This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil Johnstone

Staff wages advice
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:45:53 pm »
I've recently employed a member of staff who works along side me daily and am wondering if I'm paying him correctly.
He's on the payroll and have registered with HMRC and I email my payroll/accountant services every week with the hours worked that week. I basically pay him from the moment I pick him up in the morning to the moment I drop him home. An average day is 9am till 6pm (so I pay him 9 hours) but in that day we have half hour between each job travelling (5 jobs a day=2 hours travelling) plus traveling to the first job in the morning and travelling home (= 1 hour) when the day is done.I'm finding that he actually earns more than me some days. Is this right or am I doing it wrong. Advice would be much appreciated.

BDCS

Re: Staff wages advice
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »
So you pick him up and pay him to travel to work which ordinarily would cost him. You pay him to work which is correct. You pay him to eat his snap and have a snooze - really ? You pay him to drive to the next job - correct, you then pay him which you drive him home ?  Who is the sucker ? Do you have any other jobs going ?