This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: £400
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2017, 07:50:45 pm »
My objection to ones asking for pricing help is the fact that theres so many variables to take into account and as the above threads have shown, these ones are asking on a forum that covers people from the top of england all the way to lands end.

The best thing these ones can do is stick to their guns and the price they are happy with. Normally by time the job is done you know if it was right or not and if not, thats a little bit of experience to tuck under your belt for the next time and so on n so on.
Im sure thats how the vast majority of us who have been going for some years have learnt what we have. Lol I hate to say it but back in the day mobile phones were bricks and no chance of internet forums to check if its right or not.  Sometimes this type of advancement can make some lazy and want the short cut to gain the knowledge and experience of shiners who have been doing this and adapting over the many years.
I couldn't be bothered to read past the first sentence but please don't patronise me. I realised my mistake as soon as I started reading the replies to my thread hence why I no longer discuss anything to do with prices on this forum. I thought my post above may have made that clear. I was merely agreeing with slaps comment earlier and adding my reasons, it didn't require a lecture on your objections  ::)roll :P

nathankaye

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2017, 08:09:51 pm »
My objection to ones asking for pricing help is the fact that theres so many variables to take into account and as the above threads have shown, these ones are asking on a forum that covers people from the top of england all the way to lands end.

The best thing these ones can do is stick to their guns and the price they are happy with. Normally by time the job is done you know if it was right or not and if not, thats a little bit of experience to tuck under your belt for the next time and so on n so on.
Im sure thats how the vast majority of us who have been going for some years have learnt what we have. Lol I hate to say it but back in the day mobile phones were bricks and no chance of internet forums to check if its right or not.  Sometimes this type of advancement can make some lazy and want the short cut to gain the knowledge and experience of shiners who have been doing this and adapting over the many years.
I couldn't be bothered to read past the first sentence but please don't patronise me. I realised my mistake as soon as I started reading the replies to my thread hence why I no longer discuss anything to do with prices on this forum. I thought my post above may have made that clear.

Barry, sorry mate my thread wasnt aimed at you . I think too many on here like to attack people in particular and im trying not to as often im at the other end.
i only read last 2 posts and right or wrong just added my thoughts to what i thought was a discussion on pricing threads.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2017, 08:17:43 pm »

I couldn't be bothered to read past the first sentence but please don't patronise me. I realised my mistake as soon as I started reading the replies to my thread hence why I no longer discuss anything to do with prices on this forum. I thought my post above may have made that clear.

Barry, sorry mate my thread wasnt aimed at you . I think too many on here like to attack people in particular and im trying not to as often im at the other end.
i only read last 2 posts and right or wrong just added my thoughts to what i thought was a discussion on pricing threads.
;D no worries, just like getting the word "patronise' in to a reply to one of your comments  :D ...... jokes probably wearing a bit thin  :-X

nathankaye

« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2017, 08:26:19 pm »

;D no worries, just like getting the word "patronise' in to a reply to one of your comments  :D ...... jokes probably wearing a bit thin  :-X

;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2017, 08:10:24 am »
My objection to ones asking for pricing help is the fact that theres so many variables to take into account

Customers can be just as bad.

You get a text, saying, 'How much to clean the windows on my house'. They get ignored.

andyM

« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2017, 08:26:08 am »
Customers can be just as bad.

You get a text, saying, 'How much to clean the windows on my house'. They get ignored.

Reminds me of a text message I received one Sunday morning around 11 am the other year:
"Hi are you working today? I live at Flat 10 (4th floor) blah blah blah, I've got 5 windows that need cleaning, can you come and clean my windows today, i'll be here until 3pm or I can leave £5 under the door mat. "
One of the Plebs

PeakWC

« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2017, 02:34:43 pm »
Well I am truly blessed to have set up in Canada just over 4 years ago and earn between 500 and 600 pounds or between $800 to $1000 CAD  per day gross. Includes gutter vacuuming too. I recently added roof demossing and thus far my best day has been over $2000 CAD (son helped on this day). I do this with no employees, well I drag my teenager son out on the odd weekend or holiday in order to keep up but basically I move like the wind all day at 52 years of age. I happen to be in a town that is doing well economically and did not have a bunch "race you to the bottom" competitors.  I head out in disbelief every day. I am getting paid like a doctor while I clean for few of them along the way. Crazy great business that I should have started years ago.

