This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: diesel heater users.......a few questions
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2017, 10:30:59 pm »
today i timed myself.apart from 30 mins for lunch and a 10 min coffee break this afternoon my intervals in between jobs/windows with my pole tap off was no longer then 3 mins(mostly 2 mins).usually it was to move my hose or trad the odd ground floor windows.

is this a short enough interval to keep the heater from going into "shutting down" mode?

My guess would be that it will shut down have a good chat to Oliver explain what you are trying to accomplish and he will be able to modify it to suite your style of work to a degree that’s what he did with mine anyway,

that means the heater will be firing up and shutting down many times over a day which is supposed to be bad for the burners(as well as fluctuating water temperature).i was hoping it would just keep running.it doesnt sound like these heaters are suitable for wfp really. ::)roll

Can’t you fit a shrader fitting on the end of your reel hose Daz and feed that in to the top of your vans tank?

Splash & dash

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
cheers lads.ill make sure they fit a recirculate back to tank on the system when i take it in next wed morning.

IMO if the burners on these heaters soot up and fail prematurely due to constant stopping and starting(firing up and shutting down)then they should fit a recirculate feature on them as standard.shouldnt they?

so to get the best out of these heaters is to keep them running constantly for most of your working day with minimum shut downs/start ups?

Ours has been run 8 hours a day for 5 days a week over 3 years still going strong it is connected up as I have already described so I think that proves the way it’s designed to work , Ime sure you will be pleased with it just takes maybe a different aproch to what you are used to

dazmond

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2017, 10:49:50 pm »
ill be able to fit a piece of hose on my microbore and feed it through the middle of my tank lid overnight so the frost stat will kick in if needed matt.
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2017, 10:51:46 pm »
today i timed myself.apart from 30 mins for lunch and a 10 min coffee break this afternoon my intervals in between jobs/windows with my pole tap off was no longer then 3 mins(mostly 2 mins).usually it was to move my hose or trad the odd ground floor windows.

is this a short enough interval to keep the heater from going into "shutting down" mode?

My guess would be that it will shut down have a good chat to Oliver explain what you are trying to accomplish and he will be able to modify it to suite your style of work to a degree that’s what he did with mine anyway,

that means the heater will be firing up and shutting down many times over a day which is supposed to be bad for the burners(as well as fluctuating water temperature).i was hoping it would just keep running.it doesnt sound like these heaters are suitable for wfp really. ::)roll

Can’t you fit a shrader fitting on the end of your reel hose Daz and feed that in to the top of your vans tank?
[/quote
Yes that’s how mine is done but using easy snap fittings but the system will still shut down if it’s not connected back to the tank within a coup,e of muinets, mine has two heat exchangers if I am only using one hosereel the other one is connected to the tank so the boiler stays running all the time , hope that makes sense

dazmond

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2017, 08:40:30 am »
as long as the heater doesnt shut down every time i turn the pole tap off i reckon itll be fine.i could do with it today!coldest its been so far(_-4 overnight here).luckily i put an oil filled radiator in my van overnight last night when i got back from the gym so nothings frozen.got a full UPVC clean and conny roof job to do today as well as my normal regular window cleaning. :)

dazmond

« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2017, 09:20:16 am »

still time to cancel your order, personally i would have asked all these questions first  ;D. I dont know why you just dont rig up filling your DI with hot water from home, you've said yourself hot doesn't make you quicker or is that necessary. If its supple hoses in winter you want then hot straight to DI will do the job and save you over 4k.

ive tried it and it doesnt work for me.also id have to refill in the morning before work.sod that.i do all that as one of my "end of the day" jobs ready for the next days work.ive also tried gas heaters.not interested in fitting an immersion heater so the only option left is diesel or stick with cold water.

hot water is a luxury and is not needed generally but it does make your working life easier and more comfortable.i also dont have to remember to put a heater in my van on freezing cold nights,worry about the water freezing in the hose,nice supple hoses,easier to clean certain dirt/marks off the glass and frames and easier add on jobs.

it looks good too esp for the customers and sets you apart from your competition in your area.

