Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Window cleaners and drinking alcohol
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »
Evening chaps,

5 months ago I decided to stop drinking and lose a bit of weight. Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

Today I was speaking to another window cleaner and he commented that I'd lost quite a bit of weight (4 stone nearly), and asked how I'd done it. I told him that I'd just cut out the booze. His response was "how can you be a windy and not drink".

5 months ago I'd have agreed but obviously I don't anymore lol. Are there any other window cleaners on here who are teetotal? I know Tosh, Trippy and Frank are but is there anyone else?

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

nathankaye

Re: Window cleaners and drinking alcohol
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:56:05 pm »
Im not T Total but im not a heavy nor a big drinker and the other shiner you was speaking to sounds a great guy.
By his reckoning i guess all shiners must be tracksuit wearing, fAg in hand window cleaners 😂😂

Once a month i have a window round near a tobys carvery and i have my lunch there (well my only meal in day as its quite large) and I wash it down with a beer. Then for the rest of the month very little apart from perhaps one or two nights in a month a little tipple of whiskey.  By that i mean an 18yr bottle of laphroaig, which i have a single, neat and drink it slowly. But to show how little, one bottle would last a year or longer.

So not T total but quite a rare drinker
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »
Not T total or anything against alcohol but i just dont drink much of it at all.

I might buy a 4 pack of couple of times a month, if that to be honest its probably less, and even at that r lass would have half of them ..i can go weeks if not months without drinking any... generally dont drink at all.

No health reason or anything, just not something i fancy that much.

If i have some in the fridge ill drink them, if not it rarely crosses my mind.

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:10:20 pm »
Not T total or anything against alcohol but i just dont drink much of it at all.

I might buy a 4 pack of couple of times a month, if that to be honest its probably less, and even at that r lass would have half of them ..i can go weeks if not months without drinking any... generally dont drink at all.

No health reason or anything, just not something i fancy that much.

If i have some in the fridge ill drink them, if not it rarely crosses my mind.

same for me, had one Budweiser two nights ago, that will probably be it now for about 4 weeks

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »
Hello Dean, you've had some big changes mate. Slimmer, employed, no Facebook updates and still following the vale lol. Miss your posts.
Fortunately I drink just the right amount 😁
Tony

lal

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 07:24:56 pm »
  i'm Teetotal Dean, gave it up 12 years ago, had a very bad drink problem, and one day decided I've had enough, called it a day
 and have not looked back.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
I drink every night  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:48 pm »
I'm drinking now  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 08:17:54 pm »
Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

You carried that well mate, no way did you look that heavy. But well done on the abstension, right now i need the extra 1000 calories !!  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 08:30:11 pm »
I should add , im a gin drinker - not a beer drinker  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »
You look like a milk drinker in yer profile pic ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 08:48:17 pm »
I'm completely dry myself....... dry cider, dry white wine, dry gin the lot!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

EandM

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 08:59:17 pm »
I don't drink at all - haven't for four years or so. Then again I never was any good at it.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »
Evening chaps,

5 months ago I decided to stop drinking and lose a bit of weight. Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

Today I was speaking to another window cleaner and he commented that I'd lost quite a bit of weight (4 stone nearly), and asked how I'd done it. I told him that I'd just cut out the booze. His response was "how can you be a windy and not drink".

5 months ago I'd have agreed but obviously I don't anymore lol. Are there any other window cleaners on here who are teetotal? I know Tosh, Trippy and Frank are but is there anyone else?

me too mate.i reckon id be dead now if id of carried on drinking the way i was in my teens and my twenties.hardly touched a drop in 15 years.a dear old school friend was found dead in his flat a few months ago.he was 45.i also know of 3 others who have died before they were 40 through drink/drugs.its rife in this little one horse town i live in. :( :(
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:09:33 pm »

Yes , that's my wife and she has massive CANS full of milk 🍼

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
Right after i posted i thought ooh , should i have said that , i bet he tells me thats his wife ........ god i bet you dont get cold ears this time of year do you Shrek  ;D

Yes , that's my wife and she has massive CANS full of milk 🍼

the king

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:02 pm »
a healthy vodka and orange is best as its one of your five a day and allmost zero calories   ;D i restrict my drinking to weekends only now

Clearview

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:27 pm »
I have a pint on the weekend, maybe two if i'm feeling reckless but that's about it. Never drink during the week. I used to drink a lot when i was younger but as i aged i found my recovery times were getting longer. It's one thing nursing a hangover when you've got a cushy office job but doing something physical like window cleaning is a different proposition.  Dont miss it at all.

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:39 pm »
Not touched the stuff in over 20 years.

