Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Earnings compared to others
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 07:42:42 am »
It’s an interesting subject comparing  a university education to just being a cleaner of any sort ( window cleaner, carpet cleaner, drive cleaner etc)

I would guess most dentist at the same age as me will be earning (and be worth) more than me. But is this because they are a dentist with a university education? Or is it a consequence of the work path they followed.

They went to university and studied, earned nothing for 4yrs and invested £40k in thier future they then worked full time a minimum of 40hrs Week (even longer 60-75hrs if they became a doctor)

Now imagine if you could jump in a time machine, go back to being 18 and followed the same strategy.....

1) you will start a cleaning business.

2)for the first 4-5yrs invest every single penny you earn in your business.

3)you will invest £10k a year for the first 4 years, 

4)you will educate yourself in your chosen field until you are an expert,

5) you will work a minimum of 40hrs  or 60-75hrs a week if not actually cleaning but marketing your business

6) you will dilengently follow this strategy for the next 30yrs

Can anyone here honestly say if they did this they would not easily be on par with a dentist... if not much more richer/successful?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 08:46:35 am »
My brother is a millionaire now. 8yrs ago he was living in a terraced house with his wife and 2 kids. Now it's a 1.5million house with swimming pool and cinema room.  ;D

But I'm very happy with my lifestyle and income. At the end of the day I'm doing very well for myself. Better than ever before in fact. Long may it continue.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:51 am »
Honestly.... 50-100k a year is chickenfeed to some of these people Dazmond.

Window cleaning is a good honest way to make a living no doubt about it, and if you work really hard you might be able to put away a significant packet. But tou know what if you work hard enough at anything you can make good money.

But if i had the choice, personally i would probbably have worked harder at school and taken things a bit more seriously in my youth and would have prefered to be a doctor or dentist, not cleaning the windows for one.

Never mind too late now no need to feel sorry for myself...just going to make the best of my business.

Following bbc children in need on bbc r2 with chris Evans this week. Some of rhe bids for these packages 40 grand 100 grand, all from no doubt  very generous wealthy people but think about it who has 40 grand to spend on something they might or might not win you know...
For fun??

Really you'd prefer to be a doctor or dentist? Not in a million years for me. I hate going the doctors or dentist!

Being a window cleaner is the perfect job for me.  ;D

Regarding the chris evans show most people are not  rich marc. Think of them instead of the very wealthy. You'll feel better about your own life and business
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 01:34:52 pm »
Whats not to like about drilling peoples teeth and being paid for it?