NWH

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2017, 02:00:17 pm »
My personal opinion is that hot water is needed I just don’t find cold cleans anywhere near as well as hot water,I clean a house with PVC frames and the guy down the road does a similar house but he uses cold,the houses were built at the same time his frames look as old as the house the frames on the house I clean look just a couple of years old due to the PVC looking in really good condition compared. If your cleaning plastic framed windows most of the time I would say hot water is essential not matter how cold the weather is you can use water as hot as you like I’ve never had thermal shock on PVC Windows.

dazmond

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
My personal opinion is that hot water is needed I just don’t find cold cleans anywhere near as well as hot water,I clean a house with PVC frames and the guy down the road does a similar house but he uses cold,the houses were built at the same time his frames look as old as the house the frames on the house I clean look just a couple of years old due to the PVC looking in really good condition compared. If your cleaning plastic framed windows most of the time I would say hot water is essential not matter how cold the weather is you can use water as hot as you like I’ve never had thermal shock on PVC Windows.

theres defo a few window frames on my round that are a bit mouldy that ll be easier to clean with hot water for sure

simon w

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2017, 06:35:10 pm »
In the winter the half inch radiator hoses (black) are disconnected and placed on the tee piece as shown in the photo so that if the temperature falls to 2 degrees the heater can kick in and circulate water through the Webasto heater to protect it against frost.

In the summer they are left connected to the two van mounted hose reels in the van.

I have only been experimenting with keeping the heater on all day with one pump running at all times and returning water at a flow rate of 5 back to the tank in order to retain maximum heat. This would be simple if only using one hose reel but has been do able with two of us working as long as I'm organised. My method has been to have a short length of pole hose  with a tail end which I plug into the easy snap fitting  on the hose reel, drop the flow to 5 and lower the pole hose into the top of the tank.

Dry Clean

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »

theres defo a few window frames on my round that are a bit mouldy that ll be easier to clean with hot water for sure

I'm sure after emptying your pockets of £4.5k plus ongoing costs you'll find more than a few mouldy window frames, (wink)
there's no excuse for mouldy window frames cold water only or not.

dazmond

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2017, 08:05:59 pm »
In the winter the half inch radiator hoses (black) are disconnected and placed on the tee piece as shown in the photo so that if the temperature falls to 2 degrees the heater can kick in and circulate water through the Webasto heater to protect it against frost.

In the summer they are left connected to the two van mounted hose reels in the van.

I have only been experimenting with keeping the heater on all day with one pump running at all times and returning water at a flow rate of 5 back to the tank in order to retain maximum heat. This would be simple if only using one hose reel but has been do able with two of us working as long as I'm organised. My method has been to have a short length of pole hose  with a tail end which I plug into the easy snap fitting  on the hose reel, drop the flow to 5 and lower the pole hose into the top of the tank.

thanks for posting simon

Delta

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2017, 07:13:37 am »
Seems like a bargain compared to some of the prices mentioned on here. It is used but will return to tank when brush is switched off.

http://www.ionicsystems.com/uk/product/9kw-hotbox/

dazmond

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2017, 08:43:54 am »
i wanted a brand new heater to go with the van plus it needs a smart battery to battery charging unit fitted to keep the batteries topped up in between jobs(due to the new temperature sensing alternators on vans manufactured after 2015).im thinking longer term.im hoping i get at least 10 years out of my van and heater.so no second hand gear.

NWH

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2017, 01:35:17 pm »
What happens if your ionic system goes wrong and there’s more on them to go wrong,with a GrippaTank system if you have the knowledge you should have WFP 10 years plus things can be got round with a bit of DIY I can’t see that with an ionic setup. I’ve heard people say when they’ve gone wrong that they have told them they’ll have to drive to Swindon lol yeah right oh then see you in the morning.

Splash & dash

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2017, 07:39:01 pm »
Tomorrow is the day 😂😂😂😂😂😂

andyM

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2017, 08:27:33 pm »
Tomorrow is the day 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm assuming he's arrived at the 5 star Premier Inn by now?
Probably got given Lenny Henry's room too! 
One of the Plebs

Jonny 87

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2017, 08:27:56 am »
D day!

Bet daz is having a continental breakfast, playing some Drums, going to the gym, then getting the diesel system fitted!

What a day!

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

lal

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:22 am »

I'm looking forward to hearing Dazmonds future reviews on the Grippa Diesel heater, as i will be getting one
 very soon.

dazmond

« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2017, 10:31:33 am »
D day!

Bet daz is having a continental breakfast, playing some Drums, going to the gym, then getting the diesel system fitted!

What a day!

;D
Just had a full english in a brasserie in Cambridge with my missus.!😃

looking forward to picking my van up around 5 later. Chauffeur picking us up too.

Have a good day lads 😃

KS Cleaning

« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2017, 04:15:35 pm »

I'm looking forward to hearing Dazmonds future reviews on the Grippa Diesel heater, as i will be getting one
 very soon.
Well it's pretty obvious, just a month or so back he was saying there are no benefits of hot water and it's better to keep things simple, now that he's got a hot water system he'll be saying it's the best thing since sliced bread and everyone should have one ;D