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 07:15:46 am »
Everything in moderation

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:09 am »
i know an alcoholic trad window cleaner.how he manages to climb a ladder is beyond me.last time i met him he stunk of booze and it was 1030am.he s around 50 yrs old now with rotten teeth.

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:04 am »
i know an alcoholic trad window cleaner.how he manages to climb a ladder is beyond me.last time i met him he stunk of booze and it was 1030am.he s around 50 yrs old now with rotten teeth.
Its a good job i had all my teeth punched out in my early years then  ;D

jo5hm4n

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 12:33:04 pm »
I'm 24 and haven't had one alcoholic drink this year at all, and i used to drink several times a week.  I decided to cut out the booze primarily because of health reasons, but i don't miss it one bit, you get used to it, and now the thought of alcohol is just not appealable anymore.

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 03:44:55 pm »

Sounds remarkably similar to Tosh.

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »

Sounds remarkably similar to Tosh.

I do believe his new name is Wai ay banzai !

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 04:31:34 pm »
I rest my case.

Missing Link

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 05:16:03 pm »
Oi!  >:(
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 05:24:17 pm »
Once a month i have a window round near a tobys carvery and i have my lunch there (well my only meal in day as its quite large) and I wash it down with a beer. Then for the rest of the month very little apart from perhaps one or two nights in a month a little tipple of whiskey.  By that i mean an 18yr bottle of laphroaig, which i have a single, neat and drink it slowly. But to show how little, one bottle would last a year or longer.

So not T total but quite a rare drinker

What's wrong with you?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 06:08:21 pm »
Amateur.

robbo333

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »
I drink more than I should.
I do all the cooking (always have). I used to have a stressful job and found cooking relaxed me, the only problem is I always have a glass of red when i'm cooking. And obviously that ends up as 2 or 3. Good cook though  ;D
I got diagnosed with Coeliac disease this year (which means GLUTEN FREE; no wheat, barley, rye or oats), which also means no beer, lager or guiness at all! But I can drink Cider and I do. Not a good mix with red wine.
I should cut down a bit so we'll see how that goes.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 07:15:20 pm »
I do all the cooking (always have). I used to have a stressful job and found cooking relaxed me, the only problem is I always have a glass of red when i'm cooking. And obviously that ends up as 2 or 3. Good cook though  ;D
I got diagnosed with Coeliac disease this year (which means GLUTEN FREE; no wheat, barley, rye or oats), which also means no beer, lager or guiness at all! But I can drink Cider and I do. Not a good mix with red wine.

My X Mother in law has  severe celiac disease for a number of years now (severe where its really mucked her system up and  on morphine etc) anyways lol that was slightly irrelevant..........but did you know you can get gluten free beer....albeit doesnt taste too great but its there
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 07:23:47 pm »
Thanks Nathan I did know.
It actually tastes ok but at £4 per bottle it's like everything 'gluten free', it's 'kin expensive.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Og

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 07:40:01 pm »
Stop thinking and start drinking!

Better than god or the gym innit.

slap bash

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 08:06:55 am »
Don't drink at all. When the hangovers last longer than the joy of been drunk its time to stop. Stopped a long time back for me.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27:45 am »
Evening chaps,

Yes. Me.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 07:25:06 pm »
drinking is for the weak  ;)

Shrek

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »

The weak can't drink it more like because they get addicted to it and don't know when to stop  ;)

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:16 pm »
Naa , drinking is for the weak and weakend  ;D

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 08:57:43 pm »
I don't drink but if I could drink normally I would drink all day.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
a lot of ex alcoholics on here aint they? ;)

thank god we re not still drinking.who knows where we would be now if we were?not in a good place thats for sure.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 11:24:23 pm »
I enjoy a drink, start the night on lager and when I've had enough of that it's on to the dark rum....only at weekends tho.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 11:22:09 am »

My X Mother in law has  severe celiac disease for a number of years now (severe where its really mucked her system up and  on morphine etc) anyways lol that was slightly irrelevant..........but did you know you can get gluten free beer....albeit doesnt taste too great but its there

I recon "Corona" is gluten free. Don't take a window cleaners word for it though, heh.

Slacky

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 12:49:46 pm »
a lot of ex alcoholics on here aint they? ;)

ex?

Steven Biggs

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 03:17:40 pm »
I will be getting absolutely anialated tonight . An hard 4 days , all worked up . So the wife is doing a big fat steak washed down with some vino . Then it's strongbow and jack Daniels all the way with some good tunes chilling with the wife . You alcoholics getting jealous .  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 05:03:01 pm »
You alcoholics getting jealous .  ;D

Annihalated on that? You're an amateur. I used to drink that for breakfast, literally.

