Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seymour Sunshine

Flow rate through DI bottle.
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:15:54 pm »
What is the maximum flow rate through a small (say 11 litre) DI bottle for purifying small quantities of 250 ppm tap water?
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

alanwilson

Re: Flow rate through DI bottle.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:19:20 am »
Normally the max recommended flow rate is the same as the overall volume. So in your case it would be approx 11lpm
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:39:34 am »
My reason for asking is because I have a small number of customers who have really difficult windows to reach trad even with a pole and (as I already have wfp kit) I was wondering if I could get away with purifying tap water directly from the tap to use on these few windows. It may be only 5 or 10 per week, so I don't want to be investing in RO for such a small amount of water use and I don't want to be carrying cans of pure water around with me.

The flow rate I'd need would only be about 5 lpm at the very maximum.

So my question boils down to "Can you use DI to purify tap water directly from a tap for use with a wfp?"

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:37:09 pm »
Yes you can use Di to purify direct from the tap. The resin will not last very long but as you are only needing it to do a small number of windows then that won't be an issue.

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »
Yes you can use Di to purify direct from the tap. The resin will not last very long but as you are only needing it to do a small number of windows then that won't be an issue.

Thanks for that. It's precisely the information I was looking for. What size vessel would you recommend given that I probably won't be using more than 50  litres of DI water per week. I've measured my working flow rate and it's a tad under 2 lpm.

alanwilson

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »
An 11ltr vessel only really holds about 8ltrs of resin which will get you about 700ltrs or so of water.

Personally i think that's probably big enough for lifting in and out of the van/car