Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Re: Prespray Booster
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 09:11:13 am »
so 15ml  (mg) in your watering can or normal sprayer

45ml in one of these  .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=445WZFtL_sY
Thank you John. Have a nice day

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »
Is trial and error a good Idea when cleaning oriental rugs?

Is using a watering can to prespray an oriental rug a good idea....... with powerburst!!!

Is this for real?

Glynn

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
Robin,
You need to see just how they are cleaned (washed) in their countries.
And hey dont have the so called problems we think about here .
Regards
Glynn

Sergio

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:33 pm »
Is trial and error a good Idea when cleaning oriental rugs?

Is using a watering can to prespray an oriental rug a good idea....... with powerburst!!!

Is this for real?
Dear Robin,if  i use a watering can to prespray, do you recommend me alltec products as chemical?

Sergio

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 02:57:41 pm »
Hi guys,

today i washed a persian rug (Abadeh) using this method:

I wet the rug a lot with low ph water using a watering can.
I wet the rug with water and Prochem Powerburst
Agitation
No dwell time
Rinse and extraction with water and an acid rinse.
The result was excellent and without damage.

john martin

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:49 pm »
what ever works is good but reducing the PH of powerburst kinda negates the purpose of choosing powerburst in the first place .

Most of these cleaning powders will have the same main basic indredients , usually sodium carbonate , stpp , and a surfactant
they then add one or two more indredients to aim it at its specific task ...
In the case of powerburst they wanted to make a high ph product so they added sodium metasilicate to push it up to 12

so if your reducing the ph by adding an acid then youd be as well off choosing a powder with a lower ph in the first place , either the woolsafe powders or something like formula90 or ultimate master

Have you come across dog stains on the rugs yet Sergio ?

Sergio

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:06 pm »
what ever works is good but reducing the PH of powerburst kinda negates the purpose of choosing powerburst in the first place .

Most of these cleaning powders will have the same main basic indredients , usually sodium carbonate , stpp , and a surfactant
they then add one or two more indredients to aim it at its specific task ...
In the case of powerburst they wanted to make a high ph product so they added sodium metasilicate to push it up to 12

so if your reducing the ph by adding an acid then youd be as well off choosing a powder with a lower ph in the first place , either the woolsafe powders or something like formula90 or ultimate master

Have you come across dog stains on the rugs yet Sergio ?
Dear John, I often find dog urine spots on the carpets

Robin Ray

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 03:43:44 pm »
Sergio.

As John said acid + alkaline = neutral. So whats the point in using a higher ph chemical in the first place if you neutralize it before it works on the carpet. You need to neutralize it afterwards to prevent damage, but not before it does its job.

You need to find out how chemicals work first, then you can choose which ones you need.

This is where training is necessary. If you cant attend a training course at least buy a manual from somewhere.

Sergio

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:56 pm »
Sergio.

As John said acid + alkaline = neutral. So whats the point in using a higher ph chemical in the first place if you neutralize it before it works on the carpet. You need to neutralize it afterwards to prevent damage, but not before it does its job.

You need to find out how chemicals work first, then you can choose which ones you need.

This is where training is necessary. If you cant attend a training course at least buy a manual from somewhere.
Thank you Robin,I already knew the information you gave me, but the first acid wetting is to limit dye bleed

sorry for my bad english

Robin Ray

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:39 pm »
I can see wetting the Rug with acid first will limit color bleed, using that along with using powerburst will probably negate the effectiveness of each solution though. To be fair my experience in this particular area is nil so who am i to say.

From what you have been asking about rugs it sounds to me you would benefit from cleaning with a full submersion method using a rug pit. There are a number of companies which sell equipment and solutions for this. Alltec are one, Cleanspec Cumbria are another, Solutions Cornwall are another. You may find talking to these beneficial.

Sergio

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 02:15:40 pm »
I can see wetting the Rug with acid first will limit color bleed, using that along with using powerburst will probably negate the effectiveness of each solution though. To be fair my experience in this particular area is nil so who am i to say.

From what you have been asking about rugs it sounds to me you would benefit from cleaning with a full submersion method using a rug pit. There are a number of companies which sell equipment and solutions for this. Alltec are one, Cleanspec Cumbria are another, Solutions Cornwall are another. You may find talking to these beneficial.
Dear Robin,
today i washed 3 oriental rugs with powerburst without acetic acid. The result has been fantastic. The wool is very bright and soft. No browning, No dye bleed