This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Window cleaners and drinking alcohol
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:09 am »
i know an alcoholic trad window cleaner.how he manages to climb a ladder is beyond me.last time i met him he stunk of booze and it was 1030am.he s around 50 yrs old now with rotten teeth.
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:04 am »
i know an alcoholic trad window cleaner.how he manages to climb a ladder is beyond me.last time i met him he stunk of booze and it was 1030am.he s around 50 yrs old now with rotten teeth.
Its a good job i had all my teeth punched out in my early years then  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jo5hm4n

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 12:33:04 pm »
I'm 24 and haven't had one alcoholic drink this year at all, and i used to drink several times a week.  I decided to cut out the booze primarily because of health reasons, but i don't miss it one bit, you get used to it, and now the thought of alcohol is just not appealable anymore.

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 03:44:55 pm »

Sounds remarkably similar to Tosh.

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »

Sounds remarkably similar to Tosh.

I do believe his new name is Wai ay banzai !

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 04:31:34 pm »
I rest my case.

Missing Link

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 05:16:03 pm »
Oi!  >:(
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 05:24:17 pm »
Once a month i have a window round near a tobys carvery and i have my lunch there (well my only meal in day as its quite large) and I wash it down with a beer. Then for the rest of the month very little apart from perhaps one or two nights in a month a little tipple of whiskey.  By that i mean an 18yr bottle of laphroaig, which i have a single, neat and drink it slowly. But to show how little, one bottle would last a year or longer.

So not T total but quite a rare drinker

What's wrong with you?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 06:08:21 pm »
Amateur.

robbo333

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »
I drink more than I should.
I do all the cooking (always have). I used to have a stressful job and found cooking relaxed me, the only problem is I always have a glass of red when i'm cooking. And obviously that ends up as 2 or 3. Good cook though  ;D
I got diagnosed with Coeliac disease this year (which means GLUTEN FREE; no wheat, barley, rye or oats), which also means no beer, lager or guiness at all! But I can drink Cider and I do. Not a good mix with red wine.
I should cut down a bit so we'll see how that goes.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 07:15:20 pm »
I drink more than I should.
I do all the cooking (always have). I used to have a stressful job and found cooking relaxed me, the only problem is I always have a glass of red when i'm cooking. And obviously that ends up as 2 or 3. Good cook though  ;D
I got diagnosed with Coeliac disease this year (which means GLUTEN FREE; no wheat, barley, rye or oats), which also means no beer, lager or guiness at all! But I can drink Cider and I do. Not a good mix with red wine.
I should cut down a bit so we'll see how that goes.  ;D

My X Mother in law has  severe celiac disease for a number of years now (severe where its really mucked her system up and  on morphine etc) anyways lol that was slightly irrelevant..........but did you know you can get gluten free beer....albeit doesnt taste too great but its there
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 07:23:47 pm »
Thanks Nathan I did know.
It actually tastes ok but at £4 per bottle it's like everything 'gluten free', it's 'kin expensive.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Og

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 07:40:01 pm »
Stop thinking and start drinking!

Better than god or the gym innit.

slap bash

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 08:06:55 am »
Don't drink at all. When the hangovers last longer than the joy of been drunk its time to stop. Stopped a long time back for me.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27:45 am »
Evening chaps,

5 months ago I decided to stop drinking and lose a bit of weight. Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

Today I was speaking to another window cleaner and he commented that I'd lost quite a bit of weight (4 stone nearly), and asked how I'd done it. I told him that I'd just cut out the booze. His response was "how can you be a windy and not drink".

5 months ago I'd have agreed but obviously I don't anymore lol. Are there any other window cleaners on here who are teetotal? I know Tosh, Trippy and Frank are but is there anyone else?

Yes. Me.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 07:25:06 pm »
drinking is for the weak  ;)

Shrek

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »

The weak can't drink it more like because they get addicted to it and don't know when to stop  ;)

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:16 pm »
Naa , drinking is for the weak and weakend  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 08:57:43 pm »
I don't drink but if I could drink normally I would drink all day.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
a lot of ex alcoholics on here aint they? ;)

thank god we re not still drinking.who knows where we would be now if we were?not in a good place thats for sure.
price higher/work harder!