Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

I dont want a good job doing!!!!
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:15:19 pm »

A first for me today.

I surveyed some carpets at a guys house last week and must admit he made me chuckle with his chat.

His first comments were basically ", the wife is away on holiday and she has left me with a list of jobs to be done whilst away, " giving the impression he really did have a thumb print on top of his head , even to the point of me feeling quite sorry for him.

Any way, turned up today to clean the carpets , he was busy painting away in the back porch, (feeling really sorry for the guy now he looked really ped off)     and he said to me ," don't do too good a job ,she will know I haven't cleaned them"  curious I asked how he was going to clean them?  He the went under the kitchen sink and to show me 6 cans of vanish foam she had bought him.

"she thinks I,m going on my hands and knees to clean the carpets , I will let her think that"

I had to laugh.   never been asked not to do too good a job

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

AJB

Re: I dont want a good job doing!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:24:37 am »
Many times I've been told, "he wants it cleaned, I want a new carpet
could you shrink it". I've always politely declined.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:07:49 pm »
Yes AJB. My heart used to sink when you got the comment, "if it doesn't come up very well then we'll replace it".

You could almost guarantee that you were going to disappoint one of them.

If you did a fantastic job then, generally speaking, she didn't get the new carpet/sofa.  And having warned them of the limitations of cleaning it came up as well as I expected, but below theirs then, again, generally speaking it was his turn to be upset as not only had he paid for this item to be cleaned but was also going to have to pay for a new one as well.

Ah, marital harmony.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

AJB

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:06:19 am »
So many times it was " this will be the last clean just to tide us over,
we'll have a new one, soon"
Only to go back for the next 10 years and clean the same item again
and again, and hear the same BS again and again.
It's a bit like the "you do extra good job, I got lots of friends"
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »
Was a nightmare doing stain removal for the insurance companies. The clever ones made sure the carpet was totally knacked. But some of them were devastated when you got the stain out 100%.

AJB

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 06:22:22 pm »
That was another regularly heard quote, when refusing
 a guard " don't bother I'm gonna kick a tin of paint over it
in a couple of months".