nathankaye

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2017, 03:15:49 pm »
Well I am truly blessed to have set up in Canada just over 4 years ago and earn between 500 and 600 pounds or between $800 to $1000 CAD  per day gross. Includes gutter vacuuming too. I recently added roof demossing and thus far my best day has been over $2000 CAD (son helped on this day). I do this with no employees, well I drag my teenager son out on the odd weekend or holiday in order to keep up but basically I move like the wind all day at 52 years of age. I happen to be in a town that is doing well economically and did not have a bunch "race you to the bottom" competitors.  I head out in disbelief every day. I am getting paid like a doctor while I clean for few of them along the way. Crazy great business that I should have started years ago.

Ssshhhh!  Dont tell too many people that, or more will enter the market.
 ;D

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »

Ssshhhh!  Dont tell too many people that, or more will enter the market.
 ;D

Two words Nathan, Grizzly Bear. lol.

Ian taf

Re: £400 a day!!
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2017, 04:41:04 pm »
With the greatest respect to everyone on here, turning over £400 a day could be achievable for some guys who have large rounds and operate more than 1 van with several other employees on minimum wages, but most of us operate alone without any additional labour!
I have employed guys in the past and always paid really well, (£12 per hour), starting at 8am and finished by 2pm, but everyone of those let me down or became greedy, so they were fired. They all thought whatever I turned over for the day was going into my back pocket without thinking I had to pay HMRC, the overheads of the van, equipment, servicing and insurances before even getting to wages.
Realistically, I aim to earn £200- £250 per day and thats working 8am - 2pm by myself.

NWH

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »
Your doing ok then what would you have to earn to end up with that yourself after you’ve paid someone.

Ian taf

« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »
Well, Ive only gone and smashed it today!

Me on my lonesome travels, worked from 8 - 2pm and turned over £478. No breaks at all, just solid work and most jobs were reasonably close to each other. Pleased with that, but shoulders and neck are aching now!! :)

Slacky

« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2017, 05:35:49 pm »
Could someone pop out and fetch some popcorn please.

paul alan

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2017, 05:39:28 pm »

Me on my lonesome travels, worked from 8 - 2pm and turned over £478. No breaks at all, just solid work and most jobs were reasonably close to each other. Pleased with that, but shoulders and neck are aching now!! :)
What's the secret then taf?

how are you doing things to be able to £80.00 ph? Tell....

Steve Newres

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2017, 06:39:43 pm »
Could someone pop out and fetch some popcorn please.
Awaits the naysayers,

NWH

« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2017, 06:55:53 pm »
Another record day for me today 120 10 hours on the glass.

tony day

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »

You've only gone and made yourself look like a DI#K!!

NWH

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:04 pm »
400 odd quid in a day the man must be mad impossible impossible can’t be done

Walter Mitty

« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2017, 06:31:31 pm »
Funnily enough, my all-time record for a day was £399. I set it some years ago on a Sunday. I had a number of decently-priced commercial jobs. It was summertime, so I started very early and worked pretty solidly. I was knackered. I thought about driving 10 miles to another job to put me in the 400 club, but I would only have been doing it for bragging rights so didn't bother.
I regretted doing it the next day because my body suffered. I vowed not to do that again.  Apart from that, some of those jobs are now ancient history.

paul alan

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2017, 08:51:18 pm »
Funnily enough, my all-time record for a day was £399. I set it some years ago on a Sunday. I had a number of decently-priced commercial jobs. It was summertime, so I started very early and worked pretty solidly. I was knackered. I thought about driving 10 miles to another job to put me in the 400 club, but I would only have been doing it for bragging rights so didn't bother.
I regretted doing it the next day because my body suffered. I vowed not to do that again.  Apart from that, some of those jobs are now ancient history.
Add in inflation and I think its safe to say your in the £400 club!