Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Prespray Booster
« on: December 15, 2017, 02:08:02 pm »
Hello,

Do you recommend me a prespray booster?

Someone advised me Sodium Perborate as prespray booster.  Is it a good thing?

Thanks

edward coller

Re: Prespray Booster
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:13:57 pm »
Hi Sergio ,i have boosters but rarly need to use them , best to use appropriate prespray for the task. Simon

Sergio

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »
Hi Sergio ,i have boosters but rarly need to use them , best to use appropriate prespray for the task. Simon
Dear Edward, usually i use appropriate prespray. Sometime the prespray is not strong enough to clean the carpets (wool oriental rugs) with very light colors if they are very dirty. I used Alltec shampoo and Prochem prespray Gold.
So I thought that by adding a booster to prespray, maybe the final cleaning result will be better

john martin

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:31:56 pm »
There is probably a hundred products people could recommend for you to try ..   

The boosting products seem be either additional solvents , a PH rise , or oxydisers like the percarbonate u mentioned .

So far u have tried the higher PH and you have a decent multi component detergent  ...     from the chemspec range u could try ' heavy duty soil lifter '    this is solvent based that could be used as either a prespray , spotter or booster to your prochem products  ....  also chemspec energizer ( percarbonate )  u could add that to the mix ( use warm water )   
John kelly that posted on your other thread could supply u with those  ...
and why not try an intank detergent (a dash of  formula 90 or ultimate master  ) is a tried and tested performance boost for many .
And get a decent machine and a good water  heater ,  that will boost the performance of any product u use .

Sergio

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 10:06:26 pm »
There is probably a hundred products people could recommend for you to try ..   

The boosting products seem be either additional solvents , a PH rise , or oxydisers like the percarbonate u mentioned .

So far u have tried the higher PH and you have a decent multi component detergent  ...     from the chemspec range u could try ' heavy duty soil lifter '    this is solvent based that could be used as either a prespray , spotter or booster to your prochem products  ....  also chemspec energizer ( percarbonate )  u could add that to the mix ( use warm water )   
John kelly that posted on your other thread could supply u with those  ...
and why not try an intank detergent (a dash of  formula 90 or ultimate master  ) is a tried and tested performance boost for many .
And get a decent machine and a good water  heater ,  that will boost the performance of any product u use .
Thanks for your suggestions
I exclusively wash woolen carpets and  I do not think warm water is a good idea, I prefer to wash them only with cold water.
Is sodium percarbonate mixed with the prespray cleaner  activated with cold water?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »
I dont Sergio  , its not like u are submerging the rug in hot water , just a quick blast on the surface with the wand ... but u could stick with about 40 or 50 degrees  which  would still inprove your chemical reactions and do no harm , i cant think of any time i had issues with cleaning a wool rug with hotish water anyway .

Sergio

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:36:32 pm »
I dont Sergio  , its not like u are submerging the rug in hot water , just a quick blast on the surface with the wand ... but u could stick with about 40 or 50 degrees  which  would still inprove your chemical reactions and do no harm , i cant think of any time i had issues with cleaning a wool rug with hotish water anyway .
Ok John , i'll try it
my washing method is:
1. Dust the carpet
2. I wet the rug with water mixed with acetic acid
3. I wet the rug with water mixed with a prespray cleaner
4. Agitate wool with Prochem TM4
5. Rinse with water and acid rinse by handtool of portable machine
6. Drying in a dehumidified room

If the result of washing for a very light rug will not be good,
When, How Much and How can I add the sodium percarbonate in my washing method?

john martin

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 11:18:24 pm »
there might not be definate  recommended quantity , more like play around with these products and see what makes a difference , if u want to try percarbonate before u order the likes of energizer , put pop down to your local supermarket , the powered laundry booster products like vanish oxy action and any of those oxy things are all about 30% percarbonate . Use warm to hot water to activate it quickly on your rug .

