Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: Dazmond....
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »
If you watch the gas stop videos - any leaks and it shuts off the gas supply - end of

Sorry tris but that’s not correct.

https://youtu.be/ImVhMcjSrsQ

It can help you “detect” a small gas leak, but it certainly does not shut off at any leak as you seem to think.

The possibility is still there, that if your not on the ball and checking after every job, a leak could occur, and like mine, catch fire on the burner.

Far too much risk for me, especially after investing in a new van and system to use something that isn’t fit for purpose.

It all goes back to insurance. I’m yet to see ANY insurance provider give it in writing that you are covered, while working away from the van.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »
I know there are a few that think some of us are stupid when investing so much in diesel systems.....

...but you can't put a price on your own saftey let alone others.  If you're happy to take the risk and pay larger insurance premiums each year then go for it.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Missing Link

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 09:47:07 pm »
Daz, have you tried hitting it with something heavy like a hammer or one of your m00bs?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

DeLuce

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »
I think you have brought up another issue here Tony. If you spend your hard earned £4000- £5000 on a diesel unit and we get a few mild winters i would be a little cheesed off.

With the gas boilers little outlay and if you do have a bad winter it comes into play.
But no hardship if you have a few mild winters.

T

At the moment, I use an immersion heater set-up, 2kw. I use it every day. I don't have it as hot as you can get it with diesel heater users. But I much prefer cleaning the glass with hotter water. I personally feel it does a more thorough job, if not just a bit quicker. Certainly it's quicker on the bird poop and fly dots, snail trails.
So, wether mild or not, it gets switched on because I prefer it. I don't really think it's a waste of money just because we have milder winters.  In fact, I think it is a safe and sensible investment for cleaning windows quickly and efficiently in all weather.

P @ F

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 12:24:41 pm »
I think you have brought up another issue here Tony. If you spend your hard earned £4000- £5000 on a diesel unit and we get a few mild winters i would be a little cheesed off.

With the gas boilers little outlay and if you do have a bad winter it comes into play.

T

At the moment, I use an immersion heater set-up, 2kw. I use it every day. I don't have it as hot as you can get it with diesel heater users. But I much prefer cleaning the glass with hotter water. I personally feel it does a more thorough job, if not just a bit quicker. Certainly it's quicker on the bird poop and fly dots, snail trails.
So, wether mild or not, it gets switched on because I prefer it. I don't really think it's a waste of money just because we have milder winters.  In fact, I think it is a safe and sensible investment for cleaning windows quickly and efficiently in all weather.

I assume  this is fitted to van tank ?
How long do you leave it on for , what size tank , and what temp do you get to in tank and at brush head ?  Please  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Og

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 02:15:18 pm »
If you’re that desperate for hot water, just t off the hot water in the house and insulate your tank well?

I’m happy with cold. Makes me work faster ‘cause my hands are numb and need to get back in the van.

DeLuce

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 06:14:26 pm »

How long do you leave it on for , what size tank , and what temp do you get to in tank and at brush head ?  Please  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Hi P@F,
I've got it on a 500ltr tank in the van,yeah.  I usually have it going for 8-10hrs straight and get 50-60 degrees  in  the tank. At the brushhead, I don't know, it's quite warm, not tepid,neither too hot that your hand wants to recoil. But it keeps the hoses supple and gets  the marks off the glass and frames quite well.
I know cold works fine. I just prefer the warmer water.  I also know, from feedback, that hot is more efficient yet. That's why I'm pondering the move that Daz and others have made. Also, if I have a diesel system it saves me the wires and electric hook up. Not that big a deal, but I think I'd prefer it. 

tlwcs

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »

Hi P@F,
I've got it on a 500ltr tank in the van,yeah.  I usually have it going for 8-10hrs straight and get 50-60 degrees  in  the tank. At the brushhead, I don't know, it's quite warm, not tepid,neither too hot that your hand wants to recoil. But it keeps the hoses supple and gets  the marks off the glass and frames quite well.
I know cold works fine. I just prefer the warmer water.  I also know, from feedback, that hot is more efficient yet. That's why I'm pondering the move that Daz and others have made. Also, if I have a diesel system it saves me the wires and electric hook up. Not that big a deal, but I think I'd prefer it.
[/quote]

