Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Ford custom entry lvl and med lvl such a bad payload
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:11:37 pm »
its all about the 340 custom 1,475 payload the cheaper ones are less then my connect  :o 680 and 850 but what a difference on the 340

Clever Forum Name

Re: Ford custom entry lvl and med lvl such a bad payload
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:19:32 pm »
290,310,330 ;)

Good luck with the 2.0L engine on the 340  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »
290,310,330 ;)

rep told me they lowered it to 2.0 however increased the ps pretty high its 170+ from 155

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:44:15 pm »
I wouldn't say it's a "bad Payload" majority of folks will need space than weight. An L1H1 Connect has got 2.9 cubic meters of space compared to the L1H1 Customs 6 cu.m. If your towing then the Connect is limited to 1200kg and the Custom 2500kg. Personally I wouldn't listen to what a car/van salesman says and either way I don't see how you would need a 1400kg payload for window cleaning.
The Custom 270 L1H1 is 875kg and the 290 is 1075kg depending on options!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 12:00:57 am »
well to carry a good 800L with hose reels batterys 2 people poles tanks etc you will be well over 1.1k and that amount of water on a good flow rate is about right for all day no need to worry about running out
why would you get a good size van when you cant even have 500l tank and 2 men you might be on the edge on the 875
the sales man was actually trying to upsell the lower paylad saying its loads for tools when i explained then he understood and said the higher payload customs are rarely asked for

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:34:24 am »
"why would you get a good size van when you cant even have 500l tank and 2 men you might be on the edge on the 875"
It's a pointless question really, if your buying a van you have to add up what's realistic day to day. I doubt there's many on here that need 1400kg. I've got a 350l tank that's more than enough, others get by with a 250l.
You might want to consider using fan jets and getting some lighter poles ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 07:24:44 am »
290,310,330 ;)

rep told me they lowered it to 2.0 however increased the ps pretty high its 170+ from 155

Google transit custom Euro 6 engine faults. Clear a day in your diary.

Expect oil problems, update after update, failed injectors etc etc etc etc.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:46:48 am »
Now that's a concern don't like vans having problems

Regarding water you'll find loads of folk that use over 500l a day payload is important IMO

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 10:00:04 am »
I use 650 ltr rarely and that's for two of us, your either doing a hell of a lot of hours or your working too slow for your flow rate.

if your flow is on high you want to be going quickly with it, if your going slowly you want to lower your flow a bit.

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 10:23:53 am »
290,310,330 ;)

Google transit custom Euro 6 engine faults. Clear a day in your diary.

Expect oil problems, update after update, failed injectors etc etc etc etc.
You could say that with a lot of vehicles, Google VW related problems after the update to their cheat software. I nearly ordered a Merc but heard bad reports and then Vauxhall....

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 07:05:13 pm »
I heard that they are now made in Turkey and use cheaper parts. (Don't know if that's true though).
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

duncan h

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 08:17:31 pm »
All modern vans have loads of faults. It show they are now ELECTRONIC. Too many sensors to go wrong.
JEEP had a car with loads of faults. They were going to change a gearbox until someone said a faulty wheel sensor sends those codes out. Where sensor later all ok
It show they are.
Buying a better carry capacity gives you better brakes, suspension and some times much much more

Crystal-clear

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 11:40:10 pm »
All modern vans have loads of faults. It show they are now ELECTRONIC. Too many sensors to go wrong.
JEEP had a car with loads of faults. They were going to change a gearbox until someone said a faulty wheel sensor sends those codes out. Where sensor later all ok
It show they are.
Buying a better carry capacity gives you better brakes, suspension and some times much much more
so basically stick to pre 2010 and dont go new till its all sorted  ???

the king

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 06:17:13 am »
the vivaro is a good van  gear box is a let down tho im hering good things about the new 1.6cdti enging  beta on fuel and more power im still torn wether to get a custum or new vivaro next

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 08:58:55 pm »
the vivaro is a good van  gear box is a let down tho im hering good things about the new 1.6cdti enging  beta on fuel and more power im still torn wether to get a custum or new vivaro next
Maybe some are better on fuel but I don't know about power, the single turbo 120ps is apparently one to avoid for carrying weight and actually consumes more fuel than the 130ps custom and the bi-turbo vivaros.  (apparently)

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 09:16:35 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYxKpryYOc
850 Grippa tank? No answers on the payload in the comments section. Wheel trims are fecking awful.
What does the LGB stand for lesbian gay and bisexual?

the king

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »
ill defo avoid the single turbo 120 then as i carry about 800kilo per day i do like the look of the custum i was also looking at the relay swb a bit bigger than a vivaro  but is it that bit to big and relible ???