Sergio

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 09:34:20 am »
there might not be definate  recommended quantity , more like play around with these products and see what makes a difference , if u want to try percarbonate before u order the likes of energizer , put pop down to your local supermarket , the powered laundry booster products like vanish oxy action and any of those oxy things are all about 30% percarbonate . Use warm to hot water to activate it quickly on your rug .
Dear John, i have got pure powder sodium percarbonate. How many grams of sodium percarbonate for 1 lt of warm water?
Thanks

Sergio

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 09:37:36 pm »
Today i washed 3 wool oriental rugs with Prochem Prespray Gold and Sodium Percarbonate in warm/hot water. The mix was: 10 Lt of water, 300ml of PSG, 65 Gr. Sodium Percarb. Waht do you think abot this mix?

john martin

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 10:09:17 pm »
dont think anybody know what the correct ratios are sergio ,  just continue with trial and error until u find what works best for you . Did the rug look good ?

Sergio

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 10:35:53 pm »
dont think anybody know what the correct ratios are sergio ,  just continue with trial and error until u find what works best for you . Did the rug look good ?
Dear John, a very good look,  but I do not know how much it depended on hot water, PSG and Sodium Percarbonate

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »
Sergio If you are wetting the rug with an acidic agent first then applying an alkaline cleaning agent you are neutralizing the cleaning agent. This would surely make it less effective.

Sergio

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 08:44:39 pm »
Sergio If you are wetting the rug with an acidic agent first then applying an alkaline cleaning agent you are neutralizing the cleaning agent. This would surely make it less effective.
Cleaning agent work well in the oriental rug I wash. I wash about 100 oriental rugs a year, for about 3 years
I had only a few difficulties when washing very dirty and very light oriental rugs but I think I have solved these difficulties with the advices of John Martin

PAULFAB

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 02:10:38 am »
I wouldn't worry about a bit of warm water with the amount of chemistry you are  gonna be subjecting those rugs to Sergio.

Sergio

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 06:23:53 pm »
Hi guys,
If I decide to use Prochem powerburst as a prespray on the wool, how much is the recommended dilution?

Robin Ray

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 06:53:09 pm »
You need to match the chemical to the soil type.
What are you trying to achieve by adding a booster?
What do you want your cleaning solution to remove?

Have a look at this video it will help you in working out what solutions you really need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7V1hWSCg2c

Sergio

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:17 pm »
You need to match the chemical to the soil type.
What are you trying to achieve by adding a booster?
What do you want your cleaning solution to remove?

Have a look at this video it will help you in working out what solutions you really need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7V1hWSCg2c
Dear Robin,
I want to use this prespray simply to wash the wool carpets at low cost. In the product specification sheet I read that the recommended amount is 15 ml (grams?) or 45ml (grams?) per liter of hot water. In which cases are 15 or 45 used? I towards the water with prespray with a watering can before the agitation

john martin

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 10:41:15 pm »
sergio ... both those dilution rates are the same  .... the difference is the injection sprayer adds more water to the mix because it uses water from the machine to propel the spray .

Again i would suggest u find out what works the best by trial and error and not totally depend on the recommended rates  , and you are probably cleaning more oriental rugs than 99% of forum uses ... you are in a good position to find out what works best and report back to the rest of us .

john martin

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 10:58:27 pm »
so 15ml  (mg) in your watering can or normal sprayer

45ml in one of these  .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=445WZFtL_sY

Sergio

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 09:11:13 am »
so 15ml  (mg) in your watering can or normal sprayer

45ml in one of these  .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=445WZFtL_sY
Thank you John. Have a nice day

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »
Is trial and error a good Idea when cleaning oriental rugs?

Is using a watering can to prespray an oriental rug a good idea....... with powerburst!!!

Is this for real?

Glynn

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
Robin,
You need to see just how they are cleaned (washed) in their countries.
And hey dont have the so called problems we think about here .
Regards
Glynn

Sergio

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:33 pm »
Is trial and error a good Idea when cleaning oriental rugs?