I'm the same as you Rigsby. The only thing for me is ours setups are simple. 4.5k on something that if it goes wrong will cost a lot more in downtime than the repair.
Tony

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »
Why will it? These heaters hardly ever go wrong and even if they do from time to time you can still work with cold water. Like Nigel says once your familiar with how they work you can repair most little niggles/problems  yourself.
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 09:50:48 pm »
They only go wrong on the first day , after that its trouble free eh Daz  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2017, 01:44:37 am »

T

Just stick one in your tank heat the water and go for it, he will be saying cold doesn't work, the £4.5k guys will be saying lukewarm doesn't work, the additive guys will be saying hot doesn't work and the ppb guys will be saying ppm hot or cold doesn't work.
I could repeat the whole thing over again with different flows and brushes adding more to the mix.
Its great that window cleaning is becoming more technical its sad that it still attracts more than its fair share of idiots.
I don't mean you when I say that.

HeHe , I just like to explore all avenues really , I have had 7 years trouble free from an L5 so im happy that what i am doing is safe , may well blow me to poope in the morning but i dont reckon it will to be honest  ;D

I like on demand , if i had a drive i may well try immersion , but as i dont i cant , i like the thought of a tank of pure that i can pump through an NG boiler sited off my mains and fill each morning , but that is not possible at the mo either , im just going with what is doable at present .

Spruce

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2017, 11:21:09 am »
They only go wrong on the first day , after that its trouble free eh Daz  ;D

Its nothing to do with the heater. Its Ford who have changed the inside return pipe design. By taping into the return fuel line to the tank, I presume Grippa believed that it's end was 3/4s into the tank as you would expect. But if Daz hasn't been getting fuel to the heater, then it would appear that Ford have now ended that return pipe at the top of the tank.

I would be interested to know what Fords new solution is to this. On further reflection, I can, to an extent, understand why the manufacturers would bulk at the idea of drilling a hole into the plastic tank and fitting a Webasto standpipe into it.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

LBWCS

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2017, 12:18:47 pm »
Can you have one fitted with a separate diesel tank? So you can use red diesel in it?

p1w1

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2017, 12:29:31 pm »
not advisable to use red diesel on them

DeLuce

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2017, 12:41:02 pm »
not advisable to use red diesel on them

On yeah, there was a thread about the perils of using red diesel in your heater.
I think it caused a coking issue due to the additive in the red.

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2017, 04:02:34 pm »
Oliver has fitted out loads of these newer connects with these systems but never had this problem before. He ll just have to go into the tank from another spot. I'm sure it'll get sorted.

The heater works great with the engine running 

NWH

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2017, 04:07:11 pm »
With the engine running ? I know that when I first had mine fitted the people said that the diesel pump was strange as it looked like it had to be fitted back to front,why is it working fine with engine running all that would do would produce more charge surely.

Splash & dash

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:23 pm »
With the engine running ? I know that when I first had mine fitted the people said that the diesel pump was strange as it looked like it had to be fitted back to front,why is it working fine with engine running all that would do would produce more charge surely.

I think it is running the boiler off the fuel returning to the tank with the engin running it will have fuel to draw on , with the engin off it cannot run as Ime guessing it cannot draw fuel from the tank as the return isn’t into the fuel just the top of the tank if that makes sense

dazmond

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2017, 04:13:24 pm »

No idea Nigel but oliver says it's a fuel issue. He knows it runs great with the engine running but as soon as I turn the engine off within 5mins the heater gets starved of diesel and it goes off.

NWH

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2017, 04:19:55 pm »
I know it doesn’t look as tidy but I run mine from a separate diesel tank now since I changed vans,originally I had it plumbed to the fuel tank but with VWs it can be more hassle with all the protection under the van it’s got covers covering most of the underneath. I was just miffed because the pump just draws diesel and pumps into the unit it’s a bit weird it stops pumping when the vans not running if there’s diesel there and the pumps working it should draw diesel,maybe it’s the original problem they had fitting mine.