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:37 pm »
850 Grippa tank? No answers on the payload in the comments section. Wheel trims are fecking awful.

850 Grippa tank.... Yes correct.

Payload is 1308kg

Wheel trims come with the van from new, you CANNOT get alloy wheels rated higher than 1250kg so its steel wheels. I do agree though they are awful! Not as awful as the sign writing though  :-X :-X Had it redone now thank the lord.

LGB doesn't stand for that, but thanks for the input :D NEVER ever heard that before.

The van has been weighed 3 times and it can only be filled to around 700L with two men in the van.

The reason i went for the 850 is because it was £200 more than the 650 and it took up no more floor space.

Van has been put on a diet and myself so i can fill it more if needed but i am coming down to PT hours to help run the company so 850 System is no longer really needed. Picked up a Grippatank 650 over the weekend so will down size when i can be bothered.

Plankton

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 09:45:54 pm »
Glad I never mentioned the drivers weight being on the heavy side for the payload! :)
"LGB doesn't stand for that, but thanks for the input  NEVER ever heard that before." That's the west of Scotland for you and would only matter on which football team you supported!

Don Kee

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:13 pm »

850 Grippa tank.... Yes correct.

Payload is 1308kg

Wheel trims come with the van from new, you CANNOT get alloy wheels rated higher than 1250kg so its steel wheels. I do agree though they are awful! Not as awful as the sign writing though  :-X :-X Had it redone now thank the lord.

LGB doesn't stand for that, but thanks for the input :D NEVER ever heard that before.

The van has been weighed 3 times and it can only be filled to around 700L with two men in the van.

The reason i went for the 850 is because it was £200 more than the 650 and it took up no more floor space.

Van has been put on a diet and myself so i can fill it more if needed but i am coming down to PT hours to help run the company so 850 System is no longer really needed. Picked up a Grippatank 650 over the weekend so will down size when i can be bothered.

That bit in red is b0llocks, you have hub caps as its a trend spec (you can tell by the none colour coded rear bumper) and alloys only start with the limited spec, its nothing to do with payload.

1250kg per wheel is more than ample and I believe the same alloys are even on the 330 limited

Nice van though, wish back of my vsn looked that sharp  :'(

Plankton

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 10:00:25 pm »
I heard that they are now made in Turkey and use cheaper parts. (Don't know if that's true though).
Made in China, assembled in Turkey?

Plankton

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 10:09:38 pm »
ill defo avoid the single turbo 120 then as i carry about 800kilo per day i do like the look of the custum i was also looking at the relay swb a bit bigger than a vivaro  but is it that bit to big and relible ???
I like the sound of the spec with the Relay and the merc engine option but the look needs an overhaul.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 10:31:17 pm »
I know the difference between a trend a limited.

We've got two customs and a connect and mine is the lowest spec being a trend.

Ask ford that you wanna buy a 330 LWB limited ;D you can't have one.

The only way of getting a 310 limited is getting it with the 1240 payload not the 1310 payload.

Ford do not do a alloy wheel rated above 1250KG payload.

I'm only repeating what the commercial guys at the garage told me.

Don Kee

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 07:24:28 am »
Granted, forgot the 330 kombi only come in Trend 😳

I'm very confused with this whole alloy thing your on about though...
Divide the gvw by 4 and make sure it covers axle weights and the 1250's, 16" more than cover
There are plenty of aftermarkets aswell at 18", and plenty of tyres to fit.