Is using a watering can to prespray an oriental rug a good idea....... with powerburst!!!

Is this for real?
Dear Robin,if  i use a watering can to prespray, do you recommend me alltec products as chemical?

Sergio

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 02:57:41 pm »
Hi guys,

today i washed a persian rug (Abadeh) using this method:

I wet the rug a lot with low ph water using a watering can.
I wet the rug with water and Prochem Powerburst
Agitation
No dwell time
Rinse and extraction with water and an acid rinse.
The result was excellent and without damage.

john martin

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:49 pm »
what ever works is good but reducing the PH of powerburst kinda negates the purpose of choosing powerburst in the first place .

Most of these cleaning powders will have the same main basic indredients , usually sodium carbonate , stpp , and a surfactant
they then add one or two more indredients to aim it at its specific task ...
In the case of powerburst they wanted to make a high ph product so they added sodium metasilicate to push it up to 12

so if your reducing the ph by adding an acid then youd be as well off choosing a powder with a lower ph in the first place , either the woolsafe powders or something like formula90 or ultimate master

Have you come across dog stains on the rugs yet Sergio ?

Sergio

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:06 pm »
what ever works is good but reducing the PH of powerburst kinda negates the purpose of choosing powerburst in the first place .

Most of these cleaning powders will have the same main basic indredients , usually sodium carbonate , stpp , and a surfactant
they then add one or two more indredients to aim it at its specific task ...
In the case of powerburst they wanted to make a high ph product so they added sodium metasilicate to push it up to 12

so if your reducing the ph by adding an acid then youd be as well off choosing a powder with a lower ph in the first place , either the woolsafe powders or something like formula90 or ultimate master

Have you come across dog stains on the rugs yet Sergio ?
Dear John, I often find dog urine spots on the carpets

Robin Ray

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 03:43:44 pm »
Sergio.

As John said acid + alkaline = neutral. So whats the point in using a higher ph chemical in the first place if you neutralize it before it works on the carpet. You need to neutralize it afterwards to prevent damage, but not before it does its job.

You need to find out how chemicals work first, then you can choose which ones you need.

This is where training is necessary. If you cant attend a training course at least buy a manual from somewhere.

Sergio

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:56 pm »
Sergio.

As John said acid + alkaline = neutral. So whats the point in using a higher ph chemical in the first place if you neutralize it before it works on the carpet. You need to neutralize it afterwards to prevent damage, but not before it does its job.

You need to find out how chemicals work first, then you can choose which ones you need.

This is where training is necessary. If you cant attend a training course at least buy a manual from somewhere.
Thank you Robin,I already knew the information you gave me, but the first acid wetting is to limit dye bleed

sorry for my bad english

Robin Ray

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:39 pm »
I can see wetting the Rug with acid first will limit color bleed, using that along with using powerburst will probably negate the effectiveness of each solution though. To be fair my experience in this particular area is nil so who am i to say.

From what you have been asking about rugs it sounds to me you would benefit from cleaning with a full submersion method using a rug pit. There are a number of companies which sell equipment and solutions for this. Alltec are one, Cleanspec Cumbria are another, Solutions Cornwall are another. You may find talking to these beneficial.

Sergio

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 02:15:40 pm »
I can see wetting the Rug with acid first will limit color bleed, using that along with using powerburst will probably negate the effectiveness of each solution though. To be fair my experience in this particular area is nil so who am i to say.

From what you have been asking about rugs it sounds to me you would benefit from cleaning with a full submersion method using a rug pit. There are a number of companies which sell equipment and solutions for this. Alltec are one, Cleanspec Cumbria are another, Solutions Cornwall are another. You may find talking to these beneficial.
Dear Robin,
today i washed 3 oriental rugs with powerburst without acetic acid. The result has been fantastic. The wool is very bright and soft. No browning, No dye bleed