Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andywest

Carpet cleaning machines
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:36:05 am »
Just booked myself on a carpet cleaning course, just after a bit of advice, which is best machine to buy, see on here jaguar/ Airflex just wondering which is best all rounder for all kinds of floors, the pub I’ve just started cleaning asked about carpet cleaning so thought I’d just enquirer about it cheers for any advice.

Raymondo

Re: Carpet cleaning machines
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 12:18:07 pm »
The best machine to buy is a truckmount.

www.carpetcleanersworld.co.uk

sean oregan

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:23:20 pm »
Truck mounts are the best but not everyone would want/afford/need one.
Go best build quality and British made ie alltec/airflex and you won’t go wrong.

edward coller

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:02:33 pm »
I agree I have a T/Mount but also An Airflex tht I use for upholstery, Also had Alltec great machines and good people too!

john martin

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 10:09:47 pm »
does nobody like ashbys  :D
I agree , UK machines are best quality and optmised for uk conditions .

i choose the enforcer as my main machine ... its three years old now ... next machine will be Enforcer too .

Airflex -  good to deal with im sure , machine ... i cant leave it out in the rain ... that perspex lid would last about a week if i psuhed it into the van like i do the enforcer , couldnt be minding that .  No immersion heater option  ( which can be handy for preheating the water u send to your inline heater )

The Jag -  Ancient turd world body with new vac  ...  the vacs will suck but the body blows .

Alltec -  the plastic one ... its american , designed in california where thay dont appreciate the dampness and wet we live in , its lets water in almost everwhere , rain , a clumsey pour ... 
Alltec fiberglass machines ... look good , nich quality im sure , again rain proof nah , ease of loading ?alltec use 8amp heater which arnt great

Mytee  portables -  plastic body not up there with an enforcer for eg ,  no rear loading , not waterproof , probably not a great understanding of the electrical needs in the uk , heaters underpowered etc
( Mytee are switching to in series custom 6.6 so newer versions might be worth a look next year  )

Enforcer - ergonomic design masterclass , rear loading , cable wrap , ease of general handling when wheeling .
100% rainproof ,  top grade plastics in body , bombproof construction .
Heaters , on board immersion or (or) 12 amp inline with secondary heat exchanger .
Looks like a quality product .
Vacs ... i would choose two 6.6 in series . ( and get a steammate heater )

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 07:04:28 pm »
I've got an ashby's ninja..

same vac power as the enforcers, less rinse power..

robust and solid..

paid about a grand for it, does a great job and easy to upgrade

john martin

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 08:18:34 pm »
I've got an ashby's ninja..

same vac power as the enforcers, less rinse power..

robust and solid..

paid about a grand for it, does a great job and easy to upgrade

less rince power ?  you got a 100psi pump ?  dont suffer ...   drop one of these in   

https://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com/spare-parts/water-pumps/aquatec-250psi-240v-by-pass-pump

to me it needs no pressure regulation as its not a high flow pump and has internal bypass , as long as u dont use an old school spray tool for upholstery its fine stuck at 250 imo .

The enforcer would have a big bore stack compared with the ninja , its better set up for using 2" hose which arguably can make a difference .

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:50:49 pm »
135 psi in mine, got the hd vacs though, so there's not much water left..

I am tempted by the 250 psi pump..

pro-fresh

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 05:18:08 pm »
I have to agree with the build quality of the Enforcer, my side door opened the other day and my machine fell off into road as I pulled out of a junction, slightly scuffed and and a bit of a wobble on one wheel otherwise all works fine. Also being weatherproof is a major bonus.
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

john parker

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 07:13:34 am »
You can't beat ashby's Ninja 400 PSI pump built-in heat exchanger twin vac 3 stage Motors a bit pricey but pound for pound just as good as a truckmount
I've been carpet cleaning for years and I've tried a lot of different machines and I always go back to the tried-and-tested Ninja

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 08:21:38 am »
The 2 negatives with Ashby are

1. The machine is big and cumbersome
2. Ashby’s Service is not the best

Darran Pryce

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 09:33:03 am »
I'd agree with John Martin.  We have the Enforcer. Build quality is fantastic. Easy to get in and out of your van, just put it in on its back.

They look the part and perform really well. Love the internal heater.  Personally never had any issues with Ashby.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 04:02:09 pm »
You can't beat ashby's Ninja 400 PSI pump built-in heat exchanger twin vac 3 stage Motors a bit pricey but pound for pound just as good as a truckmount
I've been carpet cleaning for years and I've tried a lot of different machines and I always go back to the tried-and-tested Ninja

John

With all due respect, you have clearly never used a truck mount.

john martin

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 07:09:28 pm »
The 2 negatives with Ashby are

1. The machine is big and cumbersome
2. Ashby’s Service is not the best

No , its suprisingly light on its feet .  On flat ground it rolls really smoothly just push it with one hand holding the top handle .
On rough ground or if you have a driveway with loose stone that the wheels sink into , just tilt it onto its back wheels and pull it behind you , wheelie bin style . It will also mount outer steps with relative ease .
loading , just tilt it back so it leans against the edge of your van floor then lift and push forward with the bottom handle , it rolls on both the top loading wheels and the bars that hold the cable . Pulling the machine out is even easier .

On No2 ... the service , you might well be right ...   i do my own repair tinkering so never had to go back to them to find out .

edward coller

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 06:38:49 pm »
To be honest yon fellow John said, pound for pound, its as good as a truckmount. Arguable. I wonder if he has used a T/M?  Love to hear from ya. Simon

PAULFAB

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 01:26:32 am »
Surely it's got to be the Ashcombe Elite or the Prochem Cheyenne, or is this not Life On Mars?
Didn't everyone get a TM in the 90's and park up the portable next to the old Cortina 1600E just so they could show it to their kids when they got older?

Sergio

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 06:06:15 am »
What do you think about craftex portable machines?

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »
What do you think about craftex portable machines?

Theyre good, not heavy hitters as the top ones are 2 vac and only 135 psi iirc, but bomb proof,

I started off with a sabrina, was like using a bazoka when i upgraded to an extracta

decent kit though

John Kelly

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 10:39:44 am »
Buy a machine from a supplier nearest you so if anything goes wrong you can get it sorted at minimal cost. Can't go wrong with Alltec or Cleansmart machines.