There was a comment that the wheel trims looked a bit pap, and you said it was because that ford only sold alloys to a 1250kg rating...
All my point was, whats that got to do with you having hub caps?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 09:34:20 am »
what about the dispatch ? the swb 2.0 as a very high pay load just over 1500 kgs ! also what about warranty's surely you must think about this ? the Nissan (traffic with a Nissan badge) as a 5 year warranty  worth thinking about if you don't do a lot of miles

Og

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »
You need to consider how it drives with a full payload. Lots of steep hills about.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 07:22:30 pm »
what about the dispatch ? the swb 2.0 as a very high pay load just over 1500 kgs ! also what about warranty's surely you must think about this ? the Nissan (traffic with a Nissan badge) as a 5 year warranty  worth thinking about if you don't do a lot of miles
Yeah that's a great payload to be fair but it's smaller then the transit so wanted to go for transit as I can carry loads of extras plenty of space for carpet cleaner pressure washer gutter vac and most importantly large tank etc
But not sure the dispatch can carry all that so wanted the custom but as you can see low payload unless you get the best one
And now people are saying bad vans oil problems 😐

Plankton

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »
I've heard this "clear a day in your diary" patter before but so far there's only one person on here criticised the custom's reliability. From what I've read it's rusty injectors which has affected mostly camper vans as they've been sitting for long periods.
Has anyone on here with a 2.0l custom had any issues?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 11:19:06 pm »
I've heard this "clear a day in your diary" patter before but so far there's only one person on here criticised the custom's reliability. From what I've read it's rusty injectors which has affected mostly camper vans as they've been sitting for long periods.
Has anyone on here with a 2.0l custom had any issues?
id like to know as i do like the van visually. well i like all fords

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:02 am »
Granted, forgot the 330 kombi only come in Trend 😳

I'm very confused with this whole alloy thing your on about though...
Divide the gvw by 4 and make sure it covers axle weights and the 1250's, 16" more than cover
There are plenty of aftermarkets aswell at 18", and plenty of tyres to fit.

There was a comment that the wheel trims looked a bit pap, and you said it was because that ford only sold alloys to a 1250kg rating...
All my point was, whats that got to do with you having hub caps?

When I have time I will go into ford and ask them about the alloys. I'd love even the standard alloys on my van I was just told I couldn't. When I bought the van new and I asked for 18 sport alloys then cancelled the order. Like I say. Repeating what I've been told.

Tbh I don't stand there looking at hub caps and If it's that only thing people can knock the van for then I ain't done bad.

Plankton

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 05:30:04 pm »
Well that must settle it... No one on ciu has had an issue with the 2.0l Custom. That's my mind at ease  ;)

Plankton

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »
In the vid there doesn't appear to be a roller fitted to the roof bar, does the rear bar sit close enough to avoid hitting the doors when putting a ladder on or are you only getting away with it due to the lighter ladder? Also is that Rhino bars, Ultibars or other.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2017, 05:33:44 pm »
Well that must settle it... No one on ciu has had an issue with the 2.0l Custom. That's my mind at ease  ;)

when we were working in dhl ,  we would buy 4-5 new jumbos every year, some of these vans  would of followed each other down the line yet know two vans would ever be the same ,

some would go miles and miles without needing anything yet we had one that dropped a gearbox at 400 miles , one sized a diff at 6000 mile  some that were in ford every other week while others did 100k a year and needed nothing at all guess you pay your money and hope for a good one

Plankton

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 08:10:09 pm »

when we were working in dhl ,  we would buy 4-5 new jumbos every year, some of these vans  would of followed each other down the line yet know two vans would ever be the same ,

some would go miles and miles without needing anything yet we had one that dropped a gearbox at 400 miles , one sized a diff at 6000 mile  some that were in ford every other week while others did 100k a year and needed nothing at all guess you pay your money and hope for a good one
I had a Mondeo years back 55 plate and the clutch or gear box switch played up at 17000 miles. The garage weren't surprised and said they've seen clutches go after few hundred miles. They replaced the clutch and it was ready the next day even though they said it would be four days as the gear box was to come out to replace the switch! I reversed it out the drive and drove round the corner for the same old poop to happen again. If mechanics or "technicians" done what they said it would have saved a whole lot of hassle.
They'll have a very good idea what to expect with the 2.0 Custom as it's been out for a while and I have one advantage being that a Ford garage is 500 yards from my house, the down side is they'll give me a Ford Ka courtesy vehicle!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 09:21:50 pm »
Well I know I'm the only one on here (in the world?) with a Hyundai iload.

But I have had not one single fault in 5.5 years with mine. Air con still cold. Chain driven cam too.

Ooops. Tell a lie - I snapped a side door handle off in year 4 which they replaced under the warranty. (5 years/100,000 miles)
It's a game of three halves!

Plankton

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 09:40:19 pm »
I like the Hyundais and thinking of getting the Tucson as the wife will be needing a bigger boot soon! Vans seem dearer thought.