This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Window cleaners and drinking alcohol
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »
Evening chaps,

5 months ago I decided to stop drinking and lose a bit of weight. Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

Today I was speaking to another window cleaner and he commented that I'd lost quite a bit of weight (4 stone nearly), and asked how I'd done it. I told him that I'd just cut out the booze. His response was "how can you be a windy and not drink".

5 months ago I'd have agreed but obviously I don't anymore lol. Are there any other window cleaners on here who are teetotal? I know Tosh, Trippy and Frank are but is there anyone else?

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

nathankaye

Re: Window cleaners and drinking alcohol
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:56:05 pm »
Im not T Total but im not a heavy nor a big drinker and the other shiner you was speaking to sounds a great guy.
By his reckoning i guess all shiners must be tracksuit wearing, fAg in hand window cleaners 😂😂

Once a month i have a window round near a tobys carvery and i have my lunch there (well my only meal in day as its quite large) and I wash it down with a beer. Then for the rest of the month very little apart from perhaps one or two nights in a month a little tipple of whiskey.  By that i mean an 18yr bottle of laphroaig, which i have a single, neat and drink it slowly. But to show how little, one bottle would last a year or longer.

So not T total but quite a rare drinker
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »
Not T total or anything against alcohol but i just dont drink much of it at all.

I might buy a 4 pack of couple of times a month, if that to be honest its probably less, and even at that r lass would have half of them ..i can go weeks if not months without drinking any... generally dont drink at all.

No health reason or anything, just not something i fancy that much.

If i have some in the fridge ill drink them, if not it rarely crosses my mind.

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:10:20 pm »
Not T total or anything against alcohol but i just dont drink much of it at all.

I might buy a 4 pack of couple of times a month, if that to be honest its probably less, and even at that r lass would have half of them ..i can go weeks if not months without drinking any... generally dont drink at all.

No health reason or anything, just not something i fancy that much.

If i have some in the fridge ill drink them, if not it rarely crosses my mind.

same for me, had one Budweiser two nights ago, that will probably be it now for about 4 weeks

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »
Hello Dean, you've had some big changes mate. Slimmer, employed, no Facebook updates and still following the vale lol. Miss your posts.
Fortunately I drink just the right amount 😁
Tony

lal

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 07:24:56 pm »
  i'm Teetotal Dean, gave it up 12 years ago, had a very bad drink problem, and one day decided I've had enough, called it a day
 and have not looked back.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
I drink every night  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:48 pm »
I'm drinking now  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 08:17:54 pm »
Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

You carried that well mate, no way did you look that heavy. But well done on the abstension, right now i need the extra 1000 calories !!  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 08:30:11 pm »
I should add , im a gin drinker - not a beer drinker  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »
You look like a milk drinker in yer profile pic ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 08:48:17 pm »
I'm completely dry myself....... dry cider, dry white wine, dry gin the lot!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

EandM

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 08:59:17 pm »
I don't drink at all - haven't for four years or so. Then again I never was any good at it.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »
Evening chaps,

5 months ago I decided to stop drinking and lose a bit of weight. Mainly because I was almost 21 stone and the 1000 calories in beer a night I was having a night weren't helping,

Today I was speaking to another window cleaner and he commented that I'd lost quite a bit of weight (4 stone nearly), and asked how I'd done it. I told him that I'd just cut out the booze. His response was "how can you be a windy and not drink".

5 months ago I'd have agreed but obviously I don't anymore lol. Are there any other window cleaners on here who are teetotal? I know Tosh, Trippy and Frank are but is there anyone else?

me too mate.i reckon id be dead now if id of carried on drinking the way i was in my teens and my twenties.hardly touched a drop in 15 years.a dear old school friend was found dead in his flat a few months ago.he was 45.i also know of 3 others who have died before they were 40 through drink/drugs.its rife in this little one horse town i live in. :( :(
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:09:33 pm »

Yes , that's my wife and she has massive CANS full of milk 🍼

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
Right after i posted i thought ooh , should i have said that , i bet he tells me thats his wife ........ god i bet you dont get cold ears this time of year do you Shrek  ;D

Yes , that's my wife and she has massive CANS full of milk 🍼

the king

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:02 pm »
a healthy vodka and orange is best as its one of your five a day and allmost zero calories   ;D i restrict my drinking to weekends only now

Clearview

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:27 pm »
I have a pint on the weekend, maybe two if i'm feeling reckless but that's about it. Never drink during the week. I used to drink a lot when i was younger but as i aged i found my recovery times were getting longer. It's one thing nursing a hangover when you've got a cushy office job but doing something physical like window cleaning is a different proposition.  Dont miss it at all.

Slacky

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:39 pm »
Not touched the stuff in over 20 years.

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 07:15:46 am »
Everything in moderation