This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Canvassing Company?
« on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:53 pm »
Recently found a canvassing company online, selling services on ebay -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOW-CLEANING-ROUND-for-sale-built-to-your-requirements-/272821279717?hash=item3f856a5be5:g:pCEAAOSwcj5ZWVFB

They are called WPS Generation based in Retford, Website - http://www.wpsgeneration.co.uk/about-us-1/

I spoke to the owner and he seemed really genuine and like he is running a good business model.  They guarantee 3 cleans or replace with new work for you.  We all know that you get drop offs after 1-2 cleans on new customers so i questioned him on this, and he said that because they are charging 3x that is factored into their profit and if they have to come back to your area to canvas any customers that drop off that is what they do.

Has anybody on here used them?  got any good/bad feedback?

Right, but then today i went on ebay again and found another new posting from a different company called Midlands Renewables Ltd - website name is Pyramid Marketing. - https://www.pyramidmarketing.co.uk/

Thing is they are also based in Retford and less than 2 miles away from this other company?  I can't help think what are the chances of having 2 completely different window cleaning canvassing companies basically based in the same town.

Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOW-CLEANING-ROUNDS-FOR-SALE-NATIONWIDE-Traditional-water-fed-pole-/263208739551?hash=item3d4876a2df:g:kYgAAOSwEotZu7gg

Just wanted to see if anybody has used either of these companies or thoughts on this.  Just want to use a decent canvassing company, and before anybody says "Canvas yourself" i can't at the moment because of health issues.

Cheers guys

Ian101

Re: Canvassing Company?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 03:19:58 pm »
I spoke to WPS at the window cleaning show - they seem ok.

I know its 2 guys in a partnership so maybe that's why there are 2 close by together ?

jo5hm4n

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 05:22:31 pm »
I spoke to WPS at the window cleaning show - they seem ok.

I know its 2 guys in a partnership so maybe that's why there are 2 close by together ?

Ahhh glad to know this was the company you spoke to Ian.  Yes he did seem really genuine to chat too.  That may explain it then.  If you have seen them and they seemed genuine i will give them a try then.

Og

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 05:30:38 pm »
I used wps recently. So far so good.
Maybe lost 3 jobs out of fifty or so, which is ok. Gained a few too though.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 08:24:54 pm »
spoke to him, seemed a good guy.

Will give them a go next year

jo5hm4n

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:48:27 pm »

Ok cool, did you get my text that i sent you btw?  Maybe i sent to wrong number...

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 11:36:13 pm »

Ok cool, did you get my text that i sent you btw?  Maybe i sent to wrong number...

Sorry mate, I did but I accidentally deleted it before I could reply so lost your number.  :-X

If you go ahead with WPS let know how you get on.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 09:43:33 am »

Sorry mate, I did but I accidentally deleted it before I could reply so lost your number.  :-X

If you go ahead with WPS let know how you get on.

Ahh no worries mate.  Yeah ill give them a go hopefully in a couple months when i get my employee sorted first and up to speed

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 11:30:33 am »

I'm hoping to have a part timer for next year, it is very hard going trying to get through a batch of new work on your own.

mark coates

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 10:17:00 pm »
I used them a few months ago and they got me some good work, lost about 20% but it was quality work. They still haven't been to regenerate the work lost but I've just got them up again to canvass some more work and they say they'll generate a little more than I requested to make up for the first set of lost work.
However, this time around I've had a few more problems with the work. A number of customers have called me to say the price they were quoted was less than the price I was given for them (I had been given £10 and customer said it was £7, I actually sacked one customer because I thought they were trying to rip me off but after a couple more calls to the same effect I realized it was the canvassers). I also had a couple say they didn't sign up to the service only expressed an interest in it.
I spoke to Yan who seems to be the boss and he seems keen to rectify the situation, I think it's his business partner, Harry, who seems to be the most suspect.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 10:24:15 pm »
I used them a few months ago and they got me some good work, lost about 20% but it was quality work. They still haven't been to regenerate the work lost but I've just got them up again to canvass some more work and they say they'll generate a little more than I requested to make up for the first set of lost work.
However, this time around I've had a few more problems with the work. A number of customers have called me to say the price they were quoted was less than the price I was given for them (I had been given £10 and customer said it was £7, I actually sacked one customer because I thought they were trying to rip me off but after a couple more calls to the same effect I realized it was the canvassers). I also had a couple say they didn't sign up to the service only expressed an interest in it.
I spoke to Yan who seems to be the boss and he seems keen to rectify the situation, I think it's his business partner, Harry, who seems to be the most suspect.

Sounds normal to me. You do get a bit of this with canvassed work.

