Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Ubik/Virosol
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 01:37:56 pm »
Wasn't neat, but pretty strong. It was self cleaning glass. On both occasions it was just the roof.

The thing to do once it happens, and you know it happens because the glass looks as if the seal has gone and has been that way for many years - you know how kacky glass looks after being that way for a long time - is simply to apply some sort of descaler, I use Kilrock. It restores it back to the original condition, literally like magic.

cheers matt.i tend NOT to use virosol if i know the glass roof is self cleaning even if it is really dirty.nevermind it wont be long before we have hot water to use on them in future. :)
price higher/work harder!

Elfyn

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 03:23:49 pm »
Here's a video that only guys like us could find interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZP98Iy4h0
This is a job for softwashing if ever there was one. You'd spend days doing a big unit that way.

Splash & dash

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »
If using virosol on a sunny day and you get it on glass clean it straight of because it's a nightmare to get of when dry

ive been using virosol for years and never had this problem.

I've used Virosol on two conservatory roofs in the last 18 months that have been completely transformed into potential insurance claim cases. Fortunately there is a solution to this, but Virosol on the wrong glass will screw it over completely.
[/quo

We use virosol on self cleaning glass mix 1 virosol to 10 water : never had a problem , Evan use hypo on some if really bad again never had a problem, maybe we have been lucky ????

duncan h

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 04:17:49 pm »
Used it for years  also. Never a problem. Leave for 5 to 15 mins and hose off