Miko67

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 05:33:34 pm »
If you can do that Stevy then fair play to you.
Some of us wouldn't have a wife or a life if we  started drinking again . 
N if we did shed probably be out the window by the ankles

Frankybadboy

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 06:33:51 pm »
actually i feel that all alcohol should be banned,i feel that strongly about it as well ;)

Shrek

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 06:35:40 pm »
actually i feel that all alcohol should be banned,i feel that strongly about it as well ;)

Yes your right , lets ban everything that's bad for you because some people can't control their urges .  ::)roll

Frankybadboy

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 06:53:34 pm »

Yes your right , lets ban everything that's bad for you because some people can't control their urges .  ::)roll
never had any problem with it,decided that didnt need it

so yes a good idea,just think how much we could save as a country  ;)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 06:57:33 pm »
You alcoholics getting jealous .  ;D

Annihalated on that? You're an amateur. I used to drink that for breakfast, literally.
thats not good drinking for your breakfast . Only on stag dos . Gotta go. The wife's just opened another bottle of sauv blanc .

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2017, 07:46:11 pm »
I will be getting absolutely anialated tonight . An hard 4 days , all worked up . So the wife is doing a big fat steak washed down with some vino . Then it's strongbow and jack Daniels all the way with some good tunes chilling with the wife . You alcoholics getting jealous .  ;D

why would we be jealous?there is nothing stopping any of us going for a drink if we wanted too.i tried it again after nearly 8 years without a drop and it was truly awful.there is nothing for me in drinking alcohol.its fools gold.a  mirage,an illusion.

to wake up with a hangover after years of being sober is not very nice at all.

we ve plumbed  depths you couldnt even imagine in your worst nightmares mate.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2017, 07:41:46 am »
But there is something stopping weak willed alcoholics from having a drink . Your probably afraid of waking up in a telephone box with your undies on your head . Where I know I can handle it and enjoy it with good friends and family . By the way you got any paracetamols .  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:18 am »
But there is something stopping weak willed alcoholics from having a drink . Your probably afraid of waking up in a telephone box with your undies on your head . Where I know I can handle it and enjoy it with good friends and family . By the way you got any paracetamols .  ;D

feeling a bit rough this morning mate? ;D

my drug of choice these days is pumping iron in the gym and eating right.i never knew i could feel this good in the morning. :)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2017, 08:27:56 am »
Yeh a bit . But the lads off to get us a spam sarnie . That might help . Yeh just a bit of banter mate . I'm actually thinking of asking Nathan to pop round at half 2 in the morning . See if he can fit me a 6 jet spray bar to a bottle of jack Daniels . I just can't get it out fast enough . What you reckon Nathan .  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:20 am »
Yeh a bit . But the lads off to get us a spam sarnie . That might help . Yeh just a bit of banter mate . I'm actually thinking of asking Nathan to pop round at half 2 in the morning . See if he can fit me a 6 jet spray bar to a bottle of jack Daniels . I just can't get it out fast enough . What you reckon Nathan .  ;D

There you go, prove that alcohol kills brain cells 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2017, 02:52:32 pm »
Some brilliant replies there,

Cheers lads,

Have a good hangover free weekend,

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

W.booler

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2017, 05:07:26 pm »

Og

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 07:52:01 pm »

Post of the year!

That might be the drink mind.

G Griffin

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2017, 12:09:33 am »

Post of the year!

That might be the drink mind.
Agreed.
But what's Biggsy thinking? Sauvignon blanc with steak?! Red with red meat, you Yorkshire pudd'n!
On second thoughts, drink the white wine and save the steak for your black eye in the morning.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Steven Biggs

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2017, 10:44:00 am »
Ha ha griff . We don't do food and wine protocol in our house . But we did actually have a bottle of merlot with the steak . Then a bit of Sauv blanc after . Now your gunna tell me never to mix the grape .  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
Ha ha griff . We don't do food and wine protocol in our house . But we did actually have a bottle of merlot with the steak . Then a bit of Sauv blanc after . Now your gunna tell me never to mix the grape .  ;D
No, that's perfectly acceptable.
Sounds like you had a good night. The last time I really mixed them though, the toilet in our hotel room looked like the back of JFK's car as the cavalcade headed through Texas.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2017, 09:19:01 pm »
No, that's perfectly acceptable.
Sounds like you had a good night. The last time I really mixed them though, the toilet in our hotel room looked like the back of JFK's car as the cavalcade headed through Texas.
That would not have happened if you were a spit not swallow kind a guy  ;D