This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stormboy

Cleaning P.V.C/Best Product
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:01:58 am »
Just been asked to clean all the plastic on a house, the last one I did I used P.V.C Solvent Cleaner was not that impressed with the product. What is the best product to clean Plastics???
                                 Cheers in advance
                                            Neil

drew86

Re: Cleaning P.V.C/Best Product
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:56:08 am »
Did my own house with jif, no visable scratching but it is abrasive, did a good job tho.
It was this big.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 07:02:38 am »
Dont want to spoil things, but from experience, doesn't jiff make the plastic dull and remove the shine??

Would be interested in how it looks?

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:01:51 am »
I used Cif when it was called Jif and I have to say you would have not noticed any scratching or dullness when the job was finished. It was top rate.

I do however now use a Thompsons UPVC cleaner from Focus £4.99.

Little grey plastic bottle.

Rob ;D

master cleaner

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:53:55 am »
i did a house a couple of months ago and put 3 products to the test Tfr,upvc cleaner , and solvent cleaner. the results were that the tfr and upvc cleaner were about the same but the solvent came out on top by a long way. i used to use jiff and then finish with a good car wax but the solvent does the job even if it does stink

gary

abacus

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:11:16 pm »
 Hi Neil

I used to fit PVCu window  the solent cleaner a good for cleaning off silcone and scuff marks and even some paint drips but be careful some re very strong and will alter4 the surface finish and in some case will take ordiary grim right into the surface the cream type cleaners are very like ciff but usually contain an antistatic to stop dirt jumping back onto the frame  The polished finish can be restored with a "mop head" soft cloth on a circular bass spun in a drill useually an air tool in the factory but will badly mark if you do not know how to use it.
 however if it is very dirty a scourer can be used followed by a soft scourer (white ) with strokes in the same direction up or down the mullions and across on the transums and cills
ciff with bleach works well and will polishup surface rinse well or will be a proble next time you clean the windows

rergards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:32:51 pm »
Soapy water and a power washer, tell punter that old grime and bad marking involves a valet and as such will be very expensive they always go for the cheap and chearfull option soap and water.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

007 or what

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:36:18 am »
wfp all the way

Sir Squeaky

Re: Cleaning P.V.C/Best Product New
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 06:15:40 pm »
Bucket of water with Flash in it (supplied by customer of course... ;)).
One cloth or brush to wash it, one to wipe clean and dry.
Ideally hot water, you need it to shift some grime.

wfp all the way
::) Phew.....