Interested to hear if they do replace the lost work as they say they will guarantee 3 cleans. Hopefully they are true to their word.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 01:51:59 am »
well well well
3 clean guarantee huh well we cant loose this time next year Rodney this time next year  ;D

would it be guaranteed if you knew the work was top noc but the customer wasn't happy dont think it would cos customers never ever say not happy with clean to get out of paying you 6-12 x a year when they only wanted it once as last time cleaned was 6 years ago?

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 07:59:44 am »
Personally I can't see them replacing those that don't go 3 cleans. Because imo that could be 50% of what was originally canvassed.

Can't see them being too keen to come back and do that.

Intetested to hear how it goes.

I had this issue with two different canvassers  a couple of years ago. All was fine and dandy until the cancels started coming in then it was a different story to get them replace or refunded as promised.

Also I would say why are you getting them to canvass more work when they haven't been back to replace the cancels for the first lot? I would want that sorting before you hand over any more dough.

Its ok them saying they will canvass extra but what happens when you lose a load of that then you are waiting for them to replace cancels on 2 lots of work.

Imo you want them to honour the replacements for the first batch first. Make sure you have a contract stating exactly what you are paying for.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »
Personally I can't see them replacing those that don't go 3 cleans. Because imo that could be 50% of what was originally canvassed.

Can't see them being too keen to come back and do that.

Intetested to hear how it goes.

I had this issue with two different canvassers  a couple of years ago. All was fine and dandy until the cancels started coming in then it was a different story to get them replace or refunded as promised.

Also I would say why are you getting them to canvass more work when they haven't been back to replace the cancels for the first lot? I would want that sorting before you hand over any more dough.

Its ok them saying they will canvass extra but what happens when you lose a load of that then you are waiting for them to replace cancels on 2 lots of work.

Imo you want them to honour the replacements for the first batch first. Make sure you have a contract stating exactly what you are paying for.

When i spoke to the guy on the phone i questioned this, saying canvassed work can drop off by upto 50%.  He told me that their canvassers are windows cleaners and not salesman, so they dont target potential customers that could appear to be messers.  Window cleaners know what they are looking for when canvassing, whereas salesmen dont.  He said they have a much better retention rate because of this and drop offs after 3 months are between 10-20% but usually lower than that.

I'm going to give them a go and see how things go.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »
3 clean Garentee roders! Why on earth are they giving all this to us I tell you this time next year this time next year!!

By all means give it a go mate just be careful and don't expose yourself to a massive liability
Take it slow and see if stuff gets refunded or replaced
Let us know too how the replacements go the oldest trick in the book is pay more and we top up
Get it topped up or refunded then get them again if you want too
I'm sure they'll replace it all or sort it let us know
😀

jo5hm4n

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »
3 clean Garentee roders! Why on earth are they giving all this to us I tell you this time next year this time next year!!

By all means give it a go mate just be careful and don't expose yourself to a massive liability
Take it slow and see if stuff gets refunded or replaced
Let us know too how the replacements go the oldest trick in the book is pay more and we top up
Get it topped up or refunded then get them again if you want too
I'm sure they'll replace it all or sort it let us know
😀

Just booked them for November for 1K of work, so shall see how things go!  First time using a canvassing company so will be interesting and an experience to say the least.  If it works out though will more than likely use them again.

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 05:59:02 pm »
Best of luck mate, thats a LOT of work to get through a grand of first cleans.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 06:40:21 pm »

Do you think i should of gone for £500 and then a few weeks later another £500?   There will be 2 of us doing the cleans.  Planning on doing £200 first cleans per day, if possible.  So 5 days to get the lot done, 2 days one week, 3 days the next week.  With a backup day for leftovers.

paul alan

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:15 pm »
josh that's an awful lot of first cleans in a day mate, 5 days straight!

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 07:25:48 pm »

Do you think i should of gone for £500 and then a few weeks later another £500?   There will be 2 of us doing the cleans.  Planning on doing £200 first cleans per day, if possible.  So 5 days to get the lot done, 2 days one week, 3 days the next week.  With a backup day for leftovers.

It takes me a week to do 500 on my own.

Thats if the weather holds up, im always reluctant to do a first clean in bad weather....

Its a hard week, lot of aches and pains after doing that lot.

Dont forget, its not only physically harder and takes twice as long you also have to find each property, probably using the sat nav, then you dont know what its like with parking etc. Then theres chatting to new custy running through how it works etc.

Its not as easy as flying round maintenance cleans that you know the order and the best way to them and park etc on auto pilot.

I wouldnt take on a grand all at once on my own, it would take a couple of weeks to get through and probably throw the rest of my round out. I get batches of 500 and its more than enough at once. I would prefer less that that really.