about that. I don’t think there’s a business case for a hot water system in the south. At a guess, in an average year we need heaters in the vans/truck about 6 day’s a year? And as mentioned earlier we’ve never lost any work as a result, so my point is only that they aren’t necessary.

In spite of the above though I reckon if I worked on my own I’d consider one for the comfort. But it isn’t something that a cost benefit analysis would highlight a need for. I’d be more inclined though to get things like a fully fitted system with electric reels.

So absolutely not jealousy at all.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
Thousands on a hot water system, no chance
Sooner spend a few grand upgrading my hi fi
Always liked spending money on fun things.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 05:14:01 pm »
Thousands on a hot water system, no chance
Sooner spend a few grand upgrading my hi fi
Always liked spending money on fun things.

i can afford to spend my money on them fun things too mate. :)

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:23 pm »
Immersion heaters all the way

Is there a difference yes - better handling of hoses slightly better working conditions and a small increase in productivity and for the small running and installation cost it’s well worth it

But 4K on a heater plus the running costs etc is far to much of an expense vs the benefits  no jealously on those who have them but I’d rather invest in items that give a better return for the money

Darran

with all your vans and staff itd be a lot of money for the diesel systems.i dont blame you. ;D

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 05:22:25 pm »

i had a first clean to do today.they were probably the dirtiest windows ive cleaned this year!absolutely minging they were! ::)roll ;D

the hot water defo helped.i also had a few large 12 weekly jobs that were almost like first cleans. ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »
Getting boring now!!!! Same old same old repeat comments.

If you like cold stay cold

If you like hot stay hot

And respect how others want to work.

Job done..

Happy days
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

nathankaye

Re: Opinions on cold water systems. New
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 05:51:48 pm »

If you like hot stay hot

Job done..

Happy days

Thats just it! Its down to personal preference or preference dictated by what you can afford.
For the ones who use HOT for cleaning, we can tell a difference. I dont think anybody has come straight into wfp and used hot water from the start?  So we can recall what it was like using cold compared to hot.  So I dont understand how ones can try and tell us different especially if they only clean with warm or cold water. Or to try and tell us its in our heads and that we've convinced ourselves as that is utter rubbish.

But also if  ones like to use warm water or cold water, so be it. Life would be boring if we all did the same or held the same opinions all the time
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Steve Newres

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 05:57:28 pm »

If you like hot stay hot

Job done..

Happy days

Thats just it! Its down to personal preference or preference dictated by what you can afford.
For the ones who use HOT for cleaning, we can tell a difference. I dont think  anybody has come straight into wfp and used hot water from the start. So we know what it was like using cold and how hot cleans as well. So I dont understand how ones can try and tell us different especially if they only clean with warm or cold water. Or to try and tell us its in our heads and that we've convinced ourselves astbat is utter rubbish.

But alsoif ones liketo use warm wateror cold water, so be it. Life would be boring if we all didthe same or held the same opinions all the time
BFG is local to me for those who remember him and he didn't think there was any benefit to hot. I only mention him because he DID start with a hot system.